The Wandering Isle

Hello, I have a question about the wandering island...

If the wandering island is...wandering...how the heck does it's ecosystem stay stable? I mean, certainly the island is going to be in different locations, and the flora and fauna would have to be quite adaptable to survive whatever the winds (both literally and figuratively) throw at it.

Also: How big is the Wandering Island, anyway? It'd have to be a pretty big turtle. What does Shen Zin Zu eat anyway if it's living (as evidenced by the blood)? The turtle must have a big appetite.

Meditate on this.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/21/2013 02:13 PMPosted by Kheldren
If the wandering island is...wandering...how the heck does it's ecosystem stay stable?

I would imagine that the naturally occurring ecosystem sustains itself via similar climates to the turtle's species, as such that turtle wouldn't likely go into areas that it (and by extention it's ecosystem) couldn't survive in.

How big is the Wandering Island, anyway?

Enormous, for a small look at the size of the turtle, a pandaren hot air balloon was ruffly the equivalent height of his pupil, beyond that though, we don't have much to measure the scale.

What does Shen Zin Zu eat anyway if it's living (as evidenced by the blood)?

I would imagine that he sustains himself off of plankton and whatever happens to go inside of his mouth when he opens it underwater.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
If the wandering island is...wandering...how the heck does it's ecosystem stay stable? I mean, certainly the island is going to be in different locations, and the flora and fauna would have to be quite adaptable to survive whatever the winds (both literally and figuratively) throw at it.

Magic
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
How come the Naga have never attacked it? I mean, they attack almost every land-dweller, but not the pandaren?

And when I say attack, I mean a full-scaled invasion.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Presumably, the same mists that kept everyone else out.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
It's as if you enjoy ruining stories that are created purely for fun and charm.
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock
01/21/2013 05:15 PMPosted by Ethenil
And when I say attack, I mean a full-scaled invasion.

No real reason to. First of, there's no beach or water bed on the Wondering Isle, everything is elevated from the sea level, while you can get off and on the turtle via water, it gives Pandaren a massive advantage when the Naga have trouble climbing onto it.

Second, the Naga may not want to attack it, they may not know people live on it, or don't care because their interests are primarly the land they used to own, not some turtle people.

Third, maybe they have, and failed so they don't try again.
Reply Quote
91 Troll Shaman
cause turtles eat naga for breakfast and afternoons
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]