Holy Leveling in MoP

40 Blood Elf Paladin
I plan to heal and only heal with this guy. I've only leveled through dungeons since level 15.

Come Cata content I'll have to quest a bit to have a high enough ilv to que for Cata dungeons, and then quest of course thru MoP as its dungeons give little exp.

Will the combo of Holy Shock, Judgement, Crusader Strike, Exorcism, Seal of Command/Righteousness, Hammer of Wrath...

Will my dps be enough to quest with? By the way I have leveled a Mistweaver Monk by dpsing through questing and despite their low dps I still got by.
Edited by Orillan on 1/23/2013 4:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You forgot Denounce, which at lower levels can give you quite a large amount of single target DPS. Honestly don't know how it goes past TBC content, but till then it's quite a good button to mindlessly mash.
Reply Quote
40 Blood Elf Paladin
Man I totally forgot about that spell....

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
leveling as a healer just sucks in general.

you can kill mobs, but it takes <queue up the Sandlot> FOR EVV ERRRR

FORRRRR EVVVVV ERRRRRRR
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You can do it, but its slow. Might not be so bad if we had an actual AoE spell, but you have to single target everything down, and it just takes time. Do yourself a favor and grab some ret gear for Pandaria.

To note: I leveled this toon as holy on MoP launch, but I had a warrior with me. It still felt like it took forever.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior

you can kill mobs, but it takes <queue up the Sandlot> FOR EVV ERRRR

FORRRRR EVVVVV ERRRRRRR

I finally buckled down and leveled my Paladin a while ago. I got from 40 to 85 in three days. It took me a full week to hit 90 as Holy solo. Don't do it. It's more frustrating than it's worth.

As others have said, get some Ret gear, mash a few buttons, and switch back to Holy once you hit 90. I would suggest switching to Holy before quests that rewards blue items, that way you get the Holy quest rewards.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I also leveled holy, as I have always done. I also cheated a bit by having a warrior around most of the time. :P

For the most part, leveling holy is better than ever. Use glyph of harsh words, glyph of denounce, and glyph of holy shock. Use seal of insight and holy shock, hammer of wrath, word of glory, denounce. I don't bother with crusader strike or judgment anymore.

However, the lack of AOE sucks. Carry around some landsharks and hang onto the Bag of Bombs trinket for a little bit of aoe. Only fight through the lack of aoe if you are really committed to leveling holy, because mobs die slower and you will end up extremely frustrated when hit with little swarms of low health mobs that have to be single targeted down.

On the upside, you only have one set of gear to worry about. Once you get to 90 and get Light's Hammer and a little gear so you hit harder, you may find questing holy enjoyable, as I have.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
with the glyphs to increase dmg to holy shock as well as to turn your WoG into a spell that can do damage, should suffice (just dual spec, one into healing dungeons and one into a "dps holy" set).

i personally did not choose this route as i just bought green gear from a vendor in pandaria for my ret set... but before i got to that vendor i had little problem with those glyphs and cds... hell with my holy set getting better, its tempting me to just get rid of my ret spec and turn that into a dailies/questing "dps holy" set
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
with the glyphs to increase dmg to holy shock as well as to turn your WoG into a spell that can do damage, should suffice (just dual spec, one into healing dungeons and one into a "dps holy" set).

i personally did not choose this route as i just bought green gear from a vendor in pandaria for my ret set... but before i got to that vendor i had little problem with those glyphs and cds... hell with my holy set getting better, its tempting me to just get rid of my ret spec and turn that into a dailies/questing "dps holy" set

Also, the denounce glyph. That things procs fairly often. I actually forgot about the WoG glyph while leveling. That would've made it a ton easier.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Until Panda and possibly cata you can level relatively easy as holy and do decent damage, possibly even comparable to ret.

However once you get to (Cata?) you're damage starts to take a hit and you'll notice it taking more time to kill enemies. Once you get to 85 forget about it, you'll be better off duel-speccing and questing as Ret than trying it in Holy.

I was sad since I've always levelled my paly as holy no matter what, but I just had to quest in Panda as ret. Of course I already had the spec and a gear set from Cata so it was easy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Once you get to Pandaria, there's a vendor in -Iforgetthenamebutsomeoneherecanprovideit-

It'll cost about 100-200g for each set, but you can pick up a Ret set and a Holy set, and switch them out while you queue for dungeons and quest.

Then, on the Serpent's Spine, there's an updated vendor that sells 408 gear for about the same price as the 372 gear, but you can't equip it until level 88.

I BG'd my way from 88 - 90 on all my toons that I had gear troubles with. :p
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No seriously... pick up some Ret gear.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I plan to heal and only heal with this guy....
Will my dps be enough to quest with? By the way I have leveled a Mistweaver Monk by dpsing through questing and despite their low dps I still got by.

Your dps will be enough to get by, and then some. I'm prejudiced, I hate ret and have no bag space for extra gear, but I'm here to say that leveling holy is a good choice for some of us.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Leveling as holy 85+ is a horrible idea. Even if you just dungeon, it takes like 20 dungeons non rested to get to 87, I would know, I tried. Even better part is that there is only 2 dungeons until 87, then you get 2 more. So boring.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/24/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Alexardros
Leveling as holy 85+ is a horrible idea. Even if you just dungeon, it takes like 20 dungeons non rested to get to 87, I would know, I tried. Even better part is that there is only 2 dungeons until 87, then you get 2 more. So boring.

Well, the part about dungeons I agree with. I leveled from about 25-80 completely in dungeons and bgs, never did a quest, and I did lots of dungeons along with questing from 80-85. However, the dungeons were few and boring from 85-90.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]