<Focus> US 74 (10) -Recruiting for WoD

90 Night Elf Death Knight
02/15/2013 10:10 AMPosted by Applemask
by forgetting that 10 man gets significantly less gear than 25, has a very high chance of gear dropping that no one can equip

Wtb tier shoulders. Or any shoulders for that matter.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Focus guild site is now at, www.focused.guildomatic.com
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Not exactly the best guild Thunderlord has ever seen, let's be honest.

GL in 5.2. I think we'll be right up there with you this time.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage

ehhh, while it's true that focus didn't always finish at the top in every xpac, focus has been number 1 or 2 for pretty much every single content release from bc to now. No other guild really had the consistency and longevity of focus with the exception of MAYBE ... TMM
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
This tier ought to be interesting. Good luck on the server first battle. I'll be watching!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
TMM already pulling ahead with the server first kills.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
We each have on 1 server first kill according to wowprogress.......but who is counting right?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Server kills so far:

Jin'Rocker the breaker:
1st: TMM
2nd: TMIRQ
3rd: Focus

Horrordon:
1st: TMIRQ (day 1)
2nd: TMM (day 1)
3rd: Focus(day 2)

Council of where the !@#$ do I stand?
1st:Focus
2nd: TMM

These kills were literally ten minutes apart, so It seems to be we are very close on the speed. I believe TMM was on day 3 and we were on day 2, but I know TMM is having an off week for attendance or what not so they are not at 100%, or might have missed a day.

Both groups doing well considering how bad the server looked at the end of last tier. No one has pulled ahead yet, hopefully we can have a larger chase for the server first this tier then the 2 horse race last tier. Best of Luck to TMM(not too much though ;) ), as well as TMIRQ( thought you guys might smoke everyone out of the gate that first night tbh).\

Lots of guilds hitting the gear check roadblock on that horridon kill it seems. Hopefully they will adjust the ten man version to make the dps requirement a little easier to overcome without outgearing the level of content we would expect from a 2nd entrance style boss.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Turtle Soup
1st: Focus

Hippie Hydra
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Turtle Soup

Hippie Hydra

Gratz on the kills. At this rate, it's looking like TMM's taking its name too literally.
Edited by Lichnomore on 3/10/2013 11:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Bird mannnnnn is down
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Bah damn spring break making me miss kills.

Bird Man of Trollcatraz
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Nice, grats on the kills guys.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

ehhh, while it's true that focus didn't always finish at the top in every xpac, focus has been number 1 or 2 for pretty much every single content release from bc to now. No other guild really had the consistency and longevity of focus with the exception of MAYBE ... TMM

This server hasn't had a guild that equaled Inquisition.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I was on detheroc for the times of inquisition and didn't get to experience that group. However from the impact they left on the players and the server they must have been a truly great group of players and people.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
In terms of consistency, Inq pretty much crushed from start to finish in vanilla, yes, and the only other guild to even come remotely close in terms of content clearing was Tribute on Ulduar hard modes. No single clearing of one tier on this server will ever rival Inq's vanilla Naxx. There are too many variables now that make the game and your characters easier to manage, and it's literally not possible to go back in time and replicate the feel of Vanilla WoW without pissing off millions of casuals.

But sustained consistency/longevity on this server leaves MUCH to be desired. TMM and Focus have been doing that better than anyone else.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Explains a lot of the near reverence that many players have for inq.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Doromomomom the forgotten, and Primordius both down.

Fun fights, fun night.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
TSOKIN
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
In Inquisition, nearly every boss we ever killed was between top 20 and 30 in the world (Onyxia and Ragnaros were 8th and 15th respectively, but I wasn't a member until Vael in BWL).

In Tribute, we got a few top 100 US kills in Heroic Ulduar: not as good, but top 100 US isn't terrible either.

No other guilds in the history of this server have come close, relatively.

In Inq's case, there were no strategy websites, youtube wasn't around at launch and thottbot was full of useless "HUNTER WEAPON" comments. Completely different game (and internet, for that matter) altogether.

I would love to see Focus get top 100 US this tier. Hoping you guys get your butts in gear and clear the place already so you can bang out heroics next week. It would definitely attract more players to this server, something we need very much.

*edit

Nostalgia Comedy: We had a 1% wipe on Naxx40 Kel'thuzad which would have been world 8th kill. Unfortunately, we didn't kill him until the next week and it was world 32nd. I still have that video and it was from Heratli's point of view.
Edited by Emptronic on 3/15/2013 7:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]