Guide for Disc Healing in MoP?

90 Draenei Priest
I see everyone saying Disc is overpowered, and it may well be, but I don't get it any more. While I was doing more than fine healing in Cata (keeping everyone alive + topping the DPS), I can't seem to get the hang of it in MoP and feel like a heaping helping of fail. Is there a good guide somewhere to doing Disc in current dungeons and raids? I read over Noxxic and Icy Veins' guides and came away not very enlightened. I used to do heavy Smite healing but that doesn't seem to work any more; everyone dies. So I'm trying more absorbs but can't keep up and I'm getting discouraged.

Yeah, I know, I suck, L2P. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Try the stickies in the priest forum or howtopriest.com
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Thanks for the link to howtopriest.com; some good stuff there.
Reply Quote
98 Human Priest
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794980143
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
smite, smite, smite, smite, smite, smite, smite, penance, holy fire, smite ,smite, smite, smite, smite, smite.
Edited by Eunuch on 1/22/2013 6:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
^ might work in LFR, but not in anything that matters.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
To be honest, there are a lot of fights I'm fine on and can happily go to town on and other fights that can bring me to my knees right now leveling. That last fight in Shado-Pan? Ugh, PoH spam with spirit shell got me through it but yuck.

All I can say (having run a Resto Shammy instead of a Priest in Cata) is absorbs is the name of the game, at least for me leveling. Things just go a lot better when there's bubbles everywhere so that's what I normally do on bosses and high damage trash. I do still smite heal, it just depends on the fight. If I'm bored, smite heal. If things are going all out chaotic or things are going FUBAR - then AoE spam with keeping the tank up (or toughest DPS/pet should the tank fall).

Looking at our absorbs I can definitely see why we would be considered OP at 90 and at least in some decent gear. Doesn't feel like it at times while leveling does it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]