[H-RP/PvP] The Sunguard- The Crimson Crusade

90 Pandaren Shaman
I was told posting in this thread would make me a hero...

...I feel lied to.
90 Human Paladin
The human plants a banner, eyeing the Sin'dorei encampment below her. A sly smirk spreads across her lips as she regards the horde below.

"Soon, my friends. Your banner will not shine red with pride- but with the blood of the fallen."
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I was told posting in this thread would make me a hero...

...I feel lied to.

You are a hero. In my heart

02/18/2013 05:09 PMPosted by Vediovus
http://www.wimp.com/goatsyelling/

My girlfriend laughed really hard to this.

The human plants a banner, eyeing the Sin'dorei encampment below her. A sly smirk spreads across her lips as she regards the horde below.

"Soon, my friends. Your banner will not shine red with pride- but with the blood of the fallen."

Bring it on.

Coward
100 Orc Warrior
I'm too tired for constructive posting.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
A new week is upon us and soon we shall coat the snows of Kun Lai with Alliance blood!

BRING IT
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Guess I'd better polish my murdering boots.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Goats are weird as heck. AAAAAAAAAAAH!

Been leveling my hunter. It is fun, I can solo all the rares without fear.
Edited by Raserus on 2/21/2013 3:19 AM PST
90 Tauren Monk
Is there a battle or something today? What's it called? Where is it? Varian's sofa or something?

Important things to know if you want tauren dancing to occur!

EDIT: Posted my first ever RP writing and character profile on the Sunguard website. Y'all let me what ya think!

/moo
Edited by Jaxra on 2/21/2013 9:23 AM PST
Very good job Jax! I really liked your character.

"I'm too fat, they said."

Best line in any character profile ever.
100 Blood Elf Warrior
I expect you all to preform amazingly and prove to the Alliance that indeed their lifting skills are fourth place at best.
100 Orc Warrior
Finally find my authenticator to log in so I can post. Woo.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I greatly enjoyed the event, even if we lost.
100 Orc Warrior
Bam, Post Kun-Lai battle Ashgar story xD.

Ashgar stared at the lists of the dead and wounded from the Kun-Lai campaign. These lists are far too long for some thrice damned relic, he thought to himself as he pushed the papers away, standing and turning to look out the window behind him as the Gira flew away from Pandaria, seeing only the ocean as the airship set first for Silvermoon to drop off the wounded, and then to Orgrimmar. "From there to Winterspring," the old orc whispered to himself. One hundred of the Alizarin's freelancers had fallen in this campaign, as well as who knew how many of the Oathsworn enlisted soldiers.

"We didn't lose half this many fighting in the Southern Barrens, and that was a righteous cause," he spoke softly. "We didn't lose anywhere near this many at Theramore and that turned out to be nothing more than a testing," he said as he turned again, chain mail clinking softly as he left the room, walking through the barracks section of the ship. Only the sounds of the sleeping and the moans of the wounded could be heard as he walked, not sure where he was going, through the bowels of the ship. Upstairs and down, through both mess halls and into the engine room, all under staffed or left quiet in the wake of the defeat in the mountains.

Eventually he found himself in the armory, empty except for himself. The Gira was equipped with a small elemental powered forge, not enough for creation of new weapons, armor and parts, but enough to keep the current ones in repair. Walking towards the anvil, he placed a hand on it for a moment, thinking of the ten orcish and goblin smiths in the company who had worked here when not in battle. All but one of them had been listed among the dead. The sole remaining smith of the company was himself, General Ashgar Ironfist, a tired orc. He had known them all, even fought alongside some of the orcs during the Second War and Third wars.

"Here we sang as we worked. Even the goblins sang along with us after they realized we wouldn't stop," he said as he wiped the tears that had begun to form away from his eyes. "We sang songs of victories and losses, of gold and taverns, of those we'd lost and all the things we'd do as we continued to spit in the eye of death. And now, I can't hear them anymore," he whispered as he broke into tears, his fist slamming into the anvil as he cried out in rage and in pain at the losses.

"And I did my duty through it all." he whispered when he was finished.
02/22/2013 02:09 PMPosted by Arandür
I expect you all to preform amazingly and prove to the Alliance that indeed their lifting skills are fourth place at best.

After the battle this doesn't seem so uplifting.

Thanks for that amazing event, Sunguard. And God bless. :) (:
100 Blood Elf Priest
It should have been sweet to return to Sha’alethas, but instead Cere’thien felt as though her thin frame were the heaviest of rocks and metal, twisted into a terrible ache. The audience after the return from the ships, before the Regent-Lord himself seemed little more than a farcical touch of insanity. There were moments the Confessor wished that one could serve without the fanfare and pretensions of grandeur, with sweetest silence. For returning to her people while the moon lay high in the sky … was precisely so.

The tall trees of her home seemed to go on forever, intermingled with the aged white towers to the point where stone was not clear from the living, breathing wood she dwelled in. That non e could find unless one held a heart as honest as it was wild. So the legends said, at least. Lips too wide for the lovely face the rested upon pursed while resting upon the cold, silver surface of a coin – one that held a match or two. One – she’d gifted to a certain ranger often not far from her thoughts.

She stood there in front of the door of a cousin, while the sounds of the wood around her ought to have given such a peace! But – there was little but a lonely weight. A sigh slipped from the Lady Blackwood that was closer to a sob as she covered her face to quell the sound. The full count hadn’t been yet realised – but the list so far of names tied to House Blackwood read fifty seven, with another one hundred wounded. They’d been all but decimated on the beaches near Zouchin, and the plains near Eastwind to the point that blood had run red on the reaches sand nearest to the sea and been churned to frozen muck upon the earth.

But not ended, not beaten. The Alliance had not won the war - and the Confessor found herself not caring even a little.

Her legs trembled and she swayed on her feet, but somehow the Confessor managed to remain standing as she lifted her hand and knocked thrice on the door in a proscribed pattern her kin had used for several thousand years. It meant – ‘I bring news of sadness, and word of grief.’ It took moments – but from within the home – as it was generally that one did not open the door to the messenger as it was considered a rudeness – a keening wail of a woman was only just apparent.

She had not needed to be the messenger for her kin. Several other surviving Blackwood rangers had offered the duty, yet there was one trouble allowing such a thing had caused Cere’thien. It was too many dead to allow just one ranger to do, even though they would all sing the dead into the earth afterward. It was one particular reason why there had never been a Blackwood that rose from the earth. Much like dragons, her family had always returned the bodies fully to the ground to give new life in a proper cycle, rather than burials. The lady had spoken softly, dressed still in dark attire.

“I could n-never … expect of others what I s-shall not do myself. So – I will g-go and do this d-deed as well. We s-shall … split the duty equally. I m-may … n-not be a ranger as m-my fate t-took me toward … other shores,” she stammered, “but I feel as m-much as any of you, for I t-too was there.”
I'm glad to see so many reaction posts! I'll be writing one today/tomorrow. Looks like I'm going to have a snow day.
100 Orc Warrior
I use my new found muscle to...DAMN IT FEL YOU BEAT ME TO IT!

<3
100 Blood Elf Priest
-flings a snowball at Felthier and one at Ashgar- YAY! Snow day, good stuff.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]