<Paradigm> Recruiting

85 Night Elf Druid
<Paradigm> is a freshly started/transferred guild of heroic/progression raiders, where the leadership is mostly 2k+ rated. Respect and honor are a big part of our creed.

We have a strong emphasis on a light playful atmosphere that can quickly turn deadly serious, and efficient during raids.

The majority of our members love PvP, so expect loads of Rated BGs and arena partners!

Message myself (Seili), Genesìs, Jeniva, or Krovan to learn more details about what we have going on here, message any member for a casual invite to the guild at any time!
Edited by Sydafexx on 1/17/2013 4:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
<Paradigm> is a freshly started/transferred guild of heroic/progression raiders, who are also mostly 2k+ rated. Respect and honor are a big part of our creed.

That seems like a bit of an over-exaggeration from what I can see from your guild roster.

If "respect and honor" are a big part of your creed - don't fudge your numbers to make yourselves look better.

01/17/2013 02:54 AMPosted by Sydafexx
The majority of our members love PvP, so expect loads of Rated BGs and arena partners!

You aren't coming to the right realm if you're expecting to run "loads of Rated BGs," or find competent arena partners. Anybody that fits that description is generally already paired off with other people, and their own guild.

01/17/2013 02:54 AMPosted by Sydafexx
Message myself (Seili), Genesìs, Jeniva, or Krovan to learn more details about what we have going on here, message any member for a casual invite to the guild at any time!

Transfer guilds, especially ones touting big things, never fair well on our server - we've had our fair share. They all end up packing their things and transferring back off to a different realm. Most come to be big fish in a little pond - and that doesn't usually work out well for them.

We're a very small, extremely segmented realm plagued by over-zealous guild start-ups. Any good players are generally split amongst various guilds and would be reluctant to leave.

Just a heads up.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Not only that OP has already pissed people off on Coilfang, both Horde and Alliance.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Just checked your Roster and you maybe have 6 90s and none of them have 2k Rating, most aren't even on a Arena Team?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/17/2013 12:45 PMPosted by Steelheart
Just checked your Roster and you maybe have 6 90s and none of them have 2k Rating, most aren't even on a Arena Team?

Looks like only a couple do - and some of it is only in 2s - so..

Yeah - they aren't making a very good first impression.
Edited by Xexyz on 1/17/2013 1:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
That seems like a bit of an over-exaggeration from what I can see from your guild roster.

If "respect and honor" are a big part of your creed - don't fudge your numbers to make yourselves look better.

You aren't coming to the right realm if you're expecting to run "loads of Rated BGs," or find competent arena partners. Anybody that fits that description is generally already paired off with other people, and their own guild.

Transfer guilds, especially ones touting big things, never fair well on our server - we've had our fair share. They all end up packing their things and transferring back off to a different realm. Most come to be big fish in a little pond - and that doesn't usually work out well for them.

Few things:

What numbers were fudged exactly? The guild is not even 24 hours old, the majority of our roster is already 80+ and the guild is almost level 3. In addition, when I say 'transfer' I mean that we all (8 of us so far, going to be 14 which incidentally is a 10man + rated BG group) rerolled on this server. If you look at this druid alone, (B.Net won't let me change what character/achievements/statistics will display) you'll see that I have heroic downs when firelands content was actually the thing to do. You'll also see that it's 2k in 2s, and I barely pvp'd on this druid. (something like maybe 80 arena wins total?) This is just me personally and I probably PvP the least out of all us, save maybe Jeniva.

We didn't come here to be 'big fish' like you say, we came here because we are sick of the more populated servers where everything is just a click away. I missed the days of having to go out and farm my own stuff, and having to coordinate with others to get things done. If I can do the latest heroic raid content in a pug, it gets boring extremely fast.

This is about returning to roots, I started off on Ravenholdt alliance, most of us started there actually. We've been gaming together for years and just want a sense of community again. I'm sorry if you believe differently, but I can't do anything about you feeling wrongly offended? disgruntled? unhappy?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/17/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Sydafexx
What numbers were fudged exactly?

when I say 'transfer' I mean that we all (8 of us so far, going to be 14 which incidentally is a 10man + rated BG group) rerolled on this server.

^ Fudged, you called yourself a transfer guild. When you say "transfer" in context of this game it means something, not whatever moon meaning you have in your head. It implies that you have some level of structure already - you do not.

