Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
6% proc chance, so yes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Thanks for the heads up!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Pretend it's 6% invisible crit that can also crit again and it works really great on certain spells (but really lousy on others).

It's not spectacular, but it's not unviable compared to the others.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
The fun aspect of it doesn't exist and it's completely worthless for healing unless a fight becomes a godsend for chain heal. So yes, it's a pure DPS talents.
Edited by Sensations on 1/20/2013 3:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Tell Echo to get to the back of the line behind Tier 45 if we are talking about mediocre Shaman talents. Maybe Tier 90 too, but my Shaman is staying 85 for the foreseeable future so I've not had much experience with them post beta.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Waste of time for a Resto Shaman, awesome for an Elemental Shaman as it procs off your mastery. Better off with unleashed Fury with Ancestral Swiftness + GHW macro'd for some of those "Oh S@#$" moments
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Echo does NOT work on the following:
Healing Rain
Healing Stream
Healing Tide
Earthliving (resets the duration of the HoT so depreciated somewhat based on likelyhood of you reapplying ELW before it would fall off)
Unleash Weapon/Fury (The first heal receives the buff, the Echo doesn't)

So overall... drop Echo. It literally fails to work on half your healing so that 6% chance only gives you a 3% boost. Then pick up either of the others (probably 5% haste, instant tank bomb for 10 mans), take the 5% haste on your gear you had set aside for haste breakpoints and get yourself 3.5% more crit or 10.5% more deep healing.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I think it can duplicate HR individual ticks, but I have not bothered to sit and test that. AS and even EM are more useful for healing.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 08:10 AMPosted by Korghal
I think it can duplicate HR individual ticks, but I have not bothered to sit and test that. AS and even EM are more useful for healing.

Pretty sure that EM is going to be the clear choice in 5.2, post-buff. Heck, it's close to being the clear choice now due to the bugged haste breakpoints with respect to HTT and HST.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/21/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Vesada
Pretty sure that EM is going to be the clear choice in 5.2

It was when it was a 60 sec cd but they upped it to 90 which still makes it iffy.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Sadiemay
Pretty sure that EM is going to be the clear choice in 5.2

It was when it was a 60 sec cd but they upped it to 90 which still makes it iffy.

I kind of assumed that it would be nerfed anyway, as a 1 min cooldown on such a strong ability seemed a little OP.

IMO, EM already pulls ahead of AS for Resto anyway due to the bugged haste breakpoints of healing totems. You can't reliably get extra ticks, which just diminishes the overall value of haste for Resto.

Plus, EM is great for any fight with predictable damage spikes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]