J.J. Abrams said to be directing Star Wars 7!

90 Night Elf Rogue
I'm not the massive JJ fan that a lot may be, but after seeing what he did with Star Trek (as a hardcore Trek nerd), I think that Star Wars should be in excellent hands.

My personal choice would have been Joss Whedon, but I'm sure he's far too busy with Avengers 2, still.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
you make it sound as if j.j abrams has nothing to do.

he is working on a untitled cloverfield sequel,mission impossible 5,a t.v show named "believe",wunderkind,he just finished and is in post production of star trek 2 plus the other t.v shows his hand is in such as revolution,persons of interest,fringe just had thier season finale and i am sure i am missing a few other projects abrams is currently working on.

what is joss whedon doing? let's see there is the s.h.i.e.l.d t.v pilot he is working on which may or may not get picked up and then there's the avenger's 2 which isn't slated for release until 2015 from what i am told and that is pretty much it besides "in your eyes" which is already in post production.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I imagine Abrams's list of priorities currently reads as follows:

1. Trek Into Darkness
2. Star Wars (zomg still can't believe it!!1)
3-12. Meh
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
This was an interesting choice, I can actually say that I am now looking forward to the direction this project will go in.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Rogue

he is working on a untitled cloverfield sequel,mission impossible 5,a t.v show named "believe",wunderkind,he just finished and is in post production of star trek 2 plus the other t.v shows his hand is in such as revolution,persons of interest,fringe just had thier season finale and i am sure i am missing a few other projects abrams is currently working on.

what is joss whedon doing? let's see there is the s.h.i.e.l.d t.v pilot he is working on which may or may not get picked up and then there's the avenger's 2 which isn't slated for release until 2015 from what i am told and that is pretty much it besides "in your eyes" which is already in post production.

He has also been doing Dark Horse comics, as well as working on a Dr. Horrible sequel.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

He has also been doing Dark Horse comics, as well as working on a Dr. Horrible sequel.
i am not holding my breath on the dr.horrible sequel as they have been saying they were making it for years now but if they do then great.
seems everyone who would be working on the sequel is kinda busy atm but it would be nice.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i am not holding my breath on the dr.horrible sequel as they have been saying they were making it for years now but if they do then great.
seems everyone who would be working on the sequel is kinda busy atm but it would be nice.

The entire reason Dr Horrible was made was because everyone was out of work due to the writer's strike at the moment. With Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion both having a steady gig on successful TV shows, it'll be awhile before either one of them are out of work.

I doubt we'll see a sequel unti a time come when both Castle and How I Met Your Mother are off the air, or if there's another strike that suspends development on both shows.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

To be fair, JJ Abrams on most of those TV shows is fairly minimal. He's the co-creator and executive producer, which means during pre-development he was the guy interacting with the networks to get the pilot greenlit and secure funding. He hasn't been a showrunner in a long time, which means he's rarely, if ever, involved in the day-to-day operation of a show.

Fringe, for example, he hadn't really been involved with since the second season. He wrote six episodes, directed none, and that was that. He was critical in getting the show on the air, but after that he stepped back. He didn't micromanage the show like Whedon did Buffy.

The Star Trek sequel was a huge project, but no huger than Whedon's Avengers involvement. Whedon has to keep up with all the people working on the Thor/Cap America/Iron Man sequels for continuity reasons, Abrams has to work with the owners of the Star Trek franchise due to potential future TV shows, etc.

I'd say both are really equally busy over the course of the last year.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i agree that both are equally busy and that was kind of what i was trying to point out to the op when he stated that whedon was far more busy and then only listed the avenger's movie for reference.

and you are right that abrams has/had minimal input into the t.v shows but we are talking some 6-7 t.v series(not including anything else he may be planning as that guy just seems to be spitting out series after series lately) added on to the few movies he is/was working on during those times.

you bring up fringe as a good example of not having a ton of involvement and i would also like to bring up alcatraz for that same minimal involvement which has already been cancelled as well but it remains that while he did not have much day to day hands on in the operations his name is still tied to those shows and am sure he was still meeting with the people he left in charge for those shows here and there which brings the point that we both agree on and that is not one of these 2 guys could be said to be more busy than the other.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Just as long as George Lucas has nothing to do with the story.

I can't believe what he did with the last 3 movies, worst writing ever.

I'm really enjoying the new Trek films; This was one of the only films in the last couple of years that I bothered to buy the blueray of. I can't wait for the next one. I'm a fan of that Brit. "Sherlock" show, you can watch on Netflix streaming, which has the guy who will be the baddie in the next Trek movie.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Star Wars - Episode 7: Attack of the Revenge Filled Phantom Lens Flare.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
Considering Darth Maul's survival of his duel with Darth Sidious could it be possible for him to be a villain of Star Wars episode 7?

There are also rumors of Darth Vader making an appearance which is only possible if Darth Vader is a clone of the original.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Considering Darth Maul's survival of his duel with Darth Sidious could it be possible for him to be a villain of Star Wars episode 7?

There are also rumors of Darth Vader making an appearance which is only possible if Darth Vader is a clone of the original.

Wasn't Darth Maul cut in half by Obi Wan?
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
The Clone Wars show that Darth Maul survived being cut in half and has him defeated by Darth Sidious who has plans for Darth Maul.

I think Sidious is using Darth Maul as a backup incase certain plans fall through.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
He survived being cut in half and falling about 100,000 feet? How dumb. That show must have the same writers as Heroes. That's even worse than Boba Fett surviving the Sarlacc.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
Makes one wonder if Mace Windu survived falling out Darth Sidious's window............
If Sidous didn't decide to go to Mace's location and kill him on the way down while Darth Vader was killing Jedi in the Jedi Temple that is....
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Meh, he ruined Star Trek, may as well get Star Wars too, though I suppose it can't be any worse than those horrid prequels.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
So in the upcoming stand-alone Yoda movie, we will learn that Yoda and Palpatine were once BFFs on a planet named Villesmall. They named their little duo "Palz, Yo!"

Things went downhill when a young Twi'lek pole dancer came between them, causing Palpatine to seethe with jealousy and anger. He lost his ability to suppress the memories of what happened that one night on the church camping trip, when Master McTickle slipped into his tent with "thermal detonator" in hand....
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
We'll learn something much different in said Yoda movie then what you came up with I dare say(it will probably be as funny as the Ewok movies though).
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Now I hear tell that they will be making separate movies for certain characters. Boba Fett and Han Solo being the first.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]