Blizzard and Movie's

100 Night Elf Hunter
I see opening movies for Warcraft,Diablo,Starcraft etc. Most of us are left slack jawed from seeing some of them so question Blizz and I truly believe even your Developers would agree why not make full scale Movie theater movies CGI animated from start to finish. Its obvious that your cinematics exceed those used in Final Fantasy CGI movie and with your already large fan base why not do it come on Blizz allow me to see a Starcraft movie. Reason im now asking is I just saw the new Queen of Blade's movie blown away was an understatement I wanted "MORE" say about 2 and half Hours "MORE" please Blizz though im sure the cost may be alot to make it I almost promise this or any of your other games made full scale CGI movie would be right up there with Star Wars and no to date myself I saw that movie when it came out 7 times and this opening movie had me feeling like that again so hopefully this will happen one day thx
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Comparing Star Wars with a WoW movie is a pretty bold statement....

I think it would be more on par with a Final Fantasy straight to DvD release.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
FF was garbage completely strayed from the game story line. Maybe im dating myself here but I remember seeing the blizz flicks from Diablo to SC to WoW and watched as with newer technology the intro's became even more crisp and still stayed with the story line not saying SW didn't but i'd be willing to bet any of the games I listed converted to a movie be it Diablo,SC, or WoW made by Blizz and not Hollywood the box office numbers would come pretty close at least to SW opening numbers xD
Reply Quote
I liked Starship Troopers. Wait thats not what this is about! Or is it...... /tinfoil hat
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Paladin
01/25/2013 09:40 PMPosted by Larsus
FF was garbage completely strayed from the game story line. Maybe im dating myself here but I remember seeing the blizz flicks from Diablo to SC to WoW and watched as with newer technology the intro's became even more crisp and still stayed with the story line not saying SW didn't but i'd be willing to bet any of the games I listed converted to a movie be it Diablo,SC, or WoW made by Blizz and not Hollywood the box office numbers would come pretty close at least to SW opening numbers xD

You do realize that there were more Final Fantasy movies than just The Spirits Within (which I acutally went to see in the theater when it came out, and I enjoyed it), right? Advent children picked up where 7 left off, and Crystal Chronicles was an anime that kind of followed 5.

As far as comparing the numbers that SW generates and saying that a WoW/Diablo/SC movie would have similar opening revenue- no. WoW is extremely popular as far as MMORPG's are concerned. It isn't as popular as a lot of single player games and doesn't even come close to being as popular or with as large of a following as the series that spawned from the first blockbuster movie. Before Star Wars, movies just didn't make money like that. With all of the people that have put creativity into the expanded universe over the last 35 or so years and the huge fanbase that exists, you could make almost anything and slap a star wars logo on it and generate a lot of money.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]