If you look at this druid alone, (B.Net won't let me change what character/achievements/statistics will display) you'll see that I have heroic downs when firelands content was actually the thing to do.

Generally when you're claiming to be a "heroic/progression raiding guild" you guild is actually doing current content - not making outrageous claims based off of only doing 3 heroic firelands bosses.

That was last expansion, bud. Fudged.

You'll also see that it's 2k in 2s, and I barely pvp'd on this druid. (something like maybe 80 arena wins total?) This is just me personally and I probably PvP the least out of all us, save maybe Jeniva.

You realize that I can see those numbers, correct? I know it's 2k in 2s - I pointed that out already.

You've definitely won over 300 arena matches total, significantly more total played.

So you're fudging numbers while asking about fudging numbers? Cool.

I also see you've edited your original post to be a little more concise. /golfclap

We didn't come here to be 'big fish' like you say, we came here because we are sick of the more populated servers where everything is just a click away. I missed the days of having to go out and farm my own stuff, and having to coordinate with others to get things done. If I can do the latest heroic raid content in a pug, it gets boring extremely fast.

Yeah - you certainly have been giving a different impression. /sarcasm

I bet getting carried through 3 heroic firelands bosses in a pug must've been reaaaal boring.

This is about returning to roots, I started off on Ravenholdt alliance, most of us started there actually. We've been gaming together for years and just want a sense of community again. I'm sorry if you believe differently, but I can't do anything about you feeling wrongly offended? disgruntled? unhappy?

You all have an odd way of fitting into a new community. Unless you think that moaning about peoples rating on the forums gives you that sense of community that you need. Yelling obscenities in /yell and trade chat is charming, too.

Nice edits, though. You should have all absorbed into one of the existing guilds instead of trying to be cool cat special snowflakes. "ZOMG EVERY0nEZ IS HEROIC RAIDERS n TWO-KAY GUYZ WE R AWSUM JOIN OUR GULD K?"

Try hards trying too hard.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I honestly don't even understand how you get off on these tangents so hard, guy.

We ARE a transfer guild, all of us were guildies on a different realm, we all raided together and know how to organize. Mayhap that 'some level of structure' you were speaking of?

I personally just logged on my druid, I have 165 arena matches played on her, and exactly 100 wins. I have the achievement for 300+ on my paladin, who interestingly enough is a little higher than 2k

I also don't understand what you're spouting about only 3 heroics down in Firelands, that's why I have the corrupted firehawk, and Firelord? Right?

"Yelling obscenities in /yell and trade chat is charming, too." I honestly am completely !@#$ing clueless on this one, none of us have done such a thing, I just went through and specifically asked everyone.

My ONE edit is changing where I said 'who are mostly 2k players' to 'where the leadership is 2k+' which is exactly what my recruitment macro says (Sorry I made a small mistake, still, 3/4 leaders and 3/7 90s currently in guild are 2k+)

The only thing I have ever said regarding calling out ratings was one small statement on a post where the guy was being a total %%!%#@@@. I simply pointed out that 2100 is nothing special and does not warrant him to be like that.

Before you go calling out myself or my guild, check your facts please and thank you :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Nobody likes you go away
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
01/18/2013 07:58 AMPosted by Trollapriest
Nobody likes you go away

Ouch.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/17/2013 10:05 PMPosted by Sydafexx
I honestly don't even understand how you get off on these tangents so hard, guy.

Says the person who edited their post in realization of how ridiculous it is.

We ARE a transfer guild, all of us were guildies on a different realm, we all raided together and know how to organize. Mayhap that 'some level of structure' you were speaking of?

A transfer guild implies that a guild has.. you know.. transferred. An established guild from one realm to another. One with already established characters and progression.

No - you have no structure. You're a bunch of rerolls trying to be big fish in a little pond.

I personally just logged on my druid, I have 165 arena matches played on her, and exactly 100 wins. I have the achievement for 300+ on my paladin, who interestingly enough is a little higher than 2k

Why yes - I do agree that you exaggerated your numbers. Thank you for confirming.

I also don't understand what you're spouting about only 3 heroics down in Firelands, that's why I have the corrupted firehawk, and Firelord? Right?

You were talking about your druid, bud.

If you look at this druid alone

I see 3 H-FL bosses downed.

