On February 9th at 4:00 p.m. we will hold the Valenitne's box social at the covered Argent arena. We will furnish transportation to youngsters, but please try to contact us before the event so people furnishing the rides can enjoy it also.
How a box social works:
We alternate between men and women furnishing the lunches. This time it's the guy's turn.
Men put together a picnic lunch and then give a written description of the "container" the lunch is in to the auctioneer. The person making the lunch keeps all the food until after it is sold then they join the winning bidder and have lunch. If you could send the description ahead of time to Gentyl that would be even better. The auctioneer will auction it off and the lucky lady who wins the lunch gets to have a picnic lunch with the man who donated it.
We're doing a couple of things differently this time.
1. Pia is furnishing pets with each lunch. The prices vary, but there will be no rats or cockroaches in the lunches! I'm not going to give a price minimum because the prices fluctuate so wildly, suffice to say we will try to get nice pets for our lunch donors and buyers. I haven't talked to Oskor about the pets, if we can help donate pets to horde, let me know so we can get them transferred before the auction.
Crowelf (Elvenmoon) has generously offered to donate the Sunstone Panther which regularly sells for 25k on the Alliance Auction house. I believe she is also donating a gorgeous gown to match the mount. Please do plan on supporting her efforts. Last time she donated a chopper and we sincerely appreciate her generosity to help rp.
We've had some tremendous donations from Qctavian of Warcraftier for pets to be donated with the lunches. We'll have some moderate value pets also so everyone gets a chance to participate, but if you are a pet collector, this might be a great opportunity.
I will list the pets to be donated and then the auctioneer will random roll. He or she will then match up the pet by number to the lunch. If it's not an exactly match it will match up closest number. Hopefully, this will assuage any hurt feelings about not being matched up with one of the super pets.
The resulting proceeds will be used to promote rp events, donate care packages to newcomers, those who need help, and support other rp guilds with projects. Pia keeps all the proceeds from fund raisers in a separate account just for this purpose.
1. The person furnishing the lunch keeps the lunch items and they are matched with the donor at the conclusion of the auction.
2. Yes, you need to pay for the lunch prior to receiving the item you purchased.
3. Yes, we will get you to the arena and inside it if you give us some advance notice.
4. The maker of the lunch being bid on is kept anonymous. If you want someone in particular to get it you can slip the description to them to make sure they bid on the right lunch.
5. Yes, you can have someone else bid for you if you can't be there.
6. Yes, you can have lunch with the person who made the lunch at another, mutually agreeable time.