Twilight with Zombies?

90 Worgen Death Knight
I saw this on TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ3ZwtyKs_o

MY GOD First you ruin Vamps and Wherewolves NOW ZOMBIES!!

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMMING TO!!!
Edited by Dàrkàn on 1/23/2013 6:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Last I looked at this movie it's supposed to be more of a comedy. I had the knee jerk "wtf twilight" reaction too but I saw a commercial for it and it didn't seem that horrendously god awful.

Although if in a few years women are exhibiting signs of *wow I cant say that word. Odd. "corpse lovin' then" * then we have the reason why. It's creepy enough with Twilight.
Edited by Rosenivy on 1/23/2013 6:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that the well, I'll say it, !@#$%^-*!ia themes were disturbing. I understand that he turns human again because of their love, but still. They fall in love while he's dead. More than a bit creepy. (Don't get me started on the abusive relationships in Twilight. Edwards her boyfriend, not her dad.)
While I love my YA fiction, this is just a bit creepy. Not that I have much room to talk, I mean Mortal Instruments has incest themes in the first book, but A: They fall in love before the bomb is dropped B: The evil dude lied to them about this to screw with them, so C: It's not actually incest. (Sorry, I had to explain why I thought this was creepy and not MI)
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
I think you guys are overthinking this movie. I could be wrong, but it looks more like a Zombieland type comedy than a straight up love story.

Plus I wouldn't go by just what a trailer shows; there have been more than a few trailers that made a movie look completely different than what the movie actually was.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Nunepi
I could be wrong, but it looks more like a Zombieland type comedy than a straight up love story.
If you look at book reviews, it's pretty much a straight up love story.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
01/23/2013 06:55 PMPosted by Xhuna
If you look at book reviews, it's pretty much a straight up love story.

That may be true, I have never heard of the book, but this wouldn't be the first time a movie has steered away from it's source material 8)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I think it looks hilarious, its def being marketed as a comedy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The commercials make it look like a comedy. I really, really hope it's a comedy.

I don't want zombies ruined for me too. :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
The commercials make it look like a comedy. I really, really hope it's a comedy.

Zombies have already been overplayed and touched upon to death. No pun intended.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/24/2013 08:53 AMPosted by Rosenivy
Zombies have already been overplayed and touched upon to death. No pun intended.

I'm ok with the overplaying because I still love them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
The book is really good. It takes a few jabs at the Twilight inspired supernatural romance genre, but it's also a satire of social behavior and relationships. Not to mention, the zombies are described as looking like actual zombies (i.e. rotting corpses), not just people with some skin discoloration.

The movie, however, just looks like a jab at Twilight. I'd prefer it if we just forgot the series entirely and moved on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
01/24/2013 09:07 AMPosted by Killercaitie
I'm ok with the overplaying because I still love them.

I wish I could say the same for Vampires. I have Vampire OCs that I love to pieces yet I can't really do anything with them now without people going "TWILIGHT BANDWAGON!"

:( Mines more of a spoof of Dante from Devil May Cry. I use him to make fun of Gary Stu stereotypes.

I'm still miffed that when Near Dark came out on dvd they made the guy on the cover grey with gold eyes. And the girl all submissive. SHES THE VAMPIRE IN THE MOVIE WHAT THE HECK!? You have Bill Paxton and Lance Henriksen as badass wander vampires that has a sub plot romance at best and you twilighted the heck out of the bluray cover! >< Gah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk_ZfUI4oPg Yup. Totally Twilight. *sorry just annoyed*
Edited by Rosenivy on 1/24/2013 9:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
01/23/2013 06:11 PMPosted by Rosenivy
it didn't seem that horrendously god awful

Really? Have you ever seen any zombie movies?

Zombies dont have emotions, Zombies dont have feelings, Zombies are mindless eating machines that eat HUMAN FLESH

THATS WHAT MAKES THEM ZOMBIES!!
Edited by Dàrkàn on 1/26/2013 7:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Really? Have you ever seen any zombie movies>

Zombies dont have emotions, Zombies dont have feelings, Zombies are mindless eating machines that eat HUMAN FLESH

Well neither are vampires and werewolves but those have been butchered. Zombies have been overdone to heck and back. This movie seems more like a spoof/elbow nudge to Twilight or the people involved in that fandom. I won't watch it but I'm not going to rant about it.

I'm more offended by that 3D Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie existing.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
01/24/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Dàrkàn
it didn't seem that horrendously god awful

Really? Have you ever seen any zombie movies>

You know its alright for things to be different.

A zombie is a person who has came back from the dead in such a way that they are "undead". Nothing about that requires them to not have emotions/feelings or be mindless eating machines.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

Sorry, hipsters ruined zombies in 2005 when they went out of their way to promote their flashmob so that they could be on American Idol in zombieface.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
01/24/2013 07:38 PMPosted by Hiroran
A zombie is a person who has came back from the dead in such a way that they are "undead". Nothing about that requires them to not have emotions/feelings or be mindless eating machines.

It's not even the first teenage romantic comedy involving a relationship between a zombie and a human. The first one that came to mind was Night of the Living Dorks, a German film from 2004, but a little digging turned up a handful of others. There were even a couple going back to the 80s, which was when zombie films started getting some traction in the mainstream audience.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/24/2013 10:23 PMPosted by Thequay
Sorry, hipsters ruined zombies in 2005 when they went out of their way to promote their flashmob so that they could be on American Idol in zombieface.

That Ramalama Bang Bang thing?

I actually like that, I think it's a cute dance. I don't watch those shows but back in high school the dance class did it & showed me the video from it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
01/24/2013 11:22 PMPosted by Killercaitie

That Ramalama Bang Bang thing?

I actually like that, I think it's a cute dance. I don't watch those shows but back in high school the dance class did it & showed me the video from it.

That might be something completely different. These people just showed up at the audition chanting "TV rots your braaaiiins". It'd have been awesome if they hadn't spent the five weeks before the audition announcing to anyone and everyone that they were going to do it.

Instead of being a statement on how bad TV has gotten, it wound up being a desperate plea for attention.
Reply Quote
The movie just looks bad IMO.

The preview already showed me everything that's going to be in the movie, and I just don't feel like giving these guys my money simply because they have "zombies" in the movie.
Edited by Southrnrebel on 1/25/2013 12:15 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]