[New Thread Started]

90 Worgen Mage
02/28/2013 04:25 AMPosted by Arkhamir
What kind of turn out do you get for these events? I am considering doing single-card tarot, (a full 10 card spread takes faaaar too long to type), but as I use my actual deck instead of some random number generator, it could get draining quickly.

There were a lot of people at the first event. I'm not talking about a dozen or so, it was to the point where some folks were lagging. My original shtick was pendulum "scrying," but since I was having difficulty keeping up with the rapid chat (hey, I'm getting old), I ended up hanging out with another guildie who was recruiting.

I strongly recommend choosing a spot on the "edge" of the market (north or south end). If you start in the middle, like I did, it will be impossible to concentrate. If you're in any other chat channels, split those out in different windows if you haven't done so already. If you have a friend, bring 'em along. They can help you keep track of things you might miss (like having two customers walk up and start asking separate questions).

As someone who's done real tarot and rune readings in-game, I understand the drain. Don't be shy in taking breaks when you need to (if you have an assistant, maybe they can advertise for you while you're away). It's also a good excuse to check out the other vendors :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/28/2013 05:02 AMPosted by Vallaunius
What kind of turn out do you get for these events? I am considering doing single-card tarot, (a full 10 card spread takes faaaar too long to type), but as I use my actual deck instead of some random number generator, it could get draining quickly.

There were a lot of people at the first event. I'm not talking about a dozen or so, it was to the point where some folks were lagging. My original shtick was pendulum "scrying," but since I was having difficulty keeping up with the rapid chat (hey, I'm getting old), I ended up hanging out with another guildie who was recruiting.

I strongly recommend choosing a spot on the "edge" of the market (north or south end). If you start in the middle, like I did, it will be impossible to concentrate. If you're in any other chat channels, split those out in different windows if you haven't done so already. If you have a friend, bring 'em along. They can help you keep track of things you might miss (like having two customers walk up and start asking separate questions).

As someone who's done real tarot and rune readings in-game, I understand the drain. Don't be shy in taking breaks when you need to (if you have an assistant, maybe they can advertise for you while you're away). It's also a good excuse to check out the other vendors :)

^All of this! The turnout last time was ~amazing~. SO many people! And Like Vall said, it got to the point where some people were lagging and crashing out of the game due to the population in the harbor :P.

But all in all, it was a total blast! I did my best to get around to each vendor (of course, I didn't get to see everyone :X)... But if you do decide to set up a booth, comment here with details and things :). If you have any questions that haven't been answered already, feel free to whisper/mail me in game and I'd be more than happy to talk it out with you ^-^.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Trust me, I've never been so happy to be overwhelmed by chat before :D I couldn't believe how many people showed up. I'm really excited about the next one!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/28/2013 06:33 AMPosted by Vallaunius
Trust me, I've never been so happy to be overwhelmed by chat before :D I couldn't believe how many people showed up. I'm really excited about the next one!

EEP! Me too! I wish I could have had more in-game time to advertise for it... But lately, life has been uber crazy >_<. And us getting a new kitten gobbled up lots of time with MEGACUDDLESOFAWESOME lol and kitty shenanigans :P.

Everyone feel free to pass the event along to guildies and friends! It's community-powered, afterall :)

WOO for the next one! \o/
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
~ H i p B u m p before C l a s s ~
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Plan on being there again, but looks like I'll be helping out my guild instead of vending. The GL or another office will most likely be accompanying me, but don't know exactly who yet.

Character Name: Malchior
Vendor,Recruitment or Talent Stall: Recruitment
[If Recruitment] Guild Name you'll be recruiting for: Minstrels of Azeroth
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Plan on being there again, but looks like I'll be helping out my guild instead of vending. The GL or another office will most likely be accompanying me, but don't know exactly who yet.

Character Name: Malchior
Vendor,Recruitment or Talent Stall: Recruitment
[If Recruitment] Guild Name you'll be recruiting for: Minstrels of Azeroth

Added! ^-^ Looking forward to seeing you guys again! :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Good morning ~H i p B u m p~!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
To the first page!

*pushpush*
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Hunter
*bump*
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
\o/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Good morning bump!

o/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
To the top you go!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
*bumps*

Good morning, Wyrmrest! <3 Only about a week away :O!

For anyone wanting to be a part of the market (As a vendor or recruiter) PLEASE be sure to sign up here so i can keep track of you!

For everyone already signed up, I believe I've sent everyone a calendar invite at this point. If you haven't gotten one - let me know!

~Lily
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
*bumps to the first page* ^-^
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Character [vendor] Name: Arkhamir Ashraven
Vendor,Recruitment or Talent Stall: [If Talent] Talent Performed: Single Card Tarot Readings
GHI required [Y/N]: Nopes!
Added Information: These readings will be done with my real life deck, and as such any insight my cards choose to offer may be used by your character; I make no promises that anyone will get a good or bad fortune, as I don't know the card until it is dealt. Depending on the drain, I may or may not be taking periodic breaks throughout the event; multiple readings can be quite exhaustive, but I am hoping doing single card spreads will increase my longevity. You will most likely be able to find my stall near the Rusty Cutlass Bucaneers stall, but no garuntees!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Character [vendor] Name: Arkhamir Ashraven
Vendor,Recruitment or Talent Stall: [If Talent] Talent Performed: Single Card Tarot Readings
GHI required [Y/N]: Nopes!
Added Information: These readings will be done with my real life deck, and as such any insight my cards choose to offer may be used by your character; I make no promises that anyone will get a good or bad fortune, as I don't know the card until it is dealt. Depending on the drain, I may or may not be taking periodic breaks throughout the event; multiple readings can be quite exhaustive, but I am hoping doing single card spreads will increase my longevity. You will most likely be able to find my stall near the Rusty Cutlass Bucaneers stall, but no garuntees!

Added! Can't wait to see you there! :D As for stall placement- last time I had recruiters on one side of the dock and vendors on the other... It stayed pretty organized that way. (And guild banners stayed out of vendor-faces lol)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Bumping before bed ^-^. Hope everyone is enjoying the faire!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Morning Bump!

Next week is the big day!

A reminder to all who use GHI, please keep it updated and ready to go!
Version 2.0.22 was released a couple of weeks ago, so make sure yours is up to date. Those curious about GHI visit:

http://pilus.info/index.php?title=Main_Page

I have some wonderful items this month created in GHI that I would love to share with the community. My artifact items will primarily be "Free to Interpret" based, meaning you can do anything with them that may or may not pertain to your current character or guild story.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Morning Bump!

Next week is the big day!

A reminder to all who use GHI, please keep it updated and ready to go!
Version 2.0.22 was released a couple of weeks ago, so make sure yours is up to date. Those curious about GHI visit:

http://pilus.info/index.php?title=Main_Page

I have some wonderful items this month created in GHI that I would love to share with the community. My artifact items will primarily be "Free to Interpret" based, meaning you can do anything with them that may or may not pertain to your current character or guild story.

Thanks for the update Sadi! (And I finally remembered to go redownload it yesterday lol so I have it for next time!)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]