The 5.2 blog is tricking most people

94 Tauren Druid

It's important to keep in mind not just that it's "better," but also "by how much."
At the start of the season, Conquest gear will be 12-13 ilvls ahead of honor gear.
At the end of the season, Conquest gear will be 12-13 ilvls ahead of honor gear.
You should *rarely* be competing against a larger ilvl gap.

Compared with what we have now: 25-33

You forget about elite?

Nah
Mal -> Tyr (first half of the season) will be 12ish
Tyr -> Elite Tyr (2nd half of season) will be 12ish
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/22/2013 01:18 PMPosted by Santee
they said the elite 'gear' is only a few ilevel increase (prob same gap from normal to upgraded in current 5.1) , if you are losing just to blame a few ilevel difference than most likely it is your own l2p issue

Do you think the highest ranked chess players should get extra pieces?

They are going to win anyway so what's it matter, right?
Reply Quote
LFG RBGs pst @ Dubuilly#1605
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Warlock
01/22/2013 06:19 PMPosted by Kaeloth
they said the elite 'gear' is only a few ilevel increase (prob same gap from normal to upgraded in current 5.1) , if you are losing just to blame a few ilevel difference than most likely it is your own l2p issue

Do you think the highest ranked chess players should get extra pieces?

They are going to win anyway so what's it matter, right?

you are making this whole elite gear such a big deal while blizzard already listened and loosening up pvp gear much MUCH easier to get coming 5.2 . Yet you are still yapping and crying about few ilvl differences

1800/wk for 30 wks? i'm sorry if you cannot break 1500 for an entire season it is seriously your own l2p issue.

ps your chess analogy doesn't even make any sense , this is a fkin gearing and character progression mmo.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
So, reading through this thread, it seems that you guys are worried that the gear grind has grown a lot longer, and that we’ve actually widened the power gap. There are more details to come in the future, but in the meantime there are a few important things that you should know and keep in mind as we continue this discussion:

• There are no Elite bracers, cloaks, rings, amulets or trinkets. The cost of getting all pieces of Elite gear should end up being about 17,250 Conquest Points.
  • Item level is only part of the picture. We were more generous with PvP Power and Resilience on the Honor gear.
  • The item level gap between Tyrannical items and Elite Tyrannical items is relatively small.
  • It's not relevant to 5.2, but we understand that the Item Upgrade system on Conquest gear made a long gear grind even longer. We don’t mind that it takes some time to get awesome stuff, but we also recognize the problems that this presents too, and we’re definitely giving thought to solutions.
Edited by Daxxarri on 1/23/2013 5:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Thanks for the further clarification.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
So, reading through this thread, it seems that you guys are worried that the gear grind has grown a lot longer, and that we’ve actually widened the power gap. There are more details to come in the future, but in the meantime there are a few important things that you should know and keep in mind as we continue this discussion:

• There are no Elite bracers, cloaks, rings, amulets or trinkets. The cost of getting all pieces of Elite gear should end up being about 17,250 Conquest Points.
  • Item level is only part of the picture. We were more generous with PvP Power and Resilience on the Honor gear.
  • The item level gap between Tyrannical items and Elite Tyrannical items is relatively small.
  • It's not relevant to 5.2, but we understand that the Item Upgrade system on Conquest gear made a long gear grind even longer. We don’t mind that it takes some time to get awesome stuff, but we also recognize the problems that this presents too, and we’re definitely giving thought to solutions.

respectively we have heard
The item level gap between Tyrannical items and Elite Tyrannical items is relatively small
in similar situations before when it was anything but.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I get the feeling the Elite will be 501 or so. Just low enough that you can't use the PvE metas in them. Could very easily be wrong, though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

It's not relevant to 5.2, but we understand that the Item Upgrade system on Conquest gear made a long gear grind even longer. We don’t mind that it takes some time to get awesome stuff, but we also recognize the problems that this presents too, and we’re definitely giving thought to solutions.

How about giving Valor Points an adaptive change to Conquest Points, so that we may exchange either 750 Conquest or 1000 Valor points to upgrade said pvp item, while being able to use 750 Valor or 1000 Conquest points to upgrade a pve piece of gear? Players who do both PvP and PvE content may have an unfair advantage over players that only do PvE or players who only do PvP content, as far as getting upgrades faster. This could be balanced out by limiting the amount of items upgrade-able per week.

