Patch 5.2.0 Undocumented PTR Changes

90 Tauren Druid

Well, I guess on the plus side it'll stop that nasty issue where the multiple bigglesworths being forced into the pet journal was erasing some people's level 25s.
That's likely why it was changed. I keep deleting my extra 2 because "497 pets, 495 unique" is annoying. I welcome this change a ton.

I assume it was changed simply because him not being unique was a bug. The behaviour was obviously buggy, and every other achievement pet was unique all ready anyway. Glad I can finally get rid of them and know they won't pop back up.

Edit; Simca, the new fish. Are they caught in any water in their respective zones, or do special fishing pools spawn that have them?

I assume they're open water catches. Something to work on while you work on Nat Pagle rep!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Open water sounded like what they were aiming for, but I never trust stuff like that til I ask a number of people, we've been bait/switch played too often, lol.
Edited by Cozzene on 2/4/2013 2:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/04/2013 02:10 AMPosted by Cozzene
Open water sounded like what they were aiming for, but I never trust stuff like that til I ask a number of people, we've been bait/switch played too often, lol.

I was flying around in Kun-Lai and found a big "X" on the minimap that said the name of the location I was in.

However, I didn't see anything in the world where the X was on the minimap (but it was in the middle of a lake).

I think this might have been a location for the Tiny Carp, and it didn't show up for me because I already had it (the White Carp is from Kun-Lai I think).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
02/05/2013 05:41 AMPosted by Simca

I was flying around in Kun-Lai and found a big "X" on the minimap that said the name of the location I was in.

However, I didn't see anything in the world where the X was on the minimap (but it was in the middle of a lake).

I think this might have been a location for the Tiny Carp, and it didn't show up for me because I already had it (the White Carp is from Kun-Lai I think).

It is a fishing event you can read about it on el's anglin'.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
01/23/2013 02:56 PMPosted by Hearus
I would say delete the 2 level 1s the night you log out before patch day to be sure.

Eh, it isn't that hard to level a pet. A circuit through the Pandaren Tamers will cap any pet, and you only need 2 pets to take down any of those tamers (Chuck/Anub, or Chuck/Mini-Thor or Anub/Mini-Thor work for me).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
New build - spelling fixes abound!

New changes to build 16539:
  • Chop has a new icon.
  • Imperial Moth and Imperial Silkworm: corrected spelling for "world-reknowned".
  • Harpy Youngling: corrected spelling for "beautfiul".
  • Fluxfire Feline: corrected spelling for "Gnomergan".
  • Lil Deathwing: corrected spelling for "Destoyer".
  • Long-tailed Mole: fixed an apostrophe.
  • Scorpling: corrected spelling for "dimunitive".
  • Water Snake: corrected spelling for "Ogrimmar".
  • Lava Crab: corrected spelling for "adapatable".
  • Biletoad: corrected spelling for "mischievious".
  • Malayan Quillrat: corrected spelling for "agressors".
  • Venus: corrected spelling for "fly's".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Build 16547 (Lua files): Replaced Arcane Storm's weather animations/effects with a new one

I'll datamine Pet Journal changes later today. I'm also going to do diffs on the pet ability descriptions later to see if they've fixed the tooltip bugs.

Also, all the raptors are from the elite trolls on the Isle of Giants. They currently have 1.4 million HP each and can heal for a ton and transform into dinos doing 50% more damage, but they're not a problem for a geared player. I could cut them down with just my PTR hotkeys fairly easily, and could take 2 without dying (though admittedly I did I have to find and bind my interrupt after the first encounter with 2).

The drop rate is VERY high atm. I killed 20 in total and got ~10 pets. I got one of each kind and then duplicates to sell on the AH (for 1g, since it is the PTR and I'm nice). http://i.imgur.com/ETvqrpY.png

The raptors all have good breeds - the Kneebiter is P/B (the worst), the Anklerender is P/P, the Footslasher is P/S, and the Toenibbler is S/S. Since I got several duplicates I can confirm they all only have 1 breed (though some other pets in 5.2 - like the pandas AND THE RAID PETS!! - have multiple).

Plus they're super cute.
Edited by Simca on 2/8/2013 11:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I did the ability diffs finally! SO MANY FIXES!

Real Unannounced Ability Buffs/Nerfs
  • Deflection's (the new Reflection) cooldown has been decreased from 5 turns to 3 turns.
  • Ghostly Bite's cooldown has… decreased… from 4 turns… (to 7 turns on their notes...) to 3 turns… either they're going to nerf the living crap out of it in addition to this, or it is bugged.
  • Nevermore's cooldown has been halved from 20 turns to 10 turns.
  • Spiderling Swarm's cooldown has been increased from 3 turns to 4 turns.
  • Thunderbolt now has a 4 turn cooldown (and is AoE as was already announced).

