Can Paladins Bubble when silenced

90 Undead Mage
I was under the assumption that paladins can bubble when silenced, the only time they can not is when cycloned or when their holy tree has been interrupted (school lockout). A ret pally friend of mine insists that he can't bubble when blanket silenced or strangulated or that monk interrupt. We went out a dueled and sure enough he couldn't bubble when blanketed.. or so he says... if this is true when did this change take place?
Edited by Vecna on 1/18/2013 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I tested this with a friend once. Being a fellow belf, he used Arcane Torrent before I hit bubble. Apparently, even in the 2 seconds of silence, I could still cast bubble. I'm not quite sure how that works out now, but I think overall silences still affect the ability to cast bubble.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
you can always bubble. it's like a pvp trinket that protects you from all damage and cc
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
there are only a few things that prevent bubble, GCD is the biggest culprit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You can bubble when silenced. However you CANNOT bubble if the holy tree is locked out. Blanket silences we can break, lockouts we cannot.

Iceblock functions the same way.
Edited by Vindicare on 1/18/2013 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
That's what I thought, not sure what he was smoking.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
01/23/2013 11:20 AMPosted by Vecna
That's what I thought, not sure what he was smoking.

Whatever it is? Can I have some? =D jk

GCD on bubble has ended my life so many times in arena )=
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You can bubble when silenced. However you CANNOT bubble if the holy tree is locked out. Blanket silences we can break, lockouts we cannot.

Iceblock functions the same way.

^ This

EDIT: Yeah, GCD totally sucks. :(
Edited by Marseilles on 1/23/2013 1:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
01/18/2013 10:03 AMPosted by Dishbag
you can always bubble. it's like a pvp trinket that protects you from all damage and cc

You can't be cycloned while bubbled, but you can't bubble while cycloned. That's the only exception that comes to mind, other than the aforementioned lockouts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
01/18/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Halfcalf
there are only a few things that prevent bubble, GCD is the biggest culprit.

Falling victim to(*) a lockout is the second most noticeable culprit.
Edited by Prisspriss on 1/23/2013 3:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
When the school is interrupted, no.

If we're just silenced, stunned, feared, polymorphed, etc then yes, we can bubble.

And like you said if we're cycloned we can't bubble either :/ Yet we can trinket out of cyclone >.<
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]