RP Add-ons

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Which one(s) do you use, or do you not use any? Why?

I currently use MRP (MyRolePlay) but I think I've seen others with TRP2 (Total Role Play 2). I'm wondering if one is preferred over the other or if there is another one I'm not aware of.

Thanks for your input!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm curious about this as well. Back in the day, I always preferred FlagRSP2 because it passively collected everyone's profile in the background, and I could read through them without that person being online.

MRP, on the other hand, has a ton more little spots to fill stuff in. Unfortunately, I haven't participated in RP in a good long while, so I've fallen out of the loop. It's a shame that the RP addon authors can't all get together and develop something that's cross-compatible.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I only started using addons a few months ago, at the insistence of a friend. I still eschew them, and only use them for RP.

Tried TRP2 for a while, liked a lot of things about it, mostly the languages and the NPC emotes.

Then I tried MRP, which I found much less offputting. I still use that, and I also use Tongues, which I have had a lot of fun with.

01/23/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Starien
I always preferred FlagRSP2 because it passively collected everyone's profile in the background, and I could read through them without that person being online.

That would be really handy.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Right now I use MRP, find it alright for info/look description and brief about toon.

Haven't tried tongues yet.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
I have TRP2 which also reads MRP data. Haven't had any complaints with it so far.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
I'm curious about this as well. Back in the day, I always preferred FlagRSP2 because it passively collected everyone's profile in the background, and I could read through them without that person being online.

MRP, on the other hand, has a ton more little spots to fill stuff in. Unfortunately, I haven't participated in RP in a good long while, so I've fallen out of the loop. It's a shame that the RP addon authors can't all get together and develop something that's cross-compatible.

+20 brownie points for anyone who still has Tauren Ci's old profile.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

+20 brownie points for anyone who still has Tauren Ci's old profile.

*digs around*

1/9/2009

"You cannot help but notice a strange darkness that emanates from Cirrus...yet you sense a strong light keeping the darkness above the skin of this battleworn Tauren."
Reply Quote
I think Starien wins that one, Ci.

As for the topic, I use MRP. I don't have any complaints about it and, while I've played around with other addons, I seem to keep coming back to it. I can't really say why. Maybe my familiarity with it just makes it easier for me to use. From what I've seen, RPers are pretty split between the different addons but there's not really a consensus about which one is better. It's interesting to see what people think though! And it makes me think that maybe I should download some new ones just to try them out...
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
Lol! +20

I knew it was something cheesy like that.

-_-'
Edited by Zg on 1/27/2013 9:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/27/2013 09:46 PMPosted by Zg
I knew it was something cheesy like that.

Hah! So cute.

Pretty sure I have something along those lines in someone's FlagRSP folder somewhere, too. Please don't check, Starien. >.>

Thanks for all the feedback guys!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I stopped using all add ons when I installed MOP.

I only used MRP and the DPS tracker thing (So I could show off in instances).

After reading this I am inspired to go download MRP again.

TRP2 sounds 'ok'. Personally I really do not have any use for making NPCs speak.
If it is compatible with MRP then 'yay for me'! I like MRP, because it is easy and does not really mess with any of my interface. I am very particular about my screens layout. I'm certain I am not the only one who is like that :)

Thank you Candela, for starting this thread.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
01/29/2013 07:30 AMPosted by Jenasis
Personally I really do not have any use for making NPCs speak.

I found it is very useful when I want to provide RP for 'non-combat companions', demons, hunter pets, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/29/2013 07:30 AMPosted by Jenasis
Thank you Candela, for starting this thread.

No problem! :}

I must admit that one of my favorite parts of the game--and the 'Holdt, as Timelord would say--is noticing someone run by using MRP or TRP2, whether they are IC or OOC at the time.

It's good to let others know you're a kindred spirit, immersed in both the story and the game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/29/2013 05:00 PMPosted by Oolaki
I found it is very useful when I want to provide RP for 'non-combat companions', demons, hunter pets, etc.

Yeah, I kind of miss that. I've worked out other ways of doing that though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Oh yeah the other cool thing with TRP2 was pet descriptions and such. And the character sheet too. And the way you could set states and relationships with other characters.

Everything else about it, I think, is WAY to complicated, and I felt it a bunch of unnessecary stuff in my interface. Hence I switched to MRP.
Reply Quote
95 Worgen Rogue
I would use TRP2 if the development was still continued, but alas it was recently scrapped.

It was borderline perfect, but had a bit too much feature-creep, resulting in a confusing mess for new users. The 'state' system was fantastic, letting others see obvious character traits at a glance.

It also had a few annoying bugs, resulting in bank and auction NPCs not being instantly accessible. (You had to go through the classic talk-and-option way of speaking to them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]