Wheres the nerf for shaman regen?

60 Night Elf Rogue
With all the hue and crying over the nerf to discipline priests, which I agree, a tweek to their setup was definately needed, there is no single complaint or outcry over the unlimited mana shaman seem to bring to a raid. Ive watched shaman truck through healing without any concern to spell choices and their mana goes nowhere. The only healer ending a fight with tons of mana. Prior to Discipline priests getting bump with Spirit Shell, shaman were dominating the meters and will almost definately be back after the priest nerf.

Yet again, the nearly unlimited mana they bring is acceptable?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
o_O
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
What meters and can you cite your sources?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

(bewildered kaels face)
Reply Quote
Ummm... what?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/20/2013 06:31 PMPosted by Tiriél
o_O
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
With regards to discipline mana, you realize the rapture nerf is the equivalent of 1 potion right? Of course your playstyle is changing completely (in a nutshell, power word shielding more for the pre-shields over DA buildup through overhealing), but you brought up mana so... that is what you will see.

So if you wanna nerf shaman mana regen by 1 potion, then.... go ahead?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
With regards to discipline mana, you realize the rapture nerf is the equivalent of 1 potion right? Of course your playstyle is changing completely (in a nutshell, power word shielding more for the pre-shields over DA buildup through overhealing), but you brought up mana so... that is what you will see.

No. No. Do not engage trolls. *bonks* Bad, Shaman. No.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
lol what?
Reply Quote
What is this I don't even
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
To be fair, I do think they need to nerf glyph of totemic recall.

Already its a mandatory glyph as it gives us a good chunk of mana which we wouldn't have access to in any other way.

of course if you spec PE (which a lot of us do) you will find yourself unable to do it as much, but... yeah.

should nerf the glyph so that the mana return depends on how much duration is left on the totem instead of just giving us full mana.

Glyphs shouldn't be mandatory. This is.

But I would probably expect some sort of buff to resurgence (maybe not complete compensation, but there should be something) if that was the case, especially since next tier feels like we will go back to using a lot more single targets.

But ya I shoulda realized this guy was a troll

No. No. Do not engage trolls. *bonks* Bad, Shaman. No.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
drugs are bad mmkay.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/20/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Harpoa
drugs are bad mmkay.

Are you suuuuure?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I like to think Im just good at knowing what spells to use in order to conserve mana the whole fight, and only use mana tide or lightning bolt when I have some kind of healing going out. Its called being smart, not OP.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
With all the hue and crying over the nerf to discipline priests, which I agree, a tweek to their setup was definately needed, there is no single complaint or outcry over the unlimited mana shaman seem to bring to a raid. Ive watched shaman truck through healing without any concern to spell choices and their mana goes nowhere. The only healer ending a fight with tons of mana. Prior to Discipline priests getting bump with Spirit Shell, shaman were dominating the meters and will almost definately be back after the priest nerf.

Yet again, the nearly unlimited mana they bring is acceptable?

Don't get me nerfed bro...

A smart healer knows how to manage their mana.
Edited by Jujubiju on 1/20/2013 9:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
15 Human Mage
Maybe they're using the firelands (?) 2 set bonus and blanketing riptide ! Except that would gimp their stats and I don't think the return even covers the cost of the riptides... So probably just trolling.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/21/2013 11:41 AMPosted by Irate
Maybe they're using the firelands (?) 2 set bonus and blanketing riptide ! Except that would gimp their stats and I don't think the return even covers the cost of the riptides... So probably just trolling.

Actually...that is an interesting thought...a 2 piece isn't a huge nerf. On average, every Riptide would restore 3.6% of your mana, and Riptide only costs 3.2%...

(contemplates)

(decides it isn't worth dragging people to FL to help me find out)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Didn't they nerf all the Fireland bonuses that returned mana % some time ago? I recall the priest one getting nerfed as people were taking it for the buff mana from PoM.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]