PoH needs to go!... and other Priest ideas.

I don't understand the aversion to dropping a new AE heal mid-expansion. Certainly other specs have seen some new flavour added with 5.2? Windwalker with Storm, Earth & Fire for example.

Edit: I also like the whole Prayer of Refuge idea, sounds interesting.

That was just a lame excuse.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/20/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Ceddya
PoH has always felt clunky to me - what with its group only restriction and 30 yard group range. It is the only spell whose usefulness depends on how the raid is organized and whose output drops if some in the group dies or is out of range. Frankly, PoH feels outdated and needs an overhaul.

I am partial to your idea about it's restriction to groups, but it also has its benefits. If you took away its group only capacities, and started SS/PoH the raid, then it would continue to SS the player who's life is less than everyone elses making their shell 250k and now overshielding - while another player is missing out on getting the shell. It's also super simple and nice in cases where everyone IS stacked or semi stacked. You may say its boring, but I dont propose to just toss it all together.

This spell would basically serve as the inverse of Mind Sear. It would heal for as much as a Disc Priest's PoH and have a 3 second channel with 4 ticks. The range of the spell would obviously be 40 yards and would be a smart heal that targets any raid member within 20 yards of the initial target.

I like your idea, but tbh, THIS sounds clunky. If theres anything I hate more than lag in game and nerfing DA, its channeling. Please no channels....please. They are often not mana efficient. If I start channeling and break channel because tanks about to die, I've just suffered the cost of the channel and am penalized. Plus - I just hate channels :P.

With Inner Will up, you'd get SS/PoH. It would function exactly the way it does now, except that with PoH completely removed from our toolkit, it allows for greater balancing of SS without too adversely affecting our raid healing abilities.

Conversely, with Inner Fire up, you'd get SS/<single target heal>. My initial thought is to make it a 1.5s cast for PvP purposes.

Interesting that you thought of it THIS way...I would have turned it around and made Inner fire with SS/PoH, and Inner will with SS/ST heals. Especially since our more efficient ST heal is current PWS and many priests will likey use Will if they are going to be doing a lil' more PWS of raids than they used to for the mana discount.

4) As it stands, it's quite impossible to trigger every AA on cooldown,

You're wrong here btw. I do it all the time. Use AA prior to SS/PoH. AA on 30 second timer, SS on 60 second timer. AA when it comes up again. The two timers should now be exactly the same.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
01/22/2013 03:50 AMPosted by Barthom

Nope.

why am i arguing with you I saw the data myself, I WISH I COULD POST ACTUAL PICTURES HERE SO YOU IDIOTS WOULD SHUTUP

Nothing is stopping you from screenshotting and posting a link. I've looked back at old data and I'd love to see how you're managing to find Holy Priests at the bottom consistently.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/22/2013 06:10 AMPosted by Pradaxa
This spell would basically serve as the inverse of Mind Sear. It would heal for as much as a Disc Priest's PoH and have a 3 second channel with 4 ticks. The range of the spell would obviously be 40 yards and would be a smart heal that targets any raid member within 20 yards of the initial target.

I like your idea, but tbh, THIS sounds clunky. If theres anything I hate more than lag in game and nerfing DA, its channeling. Please no channels....please. They are often not mana efficient. If I start channeling and break channel because tanks about to die, I've just suffered the cost of the channel and am penalized. Plus - I just hate channels :P.

To combat the penalty for interrupting Channels Bliz has implemented a system in MOP that helped out a lot with this. Look at mist weaver monks. Their soothing mists has an initial cost and a cost/tick. For example It could cost 1.33% initially and 1.33% per tick for up to 3 ticks. With a tick frequency of 0.833 sec.

While this is an interesting concept I would not like light sear to be a filler aoe heal, I too do not like channels yet the idea is interesting.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/22/2013 03:50 AMPosted by Barthom
why am i arguing with you I saw the data myself, I WISH I COULD POST ACTUAL PICTURES HERE SO YOU IDIOTS WOULD SHUTUP

Perhaps the data you're looking at isn't the data we're looking at. You should post screenshots.

Also:

01/21/2013 09:46 PMPosted by Skootalloo

Nope.

To back this up:

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/10H/all/14/60/default/#0000000000000000000000000000111111
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/10H/all/14/60/default/#0000000000000000000000000000111111

Holy parses pretty well overall. Issue that makes it look low?

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/10H/all/14/60/samples/#0000000000000000000000000000000110

Low number of people playing Holy. There are ~8 times as many Disc samples as Holy samples. Same reason Frost and Arcane Mages parsed so low at the beginning of Mists.

Skoot already explained it to you, but I guess you ignored her post because you didn't like her conclusions.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Anyway, moving on to Holy. Once again, the same issue crops up - preventing the heavy reliance on one spell alone.

1) I would reduce the healing boost from the respective Chakras, with each only providing a 10% boost to their respective type of heal.

No, please shut up

STAHP

holy has, for as long as raidbot can reference, consistently been at the bottom of the meters for the last two years. People say meters don't matter, as a rule this would be correct because every spec is going to have its ups and downs and there will always be a fotm. Holy, however, is a special case where once you have consistently been the bottom of the meter for TWO DAM YEARS, with a downward trend to boot, its time for people saying "cut holy's healing by 15% to politely S.T.F.U

Thank you for your ideas on how to deal with a broken class by first suggesting to reduce its healing output further. However, holy does not need any help in being raped by patches and we would thank you to keep your mouth shut before Blizz gets anymore bright ideas.

Good god.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Prayer of Refuge - 10 sec cooldown - Instant Cast
Surrounds 4 of the most injured allies in a protective shield that absorbs X damage. Lasts 6 sec. When the shield breaks or its duration ends, the shield bursts healing all allies within 15 yards of each target for Y health.

I like.

Now THAT'S an awesome idea!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Any ideas as to how a smart-heal reincarnation of PoH would interact with SS? PoH simply returning to a party-based heal while SS is active is what I've seen suggested most frequently, however this feels like lazy and uninteresting design... of course that's just me.
Edited by Amnesty on 1/28/2013 9:37 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]