Resto Druid Or Mistweaver (25s) in 5,2?

90 Draenei Priest
I may be looking to get back into healing in 5.2...but I really don't want to go back to my priest. I'd like to try a new healer and to avoid leveling another character, I will be choosing between Mistweaver and Druid.

A lot of people have told me how utterly horrible Rdruids are and how the 10% buff they are getting won't really fix them. Others have told me that monks are worse.

So - if you were going to be healing 25 normals, which would you advise for fun, versatility and overall desirability in raids?
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Well being that they are greatly nerfing disc priest healing i think you're on the money not going priest healing (holy kind of blows atm as well).

Resto druids were not real strong in heroic modes i'm told so my gut tells me mistweaver would be the way to go on for your choice.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
The only things making me lean towards Resto is:
A) An insanely awesome looking T15 set. I mean seriously, just look at that thing.
B) Much easier time going dps for dailies and stuff.

But I think you are right, Mistweaver may be the way to go.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
mistweaver has more dps when healing
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest
Resto druids are in no way "utterly horrible". They're perfectly capable of completing all content. It's true that they may be slightly behind some other healers, but they're still ok. A 10% healing buff and 9% mana reduction to rejuv will help them out in 5.2. I wouldn't hold out much hope for wild mushrooms though. They still look like a very poorly designed spell.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
With the beatdown disc is getting in 5.2, resto druid is a good bet along with H priest for being extremely strong in 25s. Priest might get points if there are encounters where disc makes a comeback due to needing raid / localized absorbs.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Whatever one you prefer to play.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I may be looking to get back into healing in 5.2...but I really don't want to go back to my priest. I'd like to try a new healer and to avoid leveling another character, I will be choosing between Mistweaver and Druid.

A lot of people have told me how utterly horrible Rdruids are and how the 10% buff they are getting won't really fix them. Others have told me that monks are worse.

So - if you were going to be healing 25 normals, which would you advise for fun, versatility and overall desirability in raids?

The resto druid buff in 5.2 is a welcome buff, but it's impact will be minor in 25s. Since you want to raid 25s the choice is pretty easy. MW.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
01/22/2013 09:06 AMPosted by Dargonkin
With the beatdown disc is getting in 5.2, resto druid is a good bet along with H priest for being extremely strong in 25s. Priest might get points if there are encounters where disc makes a comeback due to needing raid / localized absorbs.

From what I've heard while looking at potential guilds, resto is still going to be absolute garbage in 25s.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]