Vrykul RP

(Locked)

90 Human Death Knight
Hello, people of the RP forums! This is Gabrades at Wyrmrest Accord. In my opinion, Wyrmrest Accord has the most good RP out of all the RP servers. But one suggestion I would make is that I think there should be more Vrykul RP! So far I'm pretty much the only active Vrykul RPer, and I think if we had more on our server, it'd be great! But I know how different/exotic races can be sometimes, some level 5 will get into it, and just trash the entire thing. But I'm advertising good Vrykul RP. Because if done right, it can be a lot of fun. Many people don't like anything different or out of the box, but if you're in a box all the time, most likely, you'll get bored. So, for any of you RPers that are bored out there, make a new character and and Vrykul RP! Or better yet, if you're not already on WrA, come over here and try us out with a new Vrykul character! I am active most of the time, so if you want, you can meet up with me in-game and RP! Thank you all for listening, and have a good one!
90 Human Death Knight
Please respond with any questions, comments or positive/negative feedback!
22 Undead Warlock
Ya see, people don't like Vrykul RP because 1) There is no known Vrykul that has ever been out of Northrend, besides the humans' ancestors, and the best RP spots in my opinion AREN'T in Northrend for the most part, and 2) no race is NEARLY tall enough to play one realistically.

But, I'm not stopping you; if you like doing it and people don't murder you, go ahead and do it. Just be mindful of WHERE you RP as one.

I probably missed something fundamental, but whatever. Bye.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Hello There, I actually would like to see Vrykul as the next playable race. But which faction would they be? I still think they should have given us Panda as Alli and Vrykul as Horde. Though Vrykul as Alli would be just as good.

At least they have definute male and female representation in game. It would be hard though to have them in the cities unless they are brought in to one of the factions. I cannot see them in any tropical region without suffering from the heat. They are definutely adjusted to the cold North.

Also where would we put the start zone? Would have to be in Northrend somewhere.
90 Dwarf Mage
01/19/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Srdotsalot
1) There is no known Vrykul that has ever been out of Northrend, besides the humans' ancestors, and the best RP spots in my opinion AREN'T in Northrend for the most part,

Actually - a small group of vrykul did leave Northrend and joined up with the Twilight's Hammer during the Cataclysm and were in the elite ranks of the Hammer.

Now, when it comes to where you RP as one... well, I do have a human warrior I recently converted into a vrykul. The character only really lived in Grizzly Hills (counting Gjalerbron as the Hills) and never really ventured off. He makes mention to the Storm Peaks as the 'Gods' Land' and is a staunch follower of the Titans (more accurately, the Watchers of Northrend).

Sadly, as Moon Guard does not get much random RP outside of Stormwind, I'm forced to have him in Stormwind. However, I explained this off thanks to a very simple question asked by a guildy:

'Whatcha doin' in this town, big guy?'
Vrykul: 'I am a follower of strength. I watched as your clans destroyed the Great King and could be stopped by no vrykul. How your people threw down the False Death God. My blades, my life, is pledged to your strength and only the Gods could break this oath.'

He views himself as part of the Alliance as if he's a new member of a Clan. He sees himself worthy of being in its clan gathering spots but tends to not tread into grounds he considers hekseriet - Darnassus, Gilneas and Exodar are both places like this where he'll refuse to go - and will actually become hostile if he's forced there.

He has a slightly different way of speaking, he's confused by much (he actually considers the Worgen to be 'Wolf-demons', and thinks technology is a mechanical science). He also isn't a fan of magic - he considers it both a weakness and something to be feared, which is also why he'll never go to Darnassus or the Exodar, and the fact that he considers Gilneas to be the spawning ground for wolf-demons causes him to stay away from there.

He also still doesn't understand this whole 'Light' thing.
01/19/2013 03:21 PMPosted by Maoseitun
1) There is no known Vrykul that has ever been out of Northrend, besides the humans' ancestors, and the best RP spots in my opinion AREN'T in Northrend for the most part,

Actually - a small group of vrykul did leave Northrend and joined up with the Twilight's Hammer during the Cataclysm and were in the elite ranks of the Hammer.

Now, when it comes to where you RP as one... well, I do have a human warrior I recently converted into a vrykul. The character only really lived in Grizzly Hills (counting Gjalerbron as the Hills) and never really ventured off. He makes mention to the Storm Peaks as the 'Gods' Land' and is a staunch follower of the Titans (more accurately, the Watchers of Northrend).

Sadly, as Moon Guard does not get much random RP outside of Stormwind, I'm forced to have him in Stormwind. However, I explained this off thanks to a very simple question asked by a guildy:

Vrykul: 'I am a follower of strength. I watched as your clans destroyed the Great King and could be stopped by no vrykul. How your people threw down the False Death God. My blades, my life, is pledged to your strength and only the Gods could break this oath.'

