ilvl in 5.2 PvP

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Just found data mined:

Dreadful gear: 458 ilvl
Malevolent gear: 476 ilvl
Tyranical gear: 493 ilvl
Elite tyranical gear: 515 ilvl

Well I sure cant wait to get killed in a Rogue opener despite being in full Tyranical while he's in full Elite thanks to an overinflated cap in RBGs. Heaven forbid they apply upgrades in 5.3.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
01/22/2013 02:58 AMPosted by Nazume

Meaning it's worth it to stock up on malv gear now right?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
The lack of consistancy in ilevel jump from tier to tier makes this hard to believe

or maybe I just don't want to believe

over 20 ilevels between reg conquest to elite???wotm8¿¿¿

Conq is going to reset anyways might as well get as much as you can and upgrade it before 5.2 drops
Edited by Sacked on 1/22/2013 3:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/22/2013 03:14 AMPosted by Sinzx

yes
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/22/2013 03:32 AMPosted by Sacked
The lack of consistancy in ilevel jump from tier to tier makes this hard to believe

Sadly it gets indexed with PvE gear so as to be competitive in raids. Nyeeeeh.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
01/22/2013 03:32 AMPosted by Sacked
Conq is going to reset anyways might as well get as much as you can and upgrade it before 5.2 drops

01/22/2013 03:34 AMPosted by Volutec
yes

Mmm that is true

Was just wondering if it was worth gearing my alts out. Guess I'll hop to it lol.

Ty guys :)
Reply Quote
68 Dwarf Hunter
1. Do we know about the weapons? currently they are 470.
2. I know the upgrade system is leaving in 5.2 but will our malevolent gear maintain its upgraded Ilvl in 5.2?
Reply Quote
upgrades wont be taken away, they already said that.

As for rogue openers...oh well, trade warrior's killing you in a CC to rogues doing it, no problem for me, my !@#$%^- is getting pretty wide.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Just found data mined:

Well I sure cant wait to get killed in a Rogue opener despite being in full Tyranical while he's in full Elite thanks to an overinflated cap in RBGs. Heaven forbid they apply upgrades in 5.3.

keep in mind they are reworking pvp gear to have less "normal" stats but more resil / power which are not counted towards ilvl. Supposedly they will equal out in a pvp situation and i would expect the change to be retroactive to current gear.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Just found data mined:

For what it's worth, the wowhead ptr has different ilvls than what you've listed here.

Dreadful: 458
Malevolent: 483
Tyrannical: 493
Elite Tyrannical: 512

Still seems like a large gear gap to me, though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Just found data mined:

So do RBGs. Problem solved.
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Monk

Yes, very much. Your current mal will be a bit better than s13 mal:)
Reply Quote
Community Manager

I don't think it's that cut and dry. If I'm understanding the numbers, 5.1 Malevolent will only be better than 5.2 Malevolent if it's carrying 2/2 item level upgrades (though it will have more stamina).

Currently, the PvP Power and stats on each tier of gear are tuned to ensure that they're the best choice for PvP compared with a PvE equivalent:

Malevolent > LFR gear for PVP.
Tyrannical > normal mode raid gear for PvP.
Elite Tyrannical > Heroic mode raid gear for PvP.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:29 PMPosted by Daxxarri

I don't think it's that cut and dry. If I'm understanding the numbers, 5.1 Malevolent will only be better than 5.2 Malevolent if it's carrying 2/2 item level upgrades (though it will have more stamina).

sooo i should not be using any of conq pts for new mal pieces but instead use em to upgrade to 2/2?

since the new honor tyranical will prob be better than 0/2 Mal?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
01/25/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Johance

sooo i should not be using any of conq pts for new mal pieces but instead use em to upgrade to 2/2?

Yes that's exactly what you should be doing.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

From the looks of it, that'll be the smart thing to do.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:29 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Currently, the PvP Power and stats on each tier of gear are tuned to ensure that they're the best choice for PvP compared with a PvE equivalent:

Malevolent > LFR gear for PVP.
Tyrannical > normal mode raid gear for PvP.
Elite Tyrannical > Heroic mode raid gear for PvP.

Can you clarify this? I, like many others, was under the impression that malevolent pvp gear you purchase with honor once 5.2 hits will be 7 ilevels below current malevolent gear bought with conquest points (476 ilvl vs 483). Thus it would be better to spend conquest points on new armor pieces before the season ends rather than spend points upgrading current armor pieces.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]