50/65 C
46/65 C

NVIDIA
58/78 C
59/76 C
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
100 Human Priest
Both are running warm. Your processor is rated for max 67.9C - you are approaching that.

Head out to Walmart electronics or a similar place and pick up some canned air duster. The secret to using it is to do short 2 or 3 second bursts then let the can settle for 10 secs then another blast. Once the can gets real cold it will lose it's power. Let it sit and warm up for an hour.

Take the side off - break the crud loose with a plastic stick - toothpick whatever - get inside the heatsink fins and loosen stuff then use the air. You could clean the fan blades carefully with some Q-tips and rubbing alcohol.

Blow the card out and the card fan.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I'll give that a shot, thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Okay. I'm just now getting back from the store with the canned air and rubbing alcohol. Soooooo busy.
I'll make some time this evening and see if I can get in there and clean stuff up. I'll let you know how it goes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
And i'm back. I opened up the case and sprayed around in there, but there wasn't really any crud to be found. Just a light layer of dust on each fan, which i sprayed off. This computer is still fairly new, so I guess it hasn't had time to get really dirty yet?

Hanging out in Stormwind right now, no problems yet...
I'll keep you posted as often as I can. Thanks much!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It's mostly fine, I think.. Occasional crashes on my hordie in the middle of random zones, as well as in Stormwind on my others, but I'm going to try to let my computer rest more often. If it is getting overheated and i have to replace a fan or something, I really just don't have the time to take care of that right now. But thanks again for all of your help. I may try forum-ing again later when my schoolwork doesn't have my days packed like a tetris screen. Take care!
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
100 Human Priest
Thanks for the update Setyl. What you might want to do is replace the heatsink and fan on the Processor or just remove them completely - give them a very good cleanup and replace the thermal paste.

It isn't a complicated job - plenty of youtube videos showing how.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Thanks! I'll get around to trying that eventually. You've been a fantastic help with this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]