Characters you hate.

90 Undead Warlock
Carth from KOTOR and every NPC in GW2
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Paladin
Every character in Final Fantasy X

I find it very, very, VERY difficult that you hated Auron. Every other character, I could understand, but not Auron. I mean, he's Auron. What else is there to say?

Not a lot to hate about Khimari either...He actually comes off as a minor character, with as little as he speaks.

Also, Delita from FF Tactics. *spoilers* He was a bastard after he swapped sides on you AND he ends up being credited as a hero at the end because of what you do, although he is trying to stop you the whole damn time
Edited by Yongsa on 1/28/2013 11:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

I find it very, very, VERY difficult that you hated Auron. Every other character, I could understand, but not Auron. I mean, he's Auron. What else is there to say?

Not a lot to hate about Khimari either...He actually comes off as a minor character, with as little as he speaks.

Also, Delita from FF Tactics. *spoilers* He was a bastard after he swapped sides on you AND he ends up being credited as a hero at the end because of what you do, although he is trying to stop you the whole damn time

To be fair about Delita, you could at LEAST sympathize with him. I mean, the guy went through hell with what the nobility did to him, and I honestly believe that, in the beginning, he wanted to change Ivalice for the better. But, as the saying goes, "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

He bit off more than he could chew and, inevitably, he suffered for it.
Edited by Yinian on 1/29/2013 9:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
To be fair about Delita, you could at LEAST sympathize with him. I mean, the guy went through hell with what the nobility did to him, and I honestly believe that, in the beginning, he wanted to change Ivalice for the better. But, as the saying goes, "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

He bit off more than he could chew and, inevitably, he suffered for it.

I always thought Delita was a very good character. Hell, nearly every character in FF Tactics was very well developed.

It's just a shame that he was so useless and took up a spot on story battles when you had him.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Dorn B'dynn in North Ro, original everquest
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Squall
Rinoa
Yufie
Vanille
Jecht
Seifer
Sephiroth

And every single character from Kingdom Hearts....
Edited by Sylwanin on 1/31/2013 12:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
Squall
Rinoa
Yufie
Vanille
Jecht
Seifer
Sephiroth

And every single character from Kingdom Hearts....

I quite like the main BBS cast, as well as Roxas. If anything, Aqua embodies what I considered to be the perfect female specimen. Of course, King Mickey was awesome too.
Reply Quote
11 Blood Elf Rogue
sephiroth had a bad azz super move tho lol

http://youtu.be/InNHB9J0eqs
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I have never Loathed a character more than Squall from FF8. Actually most of the cast of that game, but especially him, ruined the entire thing for me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Juju from Xenoblade Chronicles just really, really got on my nerves and annoyed me. He was just a kid, it's true, but his extreme stupidity was just.. what the hell are you doing. Not to mention worrying his poor sister like that, and so knowingly. I think it's just how outright stupid half the crap he did was. I understand that yes, he's a kid and yes, he gets better; but christ, kid. Listen to your sister and STOP NEARLY GETTING YOURSELF KILLED. Though, it was pretty well-done for a kid who'd been through what he had been; it doesn't make him more likeable. (On the other hand I loved loved LOVED Melia~)

The rival Hunter in the original Monster Hunter pissed me off because of how damn jerkish he was. Just like... buzz off. Seriously.

Silva from Pokemon Colosseum. Same issue as Juju for me really; stupid kid who made stupid choices that got him in STUPID issues. No, kid, it's a GREAT idea to go storming into Cipher's Shadow Pokemon base and declare you're going to stop them, despite not having ANY POKEMON YOURSELF. WONDERFUL. And then do the SAME THING LATER and get thrown in a makeshift cell.

Logan Thackeray in GW2.

No sense of responsibility to his team, abandoning them at a vital moment in their quest because he's whipped. The basic outline I could have lived with (though it was a bit contrived), but it was not written well (in the book or the game). Granted, I haven't finished the personal story in game, but I doubt my feelings will change.

This is a big one for me. It was handled so horribly that it was just pathetic. It left another Elder Dragon free to roam and destroy, and even after finishing the Personal Story (which I found a bit lacking all together after 60~ish), I still dislike him. Of course, I play a Charr mainly so... It's not like I saw a ton of him.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
343 Guilty Spark. (the flying forerunner ball guy) from the Halo series.

!@#$ that guy.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Genesis from the Final Fantasy VII Compilation.

He just shows up out of nowhere in Crisis Core and is BFFsies with some of the most important characters in the series, spouts pretentious poetry at every given opportunity, is magically inserted into some of the most important scenes in FFVII's backstory, and is backed by the Goddess of the whole damn planet. Not to mention the fact that he's modeled after a pop star; Seriously, if I didn't know any better, I would just assume that Genesis was the crappy OC a 13 year old made for their bad fanfic.

