<Focus>

100 Blood Elf Priest
To be honest, Top 100 isn't really the goal of Focus. While it would be something that we would all be super stoked about. We don't have a raid group that is capable of committing the time for that. We average about 12 hours a week. So in order for us to full clear on normal in a single week we have to average about an hour a boss. We are extremely lucky to have the players we do, in that they are very capable and smart players. The reality of it is though that anything less then 18hrs a week puts you at a big disadvantage when it comes to top 100, and then look at top 25? 18 hrs a week is casual to a top 25 guild. So while we all like to think of ourselves as "hardcore" most of us are not willing or able to commit to a raid schedule that would allow us to progress to that point. Times have changed a lot since Inq. the gap between hardcore and casual has grown wider then ever in the time commitment it takes to keep up. So for now Focus is ok being casual "progression", I would love to see a more dedicated group pop up on server though.
Edited by Tsokin on 3/18/2013 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I wish we could put in twelve hours a week =(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Nostalgia Comedy: We had a 1% wipe on Naxx40 Kel'thuzad which would have been world 8th kill. Unfortunately, we didn't kill him until the next week and it was world 32nd. I still have that video and it was from Heratli's point of view.

Dude Emp, post that !@#$. I'm dying to see some of my old videos. The only one I have left is the Atiesh one on Youtube.

You and I both know I raped that Kel'Thuzad kill like no other.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
To be honest, Top 100 isn't really the goal of Focus. While it would be something that we would all be super stoked about. We don't have a raid group that is capable of committing the time for that. We average about 12 hours a week. So in order for us to full clear on normal in a single week we have to average about an hour a boss. We are extremely lucky to have the players we do, in that they are very capable and smart players. The reality of it is though that anything less then 18hrs a week puts you at a big disadvantage when it comes to top 100, and then look at top 25? 18 hrs a week is casual to a top 25 guild. So while we all like to think of ourselves as "hardcore" most of us are not willing or able to commit to a raid schedule that would allow us to progress to that point. time have changed a lot since Inq. the gap between hardcore and casual has grown wider then ever in the time commitment it takes to keep up. So for now Focus is ok being casual "progression", I would love to see a more dedicated group pop up on server though.

Shattered literally has 10 raid members and 1-2 of them frequently have to be late or are totally absent so while we have 3 raid days totaling 12 hours we just never get more than 4-6 hours a week anymore. I've been trying to find guys to fill up to 12-13 players for awhile now, but dead server is dead.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
03/15/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Iltareh
To be honest, Top 100 isn't really the goal of Focus. While it would be something that we would all be super stoked about. We don't have a raid group that is capable of committing the time for that. We average about 12 hours a week. So in order for us to full clear on normal in a single week we have to average about an hour a boss. We are extremely lucky to have the players we do, in that they are very capable and smart players. The reality of it is though that anything less then 18hrs a week puts you at a big disadvantage when it comes to top 100, and then look at top 25? 18 hrs a week is casual to a top 25 guild. So while we all like to think of ourselves as "hardcore" most of us are not willing or able to commit to a raid schedule that would allow us to progress to that point. time have changed a lot since Inq. the gap between hardcore and casual has grown wider then ever in the time commitment it takes to keep up. So for now Focus is ok being casual "progression", I would love to see a more dedicated group pop up on server though.

Shattered literally has 10 raid members and 1-2 of them frequently have to be late or are totally absent so while we have 3 raid days totaling 12 hours we just never get more than 4-6 hours a week anymore. I've been trying to find guys to fill up to 12-13 players for awhile now, but dead server is dead.

Interestingly enough, this is happening on other servers as well. Even servers with higher populations have a lot of guilds struggling to find raiders. The problem in my opinion is two-fold; Firstly, there are too many chiefs and not enough indians. The game has matured to a point where many long time players think they have what it takes to lead a guild and would rather try their hand at that than do what someone else wants. Secondly, Blizzard has done a piss-poor job of providing players with tools to match them up with guilds. There are players all over who are looking for guilds to raid with and guilds all over trying to find players. Blizzard could do a much better job of helping mate raiders with guilds if they dedicated some time to make a more comprehensive tool on Battle.net to help alleviate the issue.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
A decent battle.net tool for it would be really awesome to see.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warlock
Basically what we should do is take the top 3 or so players from each guild on Thunderlord. We will create a super raid team that will kill Kil'jaedan before the Wrath patch comes out and we will really put ourselves back on the map as a progression server.

