Characters you hate.

90 Draenei Warrior
Ghetsis from Pokemon Black/White Generation. No other leader of any of the other opposing teams in generations past have ever made me legitimately hate them because, like it or not, they were at LEAST honest in their beliefs. Ghetsis, on the other hand, was a total lying manipulative scumbag, manipulating both the general population AND a good portion of Team Plasma into thinking they were doing the world a good thing by separating people from their Pokemon. Pokemon Liberation, as they called it (think "Animal Liberation" ala PETA). In actuality, this was all a ruse so that Ghetsis and Ghetsis alone could wield the power of Pokemon and rule over the Unova Region.

That sort of thing REALLY pissed me off. That and his Hydreigon, but mostly that other stuff.

It was kind of a surprise to me that the whole "pokemon liberation" thing was a huge lie and that he really just wanted to be the only one with pokemon so he could rule Unova, which really made me kind of hate him.

Also, he's not much better in B2/W2. His plan there is to use Kyurem's power to freeze Unova. Really? Freeze Unova? How much would that really accomplish?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Ghetsis from Pokemon Black/White Generation. No other leader of any of the other opposing teams in generations past have ever made me legitimately hate them because, like it or not, they were at LEAST honest in their beliefs. Ghetsis, on the other hand, was a total lying manipulative scumbag, manipulating both the general population AND a good portion of Team Plasma into thinking they were doing the world a good thing by separating people from their Pokemon. Pokemon Liberation, as they called it (think "Animal Liberation" ala PETA). In actuality, this was all a ruse so that Ghetsis and Ghetsis alone could wield the power of Pokemon and rule over the Unova Region.

That sort of thing REALLY pissed me off. That and his Hydreigon, but mostly that other stuff.

It was kind of a surprise to me that the whole "pokemon liberation" thing was a huge lie and that he really just wanted to be the only one with pokemon so he could rule Unova, which really made me kind of hate him.

Also, he's not much better in B2/W2. His plan there is to use Kyurem's power to freeze Unova. Really? Freeze Unova? How much would that really accomplish?

"If I can't have Unova, no one can?" Something like that, maybe?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
That druid from Neverwinter nights 2... OMG rob ONE house (the guys even a thief himself!) and she gets all up in arms.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
01/26/2013 04:34 PMPosted by Osirus
Every character in Final Fantasy X

I find it very, very, VERY difficult that you hated Auron. Every other character, I could understand, but not Auron. I mean, he's Auron. What else is there to say?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Every character in FFXII not named Balthier.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

I also DESPISE, I mean LOATHE, Charles Lee from AC3. Oh my GOD! Not only is he a total jerk through the entire game, but I think he's also gay. No offense to gays, but there was this one scene where he got all mopey. Like, "He sent me away, that day... at Fort George. He feared for my safety. I never should have left his side. And now he's dead!" It just pisses me off, how he says the whole thing. It's so icky.

That is actually really offensive
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
Sorry... I'm not trying to be offensive... it's just he gets so MOPEY about it. I'll go delete it right now.

Oh it died already. Again, sorry, not my intention, please don't get me banned or something!
Edited by Srdotsalot on 1/27/2013 6:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
58 Night Elf Death Knight
01/26/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Rivakah
That druid from Neverwinter nights 2... OMG rob ONE house (the guys even a thief himself!) and she gets all up in arms.

Elanee, she is a freakin shrew - nothing like how I envision a druid's personality to be. I nicknamed her Big Pig. It sounds mean but she was always blocking doorways.
Reply Quote
Vrook Lamar from KotOR, both games.

He's the only one of the 3 masters from TSL I hate. I love Kavar, and I kinda feel bad for Zez-Kai Ell, but Vrook? I hate him. He's generally just an a**hole, he's arrogant, and even when he's "nice" with you, it's in a condecending sort of way.

The only reason I never kill him is because I'm usually pure Light Side.
Edited by Aeliren on 1/30/2013 3:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Lara Croft

"Check out my b00biez"
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
And lets not forget Nathan Drake, arrogant !@#$, although I do like Uncharted.

I also hated Cortana (spoiler alert) but I felt really bad when she died at the end of Halo 4 and you can see tears running down Master Chief's visor, such a sad ending but I loved it.

And Zelda from Skyward Sword. They tried to get you connected to her but Jesus Christ I wasn't.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

Maybe, but still, freezing Unova? Why that of all things?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
01/27/2013 08:38 PMPosted by Givemepizza

Maybe, but still, freezing Unova? Why that of all things?

He's half crazy from his defeat by the protagonist of 1, I doubt he was thinking of anything but what he was thinking of.

Hell, his second defeat in B/W 2 shatters his mind so much it leaves him a vegetable according to the developers.

I tend to hate any character who is/is based off of a knight templar, even if they're supposed to be the good guy, their way of interpreting "justice" as "I can do what I want because the world knows I'm in the right." ticks me off. In fact, back when I played Rift I outright refused to even play a guardian because the defiant storyline painted them as a group of genocidal, honor-before-logic and a hair's-breadth-away-from-insanity racists.

That said I didn't mind Kormac from D3 once it came to light the templars he served were a lie, and he sincerely wanted to actually make them what they claimed to be.
Edited by Reshuv on 1/28/2013 4:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
Sephiroth. Masamune is wrongly used on his sword. He killed Aerith, leaving my party underleveled and without a healer. And also how over the years he became a joke. He lives in the shadow of Angeal, Genesis and Zack.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Logan Thackeray in GW2.

No sense of responsibility to his team, abandoning them at a vital moment in their quest because he's whipped. The basic outline I could have lived with (though it was a bit contrived), but it was not written well (in the book or the game). Granted, I haven't finished the personal story in game, but I doubt my feelings will change.
Edited by Fahzhi on 1/28/2013 10:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
01/28/2013 05:07 AMPosted by Irøh
Sephiroth.

I can get behind this one, and I've never touched a FF game *gasp*.

I hate him just because of all the xXxSephïròthxXx's you run into in every game.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
01/28/2013 10:08 AMPosted by Fahzhi
Sephiroth.

I can get behind this one, and I've never touched a FF game *gasp*.

I hate him just because of all the xXxSephïròthxXx's you run into in every game.

Try working in a game shop back when FF7 was the latest installment and having kids constantly try to interrupt you when you're with a customer so they could talk to someone about how cool they thought he was.

He's the worst villain in the franchise in my opinion. Yes, worse even than Seymour from FF10, who was awful. HIs justification for morphing into a world-destroying sociopath was laughably flimsy. He's an easygoing mentor to upcoming military officers until one day, he finds an old book that tells him he's been genetically spliced with an extraterrestrial threat, and out of nowhere he decides he has to burn the world.

Seriously, it was like a D-grade comic book supervillians origin story invaded Final Fantasy and its fanbase lost all reason.
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Shaman
Lloyd Irving, followed closely by every other character in Tales of Symphonia.
Edited by Nahusha on 1/28/2013 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]