Not to mention, when Square-Enix does the inevitable FFVII remake, they're gonna have to shoe-horn the jackass in and kill that game's story too.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
01/28/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Nahusha
Lloyd Irving, followed closely by every other character in Tales of Symphonia.

*Smashes your face in*
Oh wait, that was quality punching you in the face. Guess you wouldn't know it.

Anyways...
Archbishop Manfroy (Fire Emblem: "Ribald Tales of the Faith War" (Really NoA? Really? Couldn't keep the "Genealogy of the Holy War" or "Lineage of the Crusade" monikers? Hell, "Descendants of Jihad" is better than that.))
Alright, something is wrong with you if you -don't- hate this man. Sure, it's Cygun's fault that nearly everything he does is possible (Because that stupid woman couldn't keep her legs closed. Bad woman. Bad! You have a religious covenant to keep. You're bound to have only 1 child, and yet you -had- to have two. And it was a Boy and Girl too!... actually, I'll get to that.)
Manfroy... is part of a cult that worships a Dark Dragon God (FE verse... most Gods are dragons. Few are actually gods. There's a few (Duma (C'Thun the Dragon), Milla (I'm a fair maiden... in a sword!), Ashunera (Ashera/Yune) and Grima) but most are just dragons (Even though Duma and Grima have the appearance of Dragons, they're actually gods.))... said Dark Dragon God... eats children, and requires regular bloody sacrifices... of children (yeah, not even kidding. You see this unfold right in front of you during FE4)... Sure said cult is persecuted (A Granvallian finds you? BURNED AT THE STAKE.) but the reasons are obvious. (As a note, most members of said cult are Dark Mages. Dark Magic in FE does downright HORRIFIC things to its victims.... *cough*Fenrir*cough* (Note: Fenrir dissolves the insides of its victims-- causing the victim to cough up black, acidic blood... and there's worse than that...) Manfroy is no exception.) His wish: to see the revival of said dark god, which requires a special vessel...
During the era before FE4 (And thus WAY before FE1/11/2/3/12 and WAY THE HELL before Awakening) the Crusaders formed pacts with Dragon Gods to gain power... Loptousu's power was gotten similarly (although it was bringing mages and warlocks and priests to kill warriors and hunters that won the initial battle)... so thanks to Maira's rebellion, one of Loptousu's bloodline survived... However, his blood was only "Minor Lopt", destined to fade away in time. However, if two persons of "Minor Holy Blood" marry and concieve a child, the child will be born of "Major Holy Blood" and wield the full power of their god- and the Legendary Weapon that goes with it (Major Baldo: Tyrfing, Major Naga: Naga's Ideals, Major Fala(?): Valflame... etc.)... and Lopt Holy Blood is no exception....
And this is what Manfroy preys upon.
Thanks to Cygun being a bit of a skank, (Yes, Victor was an !@# who liked *%#%*%@* and adultery, but he wasn't bound by any religious covenenants not to ever create a scenario where upon a "Major Lopt" child could be born!) it so happened that two children of Cygun were born-- both of "Minor Lopt", a Boy by the name of Alvis Valthome and a woman named Dierdre Valhalla....
And after starting no less than 3 wars that cost countless lives just to distract people (and cause general havoc-- because that's what Lopt Sect people like)... Manfroy gets Alvis to fall hoplessly in love with Deirdre (who had already been taken by Sir Sigurd Calphy...(so Manfroy mind raped her, and left her naked for Alvis to find...))... and then coerced the fall of several nations-- and then ultimately planned the "Battle of Valhalla" (one of the most brutal "player punches" in gaming)... where upon, thanks to Manfoy's manipulation, Alvis shows to Sigurd the fact that he married Deirdre... and then blew him (Sigurd) up with Valflame, and annihilated Sigurd's Army on top of that (BADGUYSWINBADGUYSWINTHEWIPEISCANON)....
Did he get his Dark God, yes, yes he did... the kid (Julius(?) (Watch, NoA will call him Yurius after changing Yuria to Julia and split the two names just to eff with people))... was originally a nice boy, loved by the populace (and in general, Alvis who was given a lot of power as Emperor of Grannvale, was loved-- he ushered in a reign of freedom. He was a righteous noble ruler... but there is a certain scumbag behind him. (Oh, and declaring "Religious Freedom" when there's a religion of evil around? Not Smart.)) along with his sister Julia... but Manfroy brought the young prince his Legendary tome, and manipulated his mind into reading it... which then summoned said Dark God, killing the prince, and sending him into a rage-- "Julius" murdered his mother, and nearly killed his sister too...
Oh, does Manfroy's evil stop there? Nope, although, it'd take far too long to keep going. I will mention he tortures his granddaughter Sara (and murdered her parents simply for the fact that they loved each other), and he delights in watching little kids scream...
But really, his "take the cake" moment was a villain ball grab-- Not only does he successfully nab Julia (who, like her mother, fell for the main character... Deirdre >> Sigurd, Julia >> Seliph (Sigurd/Deirdre's son))... so it looks like it's Ch3 all over again? Nope. He takes her to Julius who'd kill her, but instead, he gets a wonderful idea: Instead of killing her himself (She's got Major Naga holy blood-- she's the wielder of "Naga's Ideals", the one weapon that can counter Julius's "Dark Tome Loptous" (Not to be confused with "Grima's Truth") (A weapon that Halves Damage taken before mitigation. Nothing can do more than 1 damage to him. He has 80 HP, hits like a truck, and regenerates 15 HP a turn. Do the math.)... so for evil to win here, all they need is for lovely Julia to die, die now...) he thinks to get Seliph, her lover, to kill her.... which is easy enough of a plan: Seliph is currently killing everyone in his damn path as he and his god like army is making the elite soldiers of Grannvale drop like flies, so what does he do? Kill her on spot and remove any hope of victory for Seliph? No- he mind controls her and sends her off to kill Seliph and his army.
What a douche.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Umm the memory card guy from animal crossing.