We will call this guild.........Sedition
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warlock
In all seriousness though if this server wants to ever see a 25 man group again it will have to combine three guilds or so. Sadly most of us hate each other a lot so this will never really happen.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Sedition... the worst best idea ever. I think that whole thing went down during a short break I took after our pre-nerf M'uru kill, and Snaglepuss went full retard and decided to stop showing up for raids (THX BLIZZARD FOR MAKING PROT PALADINS REQUIRED ON MULTIPLE SUNWELL FIGHTS). When I came back, everyone was telling me about how the server (alliance side at least) nearly killed itself.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warlock
Hyp.......I was watching a video of our Algalon kill the other day. Made me happy.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
KJ i don't think it is that people hate each other as much as it is what !@#$ said in regards to ego. The server does have enough talented people to make a formidable 25 man raid group. However the biggest down fall of it would be trying to get a cohesive guild mgmt group. Everyone wants to be a boss no one just wants to do their job is what it comes down to
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
took me a minute to figure out who !@#$ was.

meh we dont really have group management in the ten man. everyone just kind of does there own things. A typical raid night in Focus mumble goes down like this

KJ= Yells loudly from minute 2-4 of the pull that everyone needs to shut the %^-* up and clear mumble.

Baby panda= wants to know how much longer on mana cd's.

hydin=

kaifarik=shouting about something that I cant quite understand, and then is told to shut up by kj.

nitewing=I SWEAR TO GOD I DIDNT SEE ANY PURPLE STUFF THERE!

catparty= HEALERS NEED TO STAND FARTHER AWAY FROM THE BOSS, PREFERABLY NEAR THE ENTRANCE OF THE RAID.

bmww= asking for a brez.

allinar= stealing all the red pools while everyone else talks.

asphycsia=too busy dispersion tanking bosses while kj brez's bmww and yells at us not to tell him how to play his class.

tsokin=slightly confused about why he got outhealed by a tank.
Edited by Tsokin on 3/16/2013 12:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Aww KJ, makin me miss Ulduar. Our 10 man group back then was incredible for the first two tiers of Wrath. I still have nightmares about having to go Resto on H Vezax.
Edited by Ozmose on 3/16/2013 4:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Sedition... the worst best idea ever. I think that whole thing went down during a short break I took after our pre-nerf M'uru kill, and Snaglepuss went full retard and decided to stop showing up for raids (THX BLIZZARD FOR MAKING PROT PALADINS REQUIRED ON MULTIPLE SUNWELL FIGHTS). When I came back, everyone was telling me about how the server (alliance side at least) nearly killed itself.

I'm going to take credit for Sedition as a clever way to get rid of Ashnod.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warlock
Tsokin.......I can't stop laughing.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah pretty much a standard pull right there. Asphyc has actually dispersion tanked a boss on our first kill 3 times now. Need to find him a shield or something...
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
Dark Animus, Iron Qon, and Twin Consorts down. Only 1 more left
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Dark Animus, Iron Qon, and Twin Consorts down. Only 1 more left

Wow, good job guys!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Awesome! Keep it up fellas. I know you were putting in extra days this week so 12/12 tonight I hope!

Off topic but, am I insane or has Tsokin race changed like five times this year?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Oh man are you ready for the history of tsokin's races?

Male Nelf (on detheroc)
Female Undead (T-lord)
male troll
male undead
fem belf

Cataclysm

fem goblin
fem belf

Panda

fem goblin
fem belf
i changed again here but I honestly do not remember what too it was only for a week
fem belf
male undead
female troll

Honestly, I think troll is where I am staying till next x-pac. The female troll casting animations are the best in game (besides orc). In all likelihood I'll probably change again as soon as the fancy strikes me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]