The 5.2 blog is tricking most people

90 Human Paladin
into believing PvP will suddenly be about skill instead of gear

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6297383927?page=21#419

The new Elite armor will no longer be just a cosmetic difference. It will also be higher ilvl.

So what they have done is removed the rating requirements but doubled the number of conquest points it's going to take to get a full elite set. It will probably take 54,000 CP. That's 30 weeks at 1800/week.

So unless the seasons are going to be 8 months or longer so everyone can get a full elite set, the gear disparity will remain.

Edited link so it takes you directly to the blue response that says the Elite armor will be higher ilvl
Edited by Kaeloth on 1/21/2013 7:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Don't forget that 5.3 won't end the season and will bring back the item upgrade NPC.

I made my own post here.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7708811424

There doesn't need to be higher ilevel gear if the only barrier to getting it is farming every week.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
01/21/2013 06:54 PMPosted by Kaeloth
The new Elite armor will no longer be just a cosmetic difference. It will also be higher ilvl.

WHere was this said?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/21/2013 07:08 PMPosted by Yolololol
This encourages rbg not arena...what the !@#$

That is correct.

A 2250 rated RBG players will earn 3600 points each week. That is double minimum of 1800.

So instead of win trading to a get 2200 for a T2 weapon now. They can just win trade to get a full set of elite(higher ilvl) gear much faster than everyone else.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
That's strange, Blizzard was replying to a lot of posts about how they agreed there needed to be less of a gear difference in PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/21/2013 07:18 PMPosted by Stormspellz

WHere was this said?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6297383927?page=21#419
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I see it now and typical blizz 1 step forward 2 step back
Reply Quote
17 Human Warlock
swag
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Blizzard #1 pvp balancer u.s.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/21/2013 07:23 PMPosted by Avyris
That's strange, Blizzard was replying to a lot of posts about how they agreed there needed to be less of a gear difference in PvP.

The new system may provide "less" of a gear difference, but it's still there and could be even larger than before depending on the ilvl difference between tyrannical and elite tyrannical armor.

So WoW PvP will still be the only competitive game where your direct opponents have better equipent than you because they were more highly ranked.

I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up about these changes.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
SERIOUSLY!? So we have to buy TWO SETS of gear? 1 non elite set and then the elite set. Wow... I couldnt believe it could be worse than upgrades but I am mistaken. How is this possibly alt friendly? Buying two sets of gear is INSANE.

edit--

PLEASE this must be bumped. Getting one set is long enough let alone two!!!!!!!
Edited by Lîlwayne on 1/21/2013 10:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight

The new system may provide "less" of a gear difference, but it's still there and could be even larger than before depending on the ilvl difference between tyrannical and elite tyrannical armor.

So WoW PvP will still be the only competitive game where your direct opponents have better equipent than you because they were more highly ranked.

I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up about these changes.

ilvl wont be that huge given the extra tier added. Also the change was meant so that everyone can get elite gear given enough time. Instead of hitting a wall and getting face rolled before they even got their T2.

And you only need 27k earned for the season not 27k for regular and 27k for elite. Regular is available right away with the previous season's gear being up for honor and then elite conquest set available after 27k conquest is earned.

The key difference is that you CAN get the elite gear, where as previously you would hit a wall and get faced rolled by those who got it already at the start of the season. Near the end of the season almost everyone will have the elite set thus making it an even playing field.

Sure you can still win trade for elite gear faster but now everyone can get it. That and you won't be able sit on your rating and win trading constantly puts you in eve more danger of a ban, so yea, all net positives in my book.
Edited by Èverfrost on 1/21/2013 10:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
The idiots were tricked, anyone who knows basic reading comprehension knew this from the start
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
SERIOUSLY!? So we have to buy TWO SETS of gear? 1 non elite set and then the elite set. Wow... I couldnt believe it could be worse than upgrades but I am mistaken. How is this possibly alt friendly? Buying two sets of gear is INSANE.

edit--

PLEASE this must be bumped. Getting one set is long enough let alone two!!!!!!!

Nope only need 27k earned for the season to buy the elite gear, regular is available right away. The OP is wrong in saying you need 54k for both sets.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They should consider the cost and requirement. 2-3 month is more then enough delay. 5+ months is kind of ridiculous.

I'm not entirely convinced the loss of pvp power is worth it though if they are concerned about pve gear.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The first piece of elite gear you'll be able to buy is probably going to the elite weapon. Which is the most important piece... also rating inflation will cause everyone to gain CP faster. If you're a modest PvPer you'll be able to make 2.2-2.4k conquest points per week.
At that rate it'll take you 11 weeks per gear tier.

Depending on how drastic their inflation rate is, it could be much shorter.

And finally, this means that people who grind out a high rating in the first week, then sit. Will come back and find that lesser-skilled players have had their rating inflated above them. Furthermore, they'll be behind in gear. So the consequence of inactivity will be a modest gear wall.
Given equal skill, the team which played through the whole season will end up at a higher rating.
Whereas right now, given equal skill, the team which started sooner ends up at a higher rating.

I think all of that is pretty good. It's better than the system we have in place now... and probably better than it's been in most seasons.
Edited by Clay on 1/21/2013 11:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I still think it should start with honor gear and end with conquest gear. This isnt pve we arent looking to grind our gear up and progress as our gear gets better. We want an equal field as soon and quick as possible.

Taking away t2 advantages was smart, but taking away cosmetic t2 from the other players was not. Blizzard made a change before asking thier playerbase about it once more. Thought they would get good results and got shafted. One day they will learn to discuss thier ideas before using them........probably not tho
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]