Error #114 (Fix ) Easy Steps

(Locked)

85 Human Death Knight
Hey guys, I'm getting back into WoW, i simply copied all the WoW files from my friends computer to mine (im running Win 8) and its giving me this error. I'm connected via ethernet cable, so no wireless adapters. Any fix for this?
90 Human Paladin
oh man im not a computer engineer i dont have a clue how to try to log in to my account x( come on blizz i got paid gametime ands its all goin to waste cant log in and its blizz job not my job to fix logging in >< come on blizz !!!!!!!!!!!!!
66 Blood Elf Rogue
It worked for me. Thanks a lot!
I'm running Windows 8.
90 Human Warrior
I !@#$ING LOVE YOU, YOU ARE A GOD. IF I MET YOU IN REAL LIFE I WOULD KISS YOU.
90 Human Paladin
thx alot bro
1 Human Paladin
ok well I have same issue 114 error, My issue is I run SBS 2012 via Hyper server, now i cant just go change my DNS.. so how can i fix it? I have tried flushing etc.. no luck... Anyone have an idea?
90 Pandaren Hunter
same problem here, works fine on my old crappy desktop but i go and buy a brand new laptop and i installed it and it comes up with the error #114.. i have windows 8 also.. i don't want to have to change my DNS in case i stuff something up.. tried other solutions and doesn't work..
MVP - Technical Support
97 Draenei Mage
02/04/2013 02:54 AMPosted by Avelissa
ok well I have same issue 114 error, My issue is I run SBS 2012 via Hyper server, now i cant just go change my DNS.. so how can i fix it? I have tried flushing etc.. no luck... Anyone have an idea?

Why can't you change your DNS btw ? Not saying you have to just interested in why you can't.

Try the host file change suggestion at :

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811251161

If that "doesn't work" for you can you post :

1) A traceroute to us.depot.battle.net

2) What you see when you load up this page :

http://us.depot.battle.net:1119/000000test.txt

Screenshots or just a copy of the text on the page.
90 Night Elf Hunter
TY Soooooo much!
I have no idea what that just did but it fixed it, yay!!!!
100 Night Elf Druid
Worked, Tyvm :)
90 Blood Elf Hunter
ty worked for me as suggested :D
85 Dwarf Hunter
PEOPLE the problem is not on our computers so in reality tampering with our systems could make matters worse a mate and I spent hours making changes, then he tried logging on my system major problems until we reset everything back to normal and his logoin was succseful and WOW plyed perfectly. BUT when I logged in the old error 114! And when we tried logging on with his computer he was fine but mine was stuffed!!

A thought could the realm be a problem because he is saufang me caeltraz.
85 Dwarf Hunter
And would it hurt WOW to give us an idea of how long will it take, or even a clue they are doing something about it beside taking money for a service they are not providing!!
90 Tauren Priest
YOU ARE THE HERO OF SAVIOURS!!
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Why do you have to delete the blizzard entertainment and the battle.net folder.

And how do you do the cmd correctly.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I have done all the recommended things to fix the Error#114 but all of my Textures in game aren't loading properly and it takes a while to even get into the game.

Can someone please help me fix this problem.

Thankyou
MVP - Technical Support
97 Draenei Mage
02/09/2013 11:03 PMPosted by Respectfuul
Why do you have to delete the blizzard entertainment and the battle.net folder.

Because responses from the depot server are cached.

It's why when people try the Google DNS fix or the other alternative fixes it doesn't appear to be working for them. They aren't clearing the proper caches.

The battle.net tools folder should be unnecessary to delete - it only holds copies of the Agent programs. The Blizzard entertainment folder however has a battle.net cache inside.

02/09/2013 11:22 PMPosted by Respectfuul
I have done all the recommended things to fix the Error#114 but all of my Textures in game aren't loading properly and it takes a while to even get into the game.

If you've been able to login once you should be able to revert whichever fix you used and go back to your normal network settings.
85 Dwarf Hunter
Clearing caches, if the problem was in my system WHY did my mates account work????
And why on his system that has no problem mine NOT work!
90 Blood Elf Hunter
didnt work for me either....
90 Night Elf Druid
Thx so much bro for that 114 fix works great so far.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]