The dojo in majoras mask. Boris in goldeneye
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/30/2013 08:35 AMPosted by Jinjulah
Dorn B'dynn in North Ro, original everquest

Dorn! He was one of my favorite NPCs in EQ in the early days. Anyone that could kill lightbringers with that sort of elan was OK with me.

We used to buff him and give him fine steel weapons every time we transitted the zone. He had a rough job and needed all the help he could get.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Oz
Loghain Mac Tir: I just find it really !@#$ed up what he did to seize power, Abandoned your own king and the Grey Wardens at a major battle. Then put up a bounty on the last two surviving wardens in Ferelden...You more or less wrote your own countries death sentence to the darkspawn

Ashley Williams: Her personality honestly gets on my nerves in the first and second games Not to mention she was next to useless in combat, I actually don't mind her in Mass Effect 3.

Pretty much every ghoul in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas...

Lucien Lachance: I actually laughed when he died and laughed even more when you find out Arquen feasted on his entrails.

Garrosh: Need I explain?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Umm the memory card guy from animal crossing.

I kinda like Rosetti the mole. First time I restarted my system on purpose to see him. The next time I ended up tripping on the cords while playing and reset. I was apologizing to him out-loud for it and trying to tell him it was an accident....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
Genesis from the Final Fantasy VII Compilation.

He just shows up out of nowhere in Crisis Core and is BFFsies with some of the most important characters in the series, spouts pretentious poetry at every given opportunity, is magically inserted into some of the most important scenes in FFVII's backstory, and is backed by the Goddess of the whole damn planet. Not to mention the fact that he's modeled after a pop star; Seriously, if I didn't know any better, I would just assume that Genesis was the crappy OC a 13 year old made for their bad fanfic.

Not to mention, when Square-Enix does the inevitable FFVII remake, they're gonna have to shoe-horn the jackass in and kill that game's story too.

Uh pretty sure he already existed back in Dirge of Cerberus. If anything, Angeal was the one who came out from no where.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
02/06/2013 02:19 AMPosted by Irøh
Uh pretty sure he already existed back in Dirge of Cerberus. If anything, Angeal was the one who came out from no where.

Genesis was hinted at in DoC's secret ending (which was fairly annoying to get because the secret items are out of the way), which foreshadowed his appearance and role in Crisis Core
Edited by Reshuv on 2/6/2013 9:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
King K-Rool from Donkey Kong Country 2...

First of all...That was hard mofo of game to play threw anyway, then you fight King K-Rool at the very end which is stupidly hard and you wind up doing the fight over and over 20 or more times to learn how everything works...Then when you think you've fineally killed King K-Rool and its game over...Like to the point the credits are even rolling and stuff...You breathe a sigh of relife and feel a great sence of accomplishment...Then out of nowhere K-Rool springs up and kills you!!!!....SIKE he's not dead yet...Turn's out he fakes you out half way threw the fight.

That was just pure cruelty on the programmers behalf. But with all that said...I still love that game to death!

And 343 Guilty Spark as mentioned above already.

Hated that little floating ball of asshattery. Attempted to kill it multiple times.

Lastly...Sho Kahn from Mortal Kombat. I mean this dude was hard to fight, but not only was he hard to fight...He would actually stop mid fight to taunt you and laugh at you...What a prick...Great game though.
Edited by Elfis on 2/6/2013 11:25 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]