He views himself as part of the Alliance as if he's a new member of a Clan. He sees himself worthy of being in its clan gathering spots but tends to not tread into grounds he considers hekseriet - Darnassus, Gilneas and Exodar are both places like this where he'll refuse to go - and will actually become hostile if he's forced there.

He has a slightly different way of speaking, he's confused by much (he actually considers the Worgen to be 'Wolf-demons', and thinks technology is a mechanical science). He also isn't a fan of magic - he considers it both a weakness and something to be feared, which is also why he'll never go to Darnassus or the Exodar, and the fact that he considers Gilneas to be the spawning ground for wolf-demons causes him to stay away from there.

Off topic but I... I believe we knew one another. Does the name Niashe Harkin ring any bells?
90 Human Death Knight
Well, this guy's a little 'special'. See, since he's not a full blood, when he was born, he was abandoned to Northrend. It's really a long story so I'm just gonna abridge it, lots of important details are left out, so don't hate too much. He was taken in by the Oracles, but when wolvar raided the canopy he was transformed into a storm cloud by one of them. He flew around for a long while, not aging while in cloud form. He eventually settled down in pre-Cataclysm Gilneas. Blah blah blah, cataclysm. Death Knight crap. Eventually he ended up in Stormwind. He doesn't openly call himself a vrykul either. He's just mistaken for a really tall and buff guy. But he didn't even know he was vrykul when he landed in Gilneas. He didn't find out until later. And I want other people to make their own stories like I did, but be warned, Lore Freaks will hate you. But it's really a lot of fun, and there's lots of RP spots and gear perfect for it.
90 Human Death Knight
He's also different from other vrykul because he was abandoned by them. He considers himself better than them, for they are too proud and prideful and just threw out their own offspring if they were too small.
90 Dwarf Mage
01/19/2013 11:19 PMPosted by Amorene

Off topic but I... I believe we knew one another. Does the name Niashe Harkin ring any bells?

The name sounds extremely familiar.

I might not know you on my vrykul character but I've had... quite a few characters that I might have seen you on. All depends on where you might know me from!

I might not know you on my vrykul character but I've had... quite a few characters that I might have seen you on. All depends on where you might know me from!

I was a death knight who'd spend her not-killing-Scourge time hanging in bars and grossing living people out by being undead. Jagged, rotting teeth, foul smell, morbid sense of humour, etc. She basically feigned happiness all the time so that she could get the sadistic pleasure of making people cringe.
Edited by Amorene on 1/22/2013 2:04 PM PST
90 Dwarf Mage

I was a death knight who'd spend her not-killing-Scourge time hanging in bars and grossing living people out by being undead. Jagged, rotting teeth, foul smell, morbid sense of humour, etc. She basically feigned happiness all the time so that she could get the sadistic pleasure of making people cringe.

Don't... think so.

Maybe.

Where do you think you know me from?
90 Tauren Paladin
01/20/2013 12:57 PMPosted by Gabrades
Well, this guy's a little 'special'.

Just a little?

Here's the rest of the part the OP left out.

09/12/2012 04:36 AMPosted by Gabrades
The Frostwyrm Legion's history derives from long ago when vrykul thrived, before they came to worship the Lich King. Gabrades's great ancestor thought that he could unite members of all clans under one banner, for when the Legion became stronger than the remaining members of the clans, he would strike. They devised ingenious schemes for conquest in secret so no one would have a clue when they striked. But the day the plans were to be put in action, the leader was murdered. The legion fell apart, especially when they disappeared to worship the Lich King. Tons of years later, the heir to the army emerges and is now bringing back the great legion!

01/20/2013 12:57 PMPosted by Gabrades
And I want other people to make their own stories like I did, but be warned, Lore Freaks will hate you.

I don't think it's so much the Lore as it is your character just has Sue written all over it.
90 Human Death Knight
1. Doesn't know what 'Sue' is.
2. I was sugarcoating/exaggerating it when I said, 'little'.
3. All of is possible. I've checked the lore and nothing's against it, if someone out there wants to point out a problem, I'm all ears. I always listen to people pointing out problems, so that way I can improve my character and RP skills.