Another possibility would be lowering the Conquest point requirement to upgrade items, while still limiting the amount of items upgrade-able per week.
Edited by Omniqt on 1/23/2013 6:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

I have one of the higher point caps out there, and I just now got 45k conquest points for the season. I don't think this is enough to make this less of a grind.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
[/quote]

I have one of the higher point caps out there, and I just now got 45k conquest points for the season. I don't think this is enough to make this less of a grind.[/quote]

I kind of like this new system.. If you are never really done gearing up, you always have a reason to keep playing. The system is the same for everyone, so everyone is in the same place. All the high level players will be further along on their gearing, however, they will still have value for their points AND they will have many more points to spend due to the inflation.

I like their "solution" to the problem
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
01/23/2013 05:54 PMPosted by Daxxarri
There are no Elite bracers, cloaks, rings, amulets or trinkets. The cost of getting all pieces of Elite gear should end up being about 17,250 Conquest Points.

It's still too much.

27,000+17,250+22,500/24,000 = 66,750/68,250 (2H vs. MH/OH upgrades) We'll average to 67500.

67,500 / 1800 cap = 37.5 weeks.
2200 cap = 30.7 weeks.
3000 cap (~2400 arena, ~1900 RBG) = 22.5 weeks.
3500 cap (~2200 RBGs) = 19.3 weeks.

20 weeks is 4-5 months. February will be the 4th month of Season 12. Are seasons going to last half a year now?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
01/21/2013 07:08 PMPosted by Yolololol
This encourages rbg not arena...what the !@#$

Do you mean like random bgs? Because, I'm totally okay with this. lol
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
There are no Elite bracers, cloaks, rings, amulets or trinkets. The cost of getting all pieces of Elite gear should end up being about 17,250 Conquest Points.

It's still too much.

27,000+17,250+22,500/24,000 = 66,750/68,250 (2H vs. MH/OH upgrades) We'll average to 67500.

67,500 / 1800 cap = 37.5 weeks.
2200 cap = 30.7 weeks.
3000 cap (~2400 arena, ~1900 RBG) = 22.5 weeks.
3500 cap (~2200 RBGs) = 19.3 weeks.

20 weeks is 4-5 months. February will be the 4th month of Season 12. Are seasons going to last half a year now?

Where are you getting the extra 23k from?

If the original conq set is 27k and the elite upgrades are 17,500, that's 44,500 conq.

The upgrade vendor is being taken out for 5.2 so I don't see why you would factor in upgrading gear.

I guess it depends how quick they decide to put the upgrade NPC back in.
Edited by Zildjian on 1/23/2013 6:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Blizzard,

With all due respect, you really need to lower the conquest pt cost of items compared to live. By a lot, I think.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
01/23/2013 05:54 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Item level is only part of the picture. We were more generous with PvP Power and Resilience on the Honor gear.

I thought that the amount of all stats on items was a function of ilvl, and weren't customized from item to item, is this not the case?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

I kind of like this new system.. If you are never really done gearing up, you always have a reason to keep playing. The system is the same for everyone, so everyone is in the same place. All the high level players will be further along on their gearing, however, they will still have value for their points AND they will have many more points to spend due to the inflation.

I like their "solution" to the problem

Most top level PvPers don't like it because of those reasons. We want a fair game where everyone has the same gear. While it is fun to occasionally one shot someone with a Chaos Bolt or a Frost Bomb, there is no competition in that. With Elite gear requiring additional conquest points and providing a boost to all stats, we're going to see more of what we saw this season.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

I have an idea: stop applying pve principles to pvp.

There, problem solved.

There should never be a gear disparity in pvp.
Edited by Swampdonkeys on 1/23/2013 7:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Rogue
Just my 2 cents, from someone who hasn't done much PVP yet...but am planning to. (too many alts and not enough wow hours in the day)

As with the rest of the theme for MoP, the 5.2 change while good or great for new players or single character players who are getting into PVP late, it's another matter completely when it comes to gearing alts.

I enjoyed PVPing on a healer and two melee alts in the last half of Cata. Theoretically I would like to do the same in MoP. One of the things that worked in my favor for Cata though was the lack of PVE content, which gave me the extra time to do more end game content on more characters. MoP fixes a lot of what failed for single character players in the last couple expansion, but does so at the expense of those of us who found the fun of playing a diverse field of alts.

I don't have all the answers to fix this. I have a couple friends who have always been single character players, so I can appreciate what MoP does for them. Would just be nice if Blizzard could make more strides in helping those of us who enjoy playing an army of alts a quicker means of catching up on them (x2 rep was a good step in the right direction, btw)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]