Incentive too high for 25?

90 Human Warlock
I think it should only reward raid leader, guild master, or whoever is putting the 25s together. As a raider, it doesn't matter if it 10s or 25s, you are not doing anything more, all you do is kill bosses, no extra works for you at all.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Bashiok
Community Manager

It is still a chance. There will be cases where a 10-player raid will have more Thunderforged items than a 25-player raid.

Bashiok its not so much a slap in the face as OP says, but this is something that is going to be HIGHLY annoying to both 10 and 25 man. Its going to cause the mind set of if I upgrade my heroic (insert slot here) and then next week the Heroic Thunderforged weapon drops I will have wasted 1500 valor upgrading that item possibly.

I'm sure you guys have thought up a million possibilities, but IMO a 4 slot upgrade w/ 2 slots already filled rather than it being thunderforged would be a better route to go. Or maybe even make the Thunderforged part an Item that drops and you take it to the actual thunderforge on the island to upgrade your item 6 more slots and give 25m a better chance to get those "Thunderforge" addons.

Upgrades are removed in 5.2 until 5.3 (for now).
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/23/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Niia
Typical 10 man loot drop: 1 sidegrade, 1 piece of mail or plate healing gear no one can use (why do items that only a single spec of a single class can use still exist, btw? you'd think that would have been phased out during all the mass homogenization that has been going on in the game, but no..)

I think we can all agree the way the loot system is in this game is frustrating for both comps. :)
90 Tauren Warrior
No one is forcing anyone to do 10's/25's or even raid at all. It's YOUR choice what level of content you attempt.
100 Draenei Hunter
They have more people, they need more loot.

How does that not make sense.

10 mans and 25 mans should be able to gear up their respective groups at a somewhat similar pace.

that is already the case right now.

but with this change, they have better odds at getting "upgraded" loot compared to a 10 man.

why should one raid format get a benefit over the other, for doing the same content? that just isnt fair.

changes are on mmochampion btw

I'd prefer NA and EU had the KR and CN format over this change. That would be more of a shock to you in the end but it'd break this fantasy land in your head that 10 man is the same candle as 25.
100 Human Death Knight
Oh boy. A return to the better loot in 25 mans just for showing up. I used to raid 25 man quite intensively and they were always much easier to carry people in. When a couple people go down in 25 you can still beat content. in 10 man its crippling.
90 Human Warrior
01/23/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Lustorbust
Completely of-topic but, Bash is the mist lurking shield designed after your avatar? And I don't see why 25m needs an incentive because unless the "incentive" is better gear than 10's they will die out simply because the player-base seems to prefer 10m over 25 otherwise they wouldn't be declining. That's how I see it at least.

No people prefer to be lazy and not have to form 25 mans a lot of raiders prefer 25s but are simply lazy. Heck I would love to have 40 mans back /shrug.
90 Night Elf Druid
01/23/2013 04:22 PMPosted by Bashiok
It is still a chance. There will be cases where a 10-player raid will have more Thunderforged items than a 25-player raid.

Which is the sick part. There is only one true solution to this massive piece of crap you people created and RNG is NOT the answer.

15man raiding IS the solution. It eliminates all 10v25 bickering, it greatly reduces the balancing workload (which you guys are not real good at), ONE set of items, etc, etc. Lets be honest, most 10man guilds have a bench and recruiting will be equal for all. LFR can be converted to 15man too which will help reduce queue times. So all you would have is 5mans, 15mans and PVP. Much better things come from this scenario than your less than impressive wanna be solution you revealed today.
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
I would like to point out that it is also harder to coordinate a 25 man group.

01/23/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Layuth
most 10man guilds have a bench and recruiting will be equal for all.

This is completely untrue. I know many 10 man guilds have to pug to complete the week's group because members can't turn up due to RL commitments.
Edited by Irøh on 1/23/2013 4:44 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
I don't see this as a huge problem...

I mean, sure, 25 man might have a higher chance to drop it, but there's also more people competing for it, compared to a 10 man, where you might be the only player on that gear.
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/23/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Bubblebubble
Why are 25's being rewarded the same as 10's when they have to go through the trouble of having to find 15 more people?

They arn't? 25s already give 1 extra piece of loot per boss, and btw no one makes you do 25mans, you can't alienate a large portion of the wow community because you believe 25man raids are better.

This is also pointless there will be no more people running 25s than before
90 Blood Elf Paladin
it's not the same work, 25man is much harder
100 Worgen Mage
OOB
01/23/2013 04:22 PMPosted by Bashiok

Well that makes it a rather stupid incentive then, doesn't it?
90 Night Elf Druid
01/23/2013 04:41 PMPosted by Valkyrie
Oh boy. A return to the better loot in 25 mans just for showing up. I used to raid 25 man quite intensively and they were always much easier to carry people in. When a couple people go down in 25 you can still beat content. in 10 man its crippling.

Getting 10 people who do not need to be carried is multitudes easier than getting 25. MULTITUDES.
90 Dwarf Shaman
01/23/2013 04:45 PMPosted by Layuth

Getting 10 people who do not need to be carried is multitudes easier than getting 25. MULTITUDES.
Except your multitudes are off-set by not needing to find 25 people who wouldn't need to be carried as stated before you can and most likely will carry a few people in 25. Where in 10 that isn't possible.
90 Dwarf Warlock
*Puts on Doomsayer Boards*
*Takes a deep breath as he walks out to a street corner!*
/YELL THE WORLD IS ENDING OH MY GOD WHAT SHALL WE DO. WAAAA WAAAAAA 10 MANS BLAH BLAH SOMETHING SOMETHING TOM CRUISE SAVE US!

I guess you could say that this solution is UNACCEPTAAAAAAAABLE!
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/23/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Kelrox

Like I said pointless. Just screwing over 10 mans
100 Gnome Rogue
as a 10 man heroic raider, this change really doesnt bother me. i dont think its enough of a change for most people that changed to 10 man to go back to 25.
90 Orc Hunter
10 mans are a joke i dont even consider it raiding and the fact that these newbs can aquire the same loot w/out the same effort is garbage.
100 Human Paladin
"WAAAAH I DON"T WANT TO MAKE MORE FRIANDS PLZ GIVE TENS EVERYTHING!!!"

This game should have never strayed away from the BC model imo. 10s as starter raids, then 25s were perfect.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]