Bug Fixes
  • Death Grip's "DATA ERROR" bug has been fixed.
  • Mangle's type indicator guidelines were removed since types don't affect buffs.

Clarifications
  • Aged Yolk and Eggnong now clarify that they remove all buffs and debuffs "from the user" only.
  • Corrosion now clarifies it has a DoT component as well as a direct damage component and a debuff.
  • Alpha Strike, Gnaw, and Tail Sweep now clarify that their bonus damage occurs "if the user is faster/slower" and not "if the user goes first/last".
  • Omnislash now clarifies that it hits "all enemy pets" and not "the enemy team".
  • Spiked Skin and Thorns now clarify that their effects trigger "from each time you take direct damage" and not "from each time you are struck".

Fixing Status Effects
  • Acidic Goo, Confusing Sting, Creeping Ooze, Poisoned Branch, Poison Fang, Poison Lash, Poison Spit, and Sting all now state in their tooltips that they cause 'Poison' effects.
  • Flame Breath, Flamethrower, and Immolate all now state in their tooltips that they cause 'Burn' effects.
  • The abilities Burn, Railgun, and Sulfuras Smash all have had the word "Burn" in their tooltips replaced with an appropriate synonym to avoid confusion with the 'Burn' status effect.
  • Brittle Webbing and Sticky Web both now state in their tooltips that they cause a 'Web' effect.
  • Flash now states in its tooltip that it causes a 'Blind' effect.

Typos
  • Dreadful Breath, Mana Surge, and Psychic Blast had their weather effects spelled out better ("Rain" and "Arcane Winds" vs "rainy" and "an Arcane Storm").
  • Arcane Storm, Burrow, Lift-Off, and Sticky Grenade's wording was changed from "turns" to "rounds".
  • 'Blind' and 'Web' effects have had their colors synchronized across all abilities (some tooltips had slightly different status effect colors).
  • Siphon Life, Spore Shrooms, Toxic Smoke, Trample, and Wild Winds had some minor grammar/syntax issues fixed.
  • Instability had a typo fixed.
Edited by Simca on 2/9/2013 9:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Acidic Goo, Confusing Sting, Creeping Ooze, Poisoned Branch, Poison Fang, Poison Lash, Poison Spit, and Sting all now state in their tooltips that they cause 'Poison' effects.

I literally got a good laugh out of this.

How many abilities are tied to poison again?

Oh thats right, zero since 5.1......
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The sound that plays when your PVP queue finishes and asks you to join a match has been correctly readded to the game.

Line 914: http://wow.go-hero.net/framexml/16562/UIParent.lua/diff
Edited by Simca on 2/10/2013 1:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A few more new changes in the latest build - with the huge gap between the changes this is probably the last set of changes before release:

• The ability Sweep now shows the "strong" and "weak" icons correctly for types that it is strong and weak against.
  • Anubisath Idol: Deflection and Sandstorm have switched positions (Deflection and Rupture now share a slot while Sandstorm and Stoneskin share another).

Also, the Living Sandling's moveset was radically rearranged (likely for similar double-shielding reasons) - every ability was moved except one.
Edited by Simca on 2/22/2013 4:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Thanks for keeping track of all this stuff. And gratz on the shout out on the front of mmo-champion.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I'll miss using double shielding on Anubisath, it was neat while it lasted, and not a lot of folks did it since it was only useful to block weak attacks. I bet we'll see a lot more players go back to the usual Rupture and Sand Storm Idol move set. Most people just use Rupture/Reflect of course today.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
Hm, some new patch notes are up today as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
  • Players may now participate in pet battle duels while in the Throne of Thunder instance.
  • Brilliant Kaliri, Jade Tentacle, Tirisfal Batling, Firefly, Jade Crane Chick, Gilnean Raven, and Shore Crawler are no longer available in multiple breeds.
  • Anubisath Idol: Sandstorm and Deflection have swapped ability positions.
  • Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Warrior
    02/25/2013 04:04 PMPosted by Hearus
    Brilliant Kaliri, Jade Tentacle, Tirisfal Batling, Firefly, Jade Crane Chick, Gilnean Raven, and Shore Crawler are no longer available in multiple breeds.

Man, this used to drive me nuts; but I fortunately got a 'good' breed Kaliri and Raven and found out the rest are kinda crappy pets.

But now; that has me worried... any idea what breed are they're changing them to?
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Priest
    BnB
    Brilliant Kaliri, Jade Tentacle, Tirisfal Batling, Firefly, Jade Crane Chick, Gilnean Raven, and Shore Crawler are no longer available in multiple breeds.

What I am really curious of is if all of them that are currently out will be changed or keep their current breeds. There could be many potential issues that arise either way they choose to with.

Edit: removed info until further testing
    Edited by Hearus on 2/25/2013 7:01 PM PST
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]