I did some raiding in Cata but not very much just LFR stuff. I did run a fair amount of heroics though and I did a lot of raid healing back in Wrath.
That being said I'm trying to wrap my head around this new MOP model
I understand our totems are shorter burst now but I really liked dropping 4 all at once.
I need some advice as to how others run their shamans healing in dungeons and raids.
So far I am doing fine, no deaths in several dungeon runs but I also feel I'm not being as effective as I could be. Granted I really don't need to be yet but that's not the point.
I want to be prepared to go into my first 10 man raid as a healer and keep everyone alive.
Skills I develop now will help me later and I would prefer to not have my first few raid experiences go South because of my lack of efficiency.
All that being said this is what I have so far
1. My gear seems fine, 400+ at level 86 thanks to some AH purchases
2. I run VuhDo as my heal mod
3. I follow the standard rotations found on many websites, earth shield, roll riptide, etc
I don't really have any problems with the standard heals
4. I use healing stream as often as I can
5. I throw down searing once in a while to help out
6. I took Astral Shift but never need to push it, I just roll a riptide on myself instead
7. I haven't really needed Spirit Link
8. I use Healing Tide and Healing Rain when the group is all 25% damaged
9. I never use Call of the Elements or Totemic Recall
10. I don't seem to have a good earth totem option other than the elemental on limited basis
So, what am I missing, what do others do?
Also I am never out of mana, haven't needed to drink anything yet