Mouseover Macros Stopped Working

90 Blood Elf Priest
I logged into the game this evening to discover that my mouseover macros have stopped working. I recently switched to another computer and do not have any 3rd party add-ons currently applied to the game. I have switched my keyboard and mouse twice in hopes that perhaps it was a driver issue, but yielded the same results. I do not believe the wording on the macro is incorrect for I have used the same macros for quite a few years, and today have had other players check one of the macros on their systems to not have any issue.

Just in case, here is one of the macros I employ
#showtooltip Greater Heal
/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Greater Heal; Greater Heal

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by Chìgusa on 1/20/2013 6:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I don't think they removed any functionality like that, but I know the norm is now the character saving "@mouseover" "@target" "@focus"

other than that I am at a loss as well. hope that works
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
#showtooltip Greater Heal
/cast [@mouseover, exists] Greater Heal; Greater Heal

then again, you macro also worked for me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
No luck on either end. Thank you for the help ;_; Any other ideas?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Thank you to all who helped, the issue was resolved :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
what was the solution? I am actually having trouble with a similar charge macro now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
If you put this macro on a mouse button it won't work, that could have been the issue.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I am just trying to get a simple macro to work /focus [target=mouseover,harm] and i cant even get that to work all i want is the focus -.- please help
Reply Quote
I am just trying to get a simple macro to work /focus [target=mouseover,harm] and i cant even get that to work all i want is the focus -.- please help

If you put this macro on a mouse button it won't work...
Reply Quote
If your issue is binding a macro to a mouse button, you will need a program that remap mouse buttons to keyboard keys. Just google "mouse button remapping" and you will find those programs. What will happen is: you press a mouse button, that program intercept the mouse key press and sends a keyboard key press to WoW. If that keyboard key is bound to some macro then the macro will work with the mouse button.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]