Buying Sunsong Ranch ... how much?

So, as per the 5.2 patch notes (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552/52_PTR_Now_Live-1_2_2013):
Buy The Farm

Players that have grown attached to working the land at Sunsong Ranch can now purchase the land from Farmer Yoon. Once the farm is owned by a player, it becomes a rest point like an Inn, where the player can bind and instantly log out. Work orders will pour into the farm from factions across Pandaria, and completing a work order will earn a reputation boost with the issuing faction.
Please note: The new Sunsong Ranch features are not available on the PTR, but will be coming soon.
I have four farms fully leveled and up and running, and am currently working on a fifth (decided to level my rogue).

What kind of price tag are we looking at on this? Will it be in the price range of 300% flying, or are we talking about some retarded cost in the range of BMAH prices?

I'm pretty rich in Azeroth, to the point that I buy what I want and don't normally worry about pricing. That said, I'm pretty rich in Azeroth because I'm not silly with my gold, either, and the ability of Sunsong Ranch to be used as a log point isn't worth more than a few thousand gold ESPECIALLY considering there's more expansions to come.

What's the price point?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
By the time most have that farm up and running productively, don't they already have those other factions rep done? So, in other words, buying the farm just gets you an inn.. when you have one just up the hill you can log on/off on?
Reply Quote
93 Human Monk
01/15/2013 10:15 AMPosted by Minastir
What's the price point?

I'd say it rhimes with "YAK" and rings like 100K G.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Hunter
oh wise and mighty minastir I am almost certain it will be an epic BMAH Price:)

That will be 30k gold for my evaluation :)
Edited by Mystikhunter on 1/15/2013 10:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
It will be too much for me, I'm afraid.

But only in the sense that I'm currently running 10 farms.

Stupid shaman, I hate leveling this class.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
my gold only goes to mounts
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
I'm not that interested in turning the farm into an inn. There's one a few steps away, and 90s don't need the rest bonus anyway. What I am a little curious about is the quests that will come with it. That might make it worth doing at least with my main. Depending on the price and rewards, I might not bother with my alts.
Reply Quote
Until I fixed it up it was worth 5K and that is if it was real land with a shack on it.

It will be 100K probably. I knew that farmer Yoon was the devil.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Idk, I hope they resist the urge to suck all the gold out of every player and think about the little guys who don't have 100k gold on everytoon we ever roll.

I'd love to own my farm on at least one toon.

01/15/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Searc
By the time most have that farm up and running productively, don't they already have those other factions rep done? So, in other words, buying the farm just gets you an inn.. when you have one just up the hill you can log on/off on?

As for this, no.

Not for me at least. I do the reps that I *need* done for professions and then I just settle down and work on other stuff. I would like to get the other reps up eventually, but I'm not gonna do a rep grind when I don't need them.

Of course I'll probably just start another faction when I run outa coins, but thats just me.
Reply Quote
oh wise and mighty minastir I am almost certain it will be an epic BMAH Price:)

That will be 30k gold for my evaluation :)
LOL

I would pay 30k for it IF they made it so that when I reach Exalted with the Tillers and opened up the farm completely with any toon on my account it automatically converted to an inn.

Otherwise, Jelnaana is right, it wouldn't be worth it.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 10:43 AMPosted by Showsumleg
Idk, I hope they resist the urge to suck all the gold out of every player and think about the little guys who don't have 100k gold on everytoon we ever roll.
Yeah.

I have toons on Darrowmere that don't have anywhere near the resources I have on Hellscream. 100k is nothing to this guy, but the toons I rolled on Darrowmere would have to resort to tricking in Stormwind to get that kind of dough lol.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Instead of purchasing the farm from the lazy Farmer Yoon, I should be able to kill him and take the land for myself.

I've done the work. Yoon just sits around on his fat furry butt.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
01/15/2013 10:50 AMPosted by Minastir
Yeah.

I have toons on Darrowmere that don't have anywhere near the resources I have on Hellscream. 100k is nothing to this guy, but the toons I rolled on Darrowmere would have to resort to tricking in Stormwind to get that kind of dough lol.

I hear ya.

People keep telling me that money is raining from the sky in this expansion. I just don't see it. Might have to do with the fact that I prefer soloing old raids than I do playing the Auction House, but nonetheless I got about 30k between all my toons.

That being said I think they should price it by averages.

If the average amount of money between all toons on every account is 100k gold, then price it at 100k by all means, but if people are barely scraping 50k then 100k will just make it a thing for the rich.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Remember its another gold sink idea from wow, you can expect future updates like taxes, repair bills etc to keep that gold sink going.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If its some high amount I wont buy it, the next expansion will come and the farm will probably have no use after that. Just give me true player housing already that will have some benefit and not die out with the next expansion.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
If buying the farm opens up getting more Ironpaw Tokens, I'm buying it.

If not, I'll keep walking my cooking alt up the hill ever day after he picks, tills and plants.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock

If not, I'll keep walking my cooking alt up the hill ever day after he picks, tills and plants.

The apprentice chef gives you a free one every day after you've levelled her along with one of the +300 stat foods. Really worth it especially caused she levels mostly on purchasable items.
Reply Quote
95 Undead Rogue
Owning a single farm might not be much of an incentive, but the OP says he has multiple farms. That could become lucrative -- as long as they're all same realm and same faction. Example: I have 9 toons on this one server. 3 of them are Alliance. That leaves 6 Horde. All but one of those are even in the same guild, so xfer of stuff is no problem. If they all buy farms I can have every one of them grow exactly the same thing, send all of it to one and do what I need to with that one, whether it's AH a bunch of Golden Lotus, or grab some Ironpaw Tokens by filling up grocery bags really fast... doesn't matter. The possibilities are there to do a number of things with passing around whatever gets grown and speeding up the various processees.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

How do you still need ironpaw tokens? You know you can turn in sacks of food and get as many as you want. If you are to lazy to farm food (by actually farming or farming in the sense of killing a bazillion things that drop meat) then just buy some off the AH. Pretty sure you can get all the tokens you need at a cheaper price than what the farm will be.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]