(Might sound hostile, but I don't want any trouble! :D)
Your story is nonsensical and insane. Half-breed with what? How the hell did they turn him into a cloud for so many years? How did he get into Gilneas, precisely, since he's not a cloud at that point? This is just the surface
90 Orc Warrior
Actually I wish Blizzard would make Vyrkul a playable, neutral race with faction selection up to the player.
90 Human Death Knight
01/30/2013 07:30 AMPosted by Everen
Your story is nonsensical and insane. Half-breed with what? How the hell did they turn him into a cloud for so many years? How did he get into Gilneas, precisely, since he's not a cloud at that point? This is just the surface

Calm down. You're getting WAY to worked up over this. But, if you want to hear the full story, feel free to meet me in-game! ;D
90 Tauren Paladin
01/30/2013 07:30 AMPosted by Everen

This was what I was pretty much talking about, your character does a lot of things that normal characters aren't/don't do normally.

A Mary Sue though is;
A fictional character, usually female and especially in fanfic, whose implausible talents and likeableness weaken the story.

It's okay to have unique ideas and concepts but some things are just over the top that detract from the character overall.

3. All of is possible. I've checked the lore and nothing's against it,

I've read up on a lot of lore in my time playing this game, I've never heard of people turning into clouds or Vrykul half breeds. It just doesn't make a lick of sense.

Calm down. You're getting WAY to worked up over this. But, if you want to hear the full story, feel free to meet me in-game! ;D

I'm advertising good Vrykul RP.

No. No you aren't.

You've broken lore into pieces and made a storyline in which the world generally serves your character regardless of what the universe in which your character is written says is within the realm of possibility (for example: the gorloc Oracles aren't very intelligent, let alone capable of turning ANYONE into a cloud for thousands of years).

Something else you failed to notice, the vrykul were in slumber for thousands of years (like Loken did to the Earthen) and were only awakened about two years ago - their settlements were nothing but empty ruins until then.

All adult vrykul who are currently alive were in slumber for thousands of years.

01/19/2013 07:57 AMPosted by Gabrades
Many people don't like anything different or out of the box, but if you're in a box all the time, most likely, you'll get bored.

You are the very definition of a "special snowflake". A character whose entire identity is wrapped around being as special and unique as possible because you can't be bothered to actually think outside of the box.

Instead, you give off the illusion that you are thinking outside of the box by throwing around a lot of strange ideas that often make no sense yet manage to make your character "different" from everyone else.

Know what thinking outside of the box looks like? It looks like a character who is defined by the personality he or she portrays and how he or she interacts with the world. This "turned into a cloud, half-breed, stayed in Gilneas, yet is also somehow a death knight" garbage just makes you look special.

I haven't seen a single explanation of how this impacts his world nor a logical progression of choices in your story.

Why did he settle in Gilneas? It had nothing in common with his homeland and was full of people who would see him as an invader and try to send him out of their kingdom. Until the cataclysm, the Gilneans were so prideful and xenophobic, they built a WALL to stop people from bothering them.

How and WHY did the gorlocs turn HIM into a cloud if they had that kind of magic? Why didn't they save themselves and their children with that magic? Why did it stop his aging? How did he reform from VAPOUR?!

How is he a death knight? That happened almost a full year before the cataclysm in lore! And if he's a death knight, did he turn back into a cloud?

Is he part of the Ebon Blade like ALL death knights should be after the "death knight crap"? Does that cloud effect just not wear off?

Did he decide to go to Gilneas for the year between the Battle for Light's Hope and the cataclysm instead of helping the Ebon Blade against the Scourge?

What is the other half of his parentage?

And I'm not asking these questions because I am interested in your character. I ask them rhetorically because all of those plot-holes make no sense. There's no clear character development.

In short, no. I will not be RPing a vrykul with you.
Edited by Amorene on 2/1/2013 10:06 AM PST
Ouch.
90 Worgen Warrior
If I may, I'll try and give you a story to save your character, Gabrades.

He was the heir to a mighty legion who's leader was assassinated before their great march for victory and subsequent dispersion. He entered sleep with the other Vrykul to... well whatever reason they all went to sleep, I haven't really read up on their lore too much.

With the reawakening of the others, Gabrades was brought back and entered the service of the Lich King, quickly demonstrating skill and power enough to earn him a place in Arthas' service as a Death Knight. But he retained his pride and was always watching for a chance to gain power to challenge the Death God and become the head of his Legion one more.

After the fall of Arthas he gained his full freedom of will and joined with the Ebon Blade knights. Through the Ebon Blade he was able to devote his strength to the Alliance and gain their trust with his power and skill. All of these actions have been a front, however, as he still seeks to regain his lost glory and power from thousands of years ago.

There ya go, simple and I tried to keep (in my opinion) the important stuff in. No clouds, no gorloc or wolvar involvement (which I'm not even sure were around when the Vrykul were awake) and you could possibly try some of that half-breed stuff if you were set on it somewhere.
Edited by Kalipsia on 2/1/2013 11:00 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]