Which tank have you had the most fun playing?

90 Goblin Shaman
Whats up guys, With the new talents I havent had time trying out my 3 different tanks. (warrior, DK and Pally)

What have you guys had more fun playing so far?

Im in a toss up between my Warrior and DK that id like to play this expansion. I see all the threads saying "all tanks are fine" im just looking for something fun this go around
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
<That one.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Warrior, by far! A completely refreshing experience to the game. Mobility is mega fun. Heroic leap, charge, intervene.

Game play is engaging, lots of cds, abilites, procs. There is a general "rotation" if you will, but its more of a priority. With all the procs we have you never know what your going to be pressing next.

EDIT: Recognized your guild name, ran a few pugs with some members of ur guild last night. If you roll a war and have any questions in game give me a holler.
Edited by Fortified on 1/23/2013 11:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Probably my paladin, although he's only lvl 50. It plays like an enhancement shaman (pre-Wind Shear nerf), my all-time favorite playstyle. The best of both worlds.
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Warrior
After playing my paladin, my death knight, my druid and my warrior post-MoP release, I can honestly say I can't tank on anything but my monk.

Everything else is too sluggish.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
<Monk

Perhaps it's b/c I haven't "mastered" it yet. The rest get boring to quick for me.

then the Warrior and Druid then the DK's for old world content reasons.

And pallies...I hate pallies

Also this
Everything else is too sluggish.
Edited by Verjeh on 1/23/2013 12:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Warrior or Paladin for me. Warriors have such good control, and take such little damage with no spiking. Paladins are just fun...I don't know.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I like my paladin, but it feels like EZ-Mode tanking. Leveling a DK now (lvl 83) alliance side, and it's not nearly as fun as my pal, or my old horde warrior on a server i don't play anymore. Just feels sluggish, like I'm always waiting on runes to regenerate, and I feel slower than everyone around me.

Think I'll start another war soon!
Edited by Fehru on 1/23/2013 5:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
This one.

I'm immortal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Warrior and monk

dk is just so boring to me that I deleted mine 2 days ago and am making a new one probably for pvp
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Go bear or go home. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just finished this toon and he is cool, even though i love my pally im going to have to say blood dk is so much fun, being able to grip multiple targets and being the class mitigating damage before it was cool..ya dks get the vote..id have to say for cool factor though give it to druids i mean: YOU'RE A FREAKING BEAR
Monk im not too sure on, ive played the class its called a sith assassin in TOR pure avoidance tanking altho i may give it a chance
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have tanked on a paladin, bear (most experience) and DK end game. I have tanked on a warrior just for lulz at times.

However, monk takes them all behind the woodshed and kicks the crap out of em. I haven't touched any other character since MoP was released.
Edited by Chuin on 1/24/2013 4:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
In the past warriors were the most fun tank i ever played, but times have changed, havent played one since cata.

Druids are really solid right now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
1) My warrior
2) My dk
3) My dr00d.

I don't have a pally tank or monkey tank.

My dr00d is the most amusing, but it's annoying to have no aoe stun and no aoe silence. Disorienting roar seems to not be NEARLY as reliable as shockwave & remorseless winter.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
If i knew how to tank on my monk decently (so many buttons.. so many .. ).. it would be more fun then my paladin..
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I have had the most fun playing a warrior.

My current main though is a guardian druid, love hearing how easy I am to heal (25% magic damage reduction) and beating dps and some healers on the charts occasionally.

Wish I had some of my monks abilities though...spamming SCK for AoE instead of swiping every 3 seconds, leg sweep for stuns, provoke for speeding up the boss, and clash for more stuns.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Monk by far.
I've played all of the tank classes at some point (Druid in Wrath, Paladin/DK/Warrior in Cata)
I did like Warrior tanking during Cata, but none of them are as fun as my monk.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I personally like the finesse of DK tanking, though the rotation is simple there's a sense of timing and strategy to it that I enjoy. Having played all the tanking classes, however, they all have their nice points about them. Of the two you listed, I like warriors for the amazing amount of mobility and utility they bring. Though people sometimes characterize warriors as brutish, there's really a lot of thought required to play the class to it's maximum potential. Paladins are interesting as well because of the amount of raid wide utility they bring. Not to mention that they benefit from stats like haste so there's also an interesting element with Pallies in the realm of stat choices and gearing strategies. I guess it depends on what you find 'fun.'
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
It used to be my warrior, by far. But I just hate the new rage bucket system.

Nowadays it's my DK. I love the fact that he's a soloing machine, has high DPS, high survivability, and has escapes from most CC moves that mobs or bosses can throw down.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]