WOW! Just tanked Blackrock Depths!

80 Orc Warrior
This was one spectacular dungeon. It seemed endless. Tons of good drops too. Definately the best dungeon for me up to this point.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/22/2013 10:39 PMPosted by Beloved
This was one spectacular dungeon. It seemed endless. Tons of good drops too. Definately the best dungeon for me up to this point.

Glad you enjoyed it. :) BRD is one of the more epic dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Have you done Blackrock Spire yet? It's similar to BRD in that it's long and has tons of drops. You'll probably enjoy that dungeon, too. :)
Edited by Tyani on 1/23/2013 3:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You guys are nuts.

8 hour BRDs.

*Curls up into a ball and rocks back and forth*
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 10:39 PMPosted by Beloved

The best trolls are subtle enough that rubes can't tell that they're being trolled.
Well-played.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You guys are nuts.

8 hour BRDs.

*Curls up into a ball and rocks back and forth*

Paladin : "I need Emperor...please?"

Player 2 : "Screw the emperor, too far. I just need the jail for Onyxia attunement, go go"

Healer : "I just need fire resist gear. Either go to Incendius or I leave."

Tank : "Lol, im just here because my GF needs to get to the bar for the shanker."

GF: "/giggle"
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I love BRD, most people despise it for some reason. It really feels like a dungeon.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
One of mine too. I like the long ones. It's definitely something I'd have to set aside some time for, but I'd rather do just 1 long dungeon and be done with it, rather than a bunch of annoying small ones.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
01/23/2013 03:31 AMPosted by Tyani
Have you done Blackrock Spire yet? It's similar to BRD in that it's long and has tons of drops. You'll probably enjoy that dungeon, too. :)

But spire has a semblance of a path. People go in circles in BRD and don't even know that they are doing it.

:STOP!!! Use the mole.

:The what?

:Right here this thing I am jumping in front of

:Does that take us to heart of mountain? I want to do that quest.

/sass cringes
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
BRD is the greatest accomplishment of the blizzard development team. The way they've cut it up is a travesty.

BRD is what a dungeon should be. Not a 10 minute speed run. It's a living city. There are traps, secrets, side bosses, quests. Want to make some dark iron gear? Gotta go to the black furnace, then the black anvil. Want your thorium brotherhood items? Head to the tavern. There are hidden patterns, a bit of RNG with the ring of justice.

I'd love to see a lot more BRD in wow, and a lot less everything else.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Woot! a true RPG'er. With a group of friends, that dungeon is a blast.

If you get a chance when your 70. I think shadow labyrinth, Was one of my fav's.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Don't get me wrong, BRD is the most beautiful dungeon in the game. Better than any raid, dungeon or what not.

But the way the game works, it was never practical. I still go there from time to time just to walk around.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Woot! a true RPG'er. With a group of friends, that dungeon is a blast.

If you get a chance when your 70. I think shadow labyrinth, Was one of my fav's.

As much as I like Shadow Labs, I can't really compare it to BRD. The last thing Shadow Labyrinth is, is a Labyrinth. I was disappointed at that.

My favorite dungeons to this day are BRD, Maraudon and (the old) Sunken Temple. Old Scholomance was up there too. Those felt (and feel, the ones that still exist) like dungeons.

01/23/2013 12:36 PMPosted by Gruklaar

I wish they made BRD a raid and updated it to level 90. Whatever they do, I'd really like them to keep it intact. Part of the charm of BRD is that it's NOT a "speedrun" kind of dungeon. It's really a place to take your time exploring. And I find that awesome.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
BRD is the greatest accomplishment of the blizzard development team. The way they've cut it up is a travesty.

BRD is what a dungeon should be. Not a 10 minute speed run. It's a living city. There are traps, secrets, side bosses, quests. Want to make some dark iron gear? Gotta go to the black furnace, then the black anvil. Want your thorium brotherhood items? Head to the tavern. There are hidden patterns, a bit of RNG with the ring of justice.

While I entirely agree, it is an awesome place to experience, that experience doesn't translate "as well" to the multiplayer dynamic. When it's just you (and maybe a friend) the place is an experience not to be missed.

But when you throw five people together who all have different objectives and available time? It stops working and badly. Which is sad, because it *really* should be something everyone runs in its entirety at least once.

Part of me thinks that what is missing from WoW is exactly what BRD represents, large, sprawling and mysterious areas for a player to set themselves up to experience at whatever pace is best suited to them. You can't really have that "in the world" because all the other players ruin the immersion possibilities, where the "zone" completely centers itself on one individual.

Before phasing came along I would have said such a thing wasn't possible but now I'm not so sure. What-if time. What if BRD wasn't a dungeon, but a "zone" directly connected to the world (no instance portal), and that players crossing into it are put into their private phase (think Halfhill farm), and everything they experience then is custom tailored to create an epic and sweeping game experience of reclaiming BRD.

I know players have been really derisive towards single-player dungeons over the years but I can't see how something like BRD could ever work in the grander scale of WoW. But as a single-player "dungeon" it would be exactly the kind of game-play missing from WoW at present. Places, times, quests, zones, characters to get wrapped up in, a chance to *become* part of WoW, not just another mindless drone hopping from one yellow ! to the next.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
But when you throw five people together who all have different objectives and available time? It stops working and badly.

Blame LFD.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
01/23/2013 03:49 PMPosted by Slashlove
Blame LFD.

My scenario up above is exactly what happened half the time. The other half, the group fell apart after 10 minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My scenario up above is exactly what happened half the time. The other half, the group fell apart after 10 minutes.

Whereas before LFD, while you were still at the mercy of other people to be willing, you could and did assemble groups making sure everyone had the same intent, whether it be an Emperor run, getting guildies together to get to the Black Anvil, kill everything that moves, Onyxia quest etc.

It WAS a very practical setup.

It would have been more awesome if instead of completely gutting things like Sunken Temple or Scholomance, they'd simply implemented a different version.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Now I'm getting all nostalgic.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Ehh, the only BRD run I did before LFD was easily the worst one I've ever had.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
62 Tauren Druid
this sort of makes me nostalgic. the dungeon itself is great, but getting the run started and keeping it going was a nightmare. spamming for a group, long flight paths, long run, then someone would go afk and the healer would leave.

if someone dropped mid run, you had to find and wait on a replacement. more people would get impatient and drop. even if they didn't, you would have to clear respawns back to the front to get the new member.

if you were a hunter, you couldn't get in a group anyway. LF1M BRD, anything but hunter!

But maybe all those trials made it sweeter when the stars aligned and you actually were able to clear it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]