Question about Ret Tier 15 4pc set bonus.

90 Human Paladin
The latest notes show that the 4 peice bonus has changed to: "Your Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous have a X% chance to cause your next Divine Storm to also strike its primary target with a Lightning Bolt for Y Nature damage."

For starters, I love it. I miss using Divine Storm in single target boss fights.

My first question is: Is there an onscreen proc (simular to the Art of War animation) so we can see that the bonus is available in the heat of battle? Looking at our Buffs can be difficult, espically when we have trinkets etc filling up the buff display.

My second question is: Why Nature damage, why not holy? Could the proc be a super buffed Smite?

And for my fantasy of the day; could we slighlty change to bonus by adding the following at the end "... and cost no Holy Power"?

Thanks in adavnce for any response.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
It was (thankfully) reverted as of Thursday - I think? - to the original HolyTV set bonus.

But the proc was made to be nature damage to fit thematically with the "Thunder King" raid, just like we created a fire DoT from CS with 2pT12 in Firelands.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/21/2013 07:35 AMPosted by Grôgnárd
But the proc was made to be nature damage to fit thematically with the "Thunder King" raid, just like we created a fire DoT from CS with 2pT12 in Firelands.

That may explain why is Nature (and not fire, frost, arcane etc.), but doesnt explain why isnt Holy.

Is not Holy because of Inquisition and the 2pc bonus (which would raise its damage to 137,8%), therefore they made nature so its damage is more controllable and consistently.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
No, it was nature because the proc when the bonus was for DS was a lightning bolt - lightning in WoW is nature damage.

It's all moot, though, since it was reverted to full HolyTVs.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
May just be adding to the nonsense, but I think that they didn't want the lightning bolt proc to gain damage from Inquisition (30% holy damage increase.) Can't remember if I read that somewhere, or it just came from the shadows in the back of my brain.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It could just as easily have been Holy damage, but they'd have still wanted the value of the set bonus to be the same, so they'd have had to reduce it to 200% weapon damage or something instead of 255%.

And yeah, this is all extremely moot. :p
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/21/2013 03:51 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
No, it was nature because the proc when the bonus was for DS was a lightning bolt - lightning in WoW is nature damage.

"We could change the proc to Holy damage, but we would have to nerf it to account for the Item - Paladin T15 Retribution 2P Bonus and Inquisition."

http://www.wowhead.com/news=210035/5-2-ptr-audio-spoilers-and-transcript-throne-of-thunder-weapons#ghostcrawler116-paladin

I actually liked the second one. Our rotation, specially in PvE, can be too static sometimes.
Edited by Syros on 1/22/2013 4:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Okay, I'll give you that one; I must have read right past it.

But if the DSBolt had been Holy, that one button press would have been much too huge. We're talking something over 400% weapon damage as Holy, whereas the HolyTV is only slightly over 300%. Now, granted, the DSBolt as nature is still bordering on 400% weapon on paper, but the nature damage would get reduced by armor and it would also lose the benefits of Inq and the 2p. And all that is before adding in mastery, Inq on the mastery, and 2p on the mastery.

All in all, HolyTV is the stronger bonus.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
so...r they tring to take TV out of the rotation
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/28/2013 02:06 PMPosted by Nualste
so...r they tring to take TV out of the rotation

No, they reverted the DSBolt bonus; we're once again getting full Holy TVs from the four-piece.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
2pc exorcism does extra damga over so many seconds
4pc ur cs makes ur tv cast for all holydamage
r they just sticking with this then
cause i like this
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
ok cool ty
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Yes. There was enough explosion at the DSBolt that theygave us back HolyTV.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
wish we could see all the new gear that drops from all the new bosses in the new raid if anyone knows of one plz link
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
if their doin the whole TV way would we go back to the whole strength /mix gems instead of the haste ones
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Not likely. More haste means more Holy Power faster, means more frequent TVs; and the HolyTVs should be boosted by Inq.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]