The state of Raiding?

90 Orc Death Knight
Hiya Archimondians,

Some friends and guild mates are considering firing up the raiding machine again and maybe getting a semi casual 10 or 25 man going again. But the feeling Im getting is that Archimonde might be too dead to actually recruit anyone to fill out a raid group.

So to the guilds still raiding - how tough is it to recruit? Are there still people looking to raid? We're not looking for server 1sts, just some people to chill with, down bosses and have fun.
Reply Quote
89 Orc Death Knight
The number of replies this has received should be a good enough answer for you mate.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
The only thing our 25 man has trouble with is finding healers. That's about the only thing you will have trouble with that I can see, unless you are restocking like 10 or 15 people to your roster.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
we have managed to stay alive through the player drought, although at times it has not been easy.

As far as recruiting goes an existing guild with solid officers and a few players who are loyal can make it here. It will take you days if not weeks to find a single viable recruit though. At least one good enough to to pull their own weight all the way to Sha of Fear. There are still a lot of player who want to raid here, the problem is they are still inexperienced in the raid environment and often don't have a clue how to prepare or are flat out turned off from teh raiding experience because the current raids are much, much, much harder than the heroics they are used too.

You won't have an easy time of it, and I wish you all the luck this server can provide, but it can be done.
Edited by Lifenite on 1/25/2013 10:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
It will be tough, but doable. Get used to the idea that if you can't fill one night for some reason, you are going to have a very hard time finding a random to pug... let alone to recruit.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
One does not return to Archimonde to raid, he comes back to retire and collect rare pets
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Consider yourselves lucky, Alliance side is a disaster. Almost no pool of people to recruit from, and anyone you do get is probably so used to LoLFR that they don't even know the mechanics since LFR ignores most of the fight mechanics. I don't even think Oneshot is pushing hard on progression anymore, but good luck if you guys can revive raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Thanks folks. I appreciate the replies. While Archimonde may not be one of the best servers out there it is certainly still home to awesome people.

Thanks again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
True!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
obama would say that our state of raiding is excellent
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
01/25/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Rockmonster
One does not return to Archimonde to raid, he comes back to retire and collect rare pets

I came back to raid, I'm sure it's possible for others as well
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Thanks folks. I appreciate the replies. While Archimonde may not be one of the best servers out there it is certainly still home to awesome people.

Thanks again.

I think I have a solution to your problem....try recruiting off other servers and looking at the WoW wide guild recruitment forum, you might be able to find people that maybe willing to transfer over.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I left here in mid March of last year. I miss the small community as compared to how large KJ is. However I do not miss the raid experience. I loved the realm for the people on it, but since I was new to raiding I was not in an established group. It was hard to get into a pug that would fill. Back then I played frost, due to the lack of raid experience. I did not want to screw up as a tank. I got so frustrated with the lack of progression, that I had to go. I was getting to do a DS every couple weeks as long as people logged on. I wanted to do more so I moved on. I found a new home and got into HM progression on the second week, after being taught many raid things of course. I feel that this server suffers because of the lack of pugging. The would be recruits are leaving for bigger servers because guilds do not have the ability to run multiple groups at all times of the week. It is a very sad thing. I feel that these smaller realms are much easier to get to recognize players by name. On KJ, I know my guildies, and a couple trade trolls. I wish the best of luck to all of you putting up with it. I don't know how much has changed since MoP, but based off of all the forums I have read, it has gotten worse, much worse.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]