"Yelling obscenities in /yell and trade chat is charming, too." I honestly am completely !@#$ing clueless on this one, none of us have done such a thing, I just went through and specifically asked everyone.

That's not what I've heard - or seen for that matter.

My ONE edit is changing where I said 'who are mostly 2k players' to 'where the leadership is 2k+' which is exactly what my recruitment macro says (Sorry I made a small mistake, still, 3/4 leaders and 3/7 90s currently in guild are 2k+)

Keep on editin', bud. Try to save some face!

The only thing I have ever said regarding calling out ratings was one small statement on a post where the guy was being a total %%!%#@@@. I simply pointed out that 2100 is nothing special and does not warrant him to be like that.

Who are you to act superior in a community completely unfamiliar to you when you yourself have only achieved 2k rating, and in 2s no less.

You're running your mouth needlessly, trying to thump your chest and be a cool cat, and making a horrible first impression.

Before you go calling out myself or my guild, check your facts please and thank you :)

Seriously? I've been one the checking facts. I've called you out on a variety of mistakes - I have provided numbers.

My facts are straight, and -

Nobody likes you go away

- this is my conclusion.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

You may actually want to be a bit more selective about what Coilfang natives you bring into your guild if you're interested in becoming a respectable part of the community. Bad eggs will give your guild an unsavory reputation.

Best of luck~
Edited by Salisbury on 1/18/2013 4:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
01/18/2013 04:25 PMPosted by Salisbury

You may actually want to be a bit more selective about what Coilfang natives you bring into your guild if you're interested in becoming a respectable part of the community. Bad eggs will give your guild an unsavory reputation.

Best of luck~

Could you tell me who is responsible? I'm very interested in this, thank you.

@Xexyz - You didn't follow my responses or thought processes very well. I also don't understand why you are so pre-disposed to be a complete d!ckwad when I nor my guild have done or said anything to you. You don't like me, cool, I get it. You're wrong about a lot of things that you are 'calling me out on' so I'm going to just stop responding you to at this point.

your troll pretty successful.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/18/2013 08:52 PMPosted by Sydafexx
You're wrong about a lot of things that you are 'calling me out on'

What was I wrong about, exactly? I thought that I was pretty thorough and concise.

Are you pulling out your moon logic again?

01/18/2013 08:52 PMPosted by Sydafexx
your troll pretty successful.

Oh, you're one of those guys. Everybody that disagrees with you is a troll.

Got it, champ.
Edited by Xexyz on 1/19/2013 10:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
CbK
Who cares if everything he/she said is completely accurate or not. More people coming to the server, especially the alliance side is a huge plus for Coilfang. The server needs people that are capable of leading raids and competing in pvp.

This server is great because it is small and everybody knows each other, however it's great to have some new additions who are at the very least decent players. If Coilfang can remain low population but with some fresh blood to spark some life into pvp, raids, and create some server rivalry then all that can come from it is good.

After they've been here for a while, feel free to judge them more. At least give them some time though. I'm hoping they're better than they say they are. I need some rivalries in PvP to really spark my interest again like what kept my teammates and I going in WotLK here on Coilfang.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
You'll have to just accept Xexyz's opinion, because he will argue it until the post dies. He tends to get very (overly) protective of his little pond and will send his multi-box accounts after you if you try to stake a claim to anything.

Nobody likes you go away
When did you become liked Troll? Or are you speaking from a person that knows.....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/22/2013 09:08 AMPosted by Hursuit
You'll have to just accept Xexyz's opinion, because he will argue it until the post dies. He tends to get very (overly) protective of his little pond and will send his multi-box accounts after you if you try to stake a claim to anything.

Still upset I see.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Nah, I just love getting a reaction from you. It's so easy :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Who cares if everything he/she said is completely accurate or not. More people coming to the server, especially the alliance side is a huge plus for Coilfang. The server needs people that are capable of leading raids and competing in pvp.

This server is great because it is small and everybody knows each other, however it's great to have some new additions who are at the very least decent players. If Coilfang can remain low population but with some fresh blood to spark some life into pvp, raids, and create some server rivalry then all that can come from it is good.

After they've been here for a while, feel free to judge them more. At least give them some time though. I'm hoping they're better than they say they are. I need some rivalries in PvP to really spark my interest again like what kept my teammates and I going in WotLK here on Coilfang.

This is very well said
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I thought they shut down Coilfang months ago...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]