Pally against Divine Purpose being baseline

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/287276234394722305

On there ghostcrawler says pally don't like the ability even if it was baseline. I thought the issue with it was that we had to mastery for it, and then talent for it.

Are there really any pally out there against it being baseline but triggering a bit less?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yes
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well if it means we get nerfed to compensate, yeah. I like being able to have the reliability of my stronger CDs for Raids, but DP is nice in more casual situations.

If we don't get a nerf to compensate, of course no one would be against it. Who doesn't want free buffs?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
In its current incarnation, maybe. I think the majority of Rets are mostly just hesitant after the horribleness that it was in Cata. Frankly, I'd balk at it far less if it were put on the new RPPM system instead of the wackily sporadic proc chance.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
It was RNG as hell in cata because we had such a small amount of HP generators, and a pool of 3HP.

It would be fine now in MoP with haste scaling our HP generation AND having 5hp to pool at. Any Ret who thinks our rotation would be hard if DP was baseline must have rerolled from Arcane Mage. We have one of the easiest rotations DP would just be something fun to have.

inb4R3tishardandIcanthandlehavingsomethingelsetowatchbesidesInqthatissoooohardtomanageQQ
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Blizz says our damage is where they want it right now, this means a buff like a baseline DP comes with a nerf. The end. I don't see why this is so hard to wrap your heads around.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If they are going to do something to buff our sustained *fingers crossed*, I'd much rather they implement something that is more stable and predictable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yes, I like it right where it is.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would rather see the DP talent changed to offer more reliability, which is the major issue with its current incarnation. If it's chance to proc off of itself was removed and it's chance to proc off of a finisher was increased, it would more adequately provide a sustained damage option for the players who want it with out effecting those that don't.

I for one don't want to be balanced around the chance of having X% more WoGs or X% more TVs. Time and Time again this game had proven that having reliable sources of damage and survivability is more important than theoretical sources of damage and survivability.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Completely against it. I don't mind Divine Purpose when we are on farm content or dicking around through 5mans and LFR but I love my Holy Avenger <3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It was RNG as hell in cata because we had such a small amount of HP generators, and a pool of 3HP.

It would be fine now in MoP with haste scaling our HP generation AND having 5hp to pool at. Any Ret who thinks our rotation would be hard if DP was baseline must have rerolled from Arcane Mage. We have one of the easiest rotations DP would just be something fun to have.

inb4R3tishardandIcanthandlehavingsomethingelsetowatchbesidesInqthatissoooohardtomanageQQ

Yeah, I think so too.

01/21/2013 10:41 PMPosted by Retsu
Blizz says our damage is where they want it right now, this means a buff like a baseline DP comes with a nerf. The end. I don't see why this is so hard to wrap your heads around.

wow you got piss over something like that? lol, it was simply to see if there are people other there against it.

Completely against it. I don't mind Divine Purpose when we are on farm content or dicking around through 5mans and LFR but I love my Holy Avenger <3

What does it have to do with Holy Avenger? lol
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
My wanting of DP to become baseline has little to do with damage output or the complexity of our rotation. I simply enjoyed the added level of unpredictability that it provided in Cataclysm, and I'd like to have that back.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/23/2013 12:37 AMPosted by Covahredro
Gees you ppl scare easily.

Disagreeing with the incredibly specific method you've fixated on to address a particular issue, because we think it isn't a very good method to address that issue, isn't "getting scared". It's just disagreeing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My dislike for Cataclysm DP is strong enough that I don't want to see it baseline.

I also don't want to see a gimpy version of current, non-sucky DP become baseline, because...it'd be gimpy. Maybe if we had GoAK nerfed down to compensate for the higher sustained damage, or perhaps AW weakened slightly, then DP wouldn't need to be gutted, but frankly I'd rather not risk it. Retribution is low-average in raids right now, and it wouldn't take much to send us into the Non-Viable Spec depths.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Gees you ppl scare easily.

Disagreeing with the incredibly specific method you've fixated on to address a particular issue, because we think it isn't a very good method to address that issue, isn't "getting scared". It's just disagreeing.

This.

If you remove it as a talent, it ceases to become a choice the reward is diminished. If DP became baseline, one of 2 things would have to happen:

1.) the proc chance will be severely nerfed
2.) our other damage abilities and finishers will be rebalanced around this new baseline resource proc

Both could also happen.

And this.

People seem to think Blizzard would just magically throw the current talented form of DP too us as it is baseline.

That's ridiculous, it may be the weakest of the three choices in that Tier but it's not so weak that throwing it too us in it's current form with no type of nerf whatsoever wouldn't be very overpowered.

And it would introduce an unstable and RNG reliant element into our spec to be balanced around and many do not want that again.

With it's current proc system it is far better off as a talent, to make it baseline it would have to be redesigned into something more reliable and predictable to not be a balancing nightmare on Blizzards part and a RNG playstyle nightmare on our part.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 1/23/2013 1:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Setting the issue of RNG aside for a moment, I've yet to see even an attempt to show that baseline DP would in fact fix the issue at hand. Is it a large enough and reliable enough DPS boost to make up the perceived deficiency? Is it a small enough one to not require counterbalancing elsewhere? What should take that spot in the talent tree? How will that affect Prot and Holy?

I'm don't think it's a good fix; I'm not convinced it even IS a fix! Provide some solid reasoning or evidence that it would do what you want, rather than just handwaving that away, and you'll have a much stronger argument. Or, if in the process of constructing that argument you find that the evidence doesn't support it, you can revise the idea and have both a stronger argument and a better suggestion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]