Prot Paladin: Challenge mode question (stats)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
The gear I have equiped is what I'm using for challenge modes, I've done 5 of them with Gold without huge hurdles. I have 2 of the hardest ones imo and 2 pretty ez ones left as of right this moment we are attempting scarlet monastery; the huge pull in the hallway after the first boss still makes my butt tightin up :P but is doable the main question I had before I do this for raiding;

Is a haste build viable for challenge modes i.e. If i regem and switch out some of my gear with haste/mastery gear will it cause me to take way more dmg with the loss of dodge/parry. With my current limit on gear I would end up with maybe 4-5k Haste.

Paladin Challenge modes: 5/9 Gold
Death Knight challenge M: 9/9 Gold
Both tank roles.
Paladin tank Team: Prot pally, MW monk, ele shaman, warlock, & either (A: hunter or B: fury warrior)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I've done it with both setups. My first time thru I went with a hit/exp cap'd build and the rest into mastery.

I've currently swapped to the haste build for current end game tanking, and just never change gems/enchants when I go back to help guildies get their golds, and it works just as fine. There are some pulls that I feel as though a mastery build would be better than a haste build, but choosing one over the other will not keep you from getting golds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]