Holy pally haste question

90 Human Paladin
How much haste should i be aiming for before it becomes pointless to add more?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7593619672

Should have your answer.

That being said, if your group runs without a 5% spell haste raid buff, you should typically aim for at least 1936 Haste rating for an additional tick on Eternal Flame. If you have this buff, then 0 rating is necessary to reach this plateau, and you would need 3506 (5806 without the buff D-: ) to reach the next one. I would not bother reaching 3k+ Haste at this point in the expansion - the tradeoff just isn't worth it, you would lose too much Mastery and would be gaining a stat that isn't mana-efficient.
Edited by Nasonia on 1/20/2013 4:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
ty
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I noticed you're using Sacred Shield. For the SS spec, you need 10% haste for the initial extra tick of the shield which you'll get by using Seal of Insight. For another tick, you'll need to be at 30% haste, so 10% from insight, 5% from your raid, and 15% from gear. That's a pretty steep mark to try to make.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/20/2013 04:52 PMPosted by Nasonia
I noticed you're using Sacred Shield. For the SS spec, you need 10% haste for the initial extra tick of the shield which you'll get by using Seal of Insight. For another tick, you'll need to be at 30% haste, so 10% from insight, 5% from your raid, and 15% from gear. That's a pretty steep mark to try to make.

Yeah. To be honest, unless your group regularly runs without the 5% Haste buff and you need to manage the 1936 plateau, I just wouldn't worry about Haste plateaus this tier.

Haste is still valuable on its own merits - reducing cast times and GCD's is still very useful, but just not important enough to overtake Mastery or (obviously) Spirit.

edit: Also Sammye, I notice you're on my server, feel free to shoot me a tell if you need help with Holy Pally stuff. Much of my "playtime" is spent tabbed out to forums answering threads like this anyways, it's not much of a change to do so in-game.
Edited by Tailias on 1/20/2013 10:28 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]