If you do not RP here...

100 Blood Elf Mage
01/22/2013 06:49 PMPosted by Tîmelord
RPvP servers tend to have the best communities.

I started with a vanilla account with the BC launch. Most realms had huge waiting lines to log on and Ravenholdt did not.

And it had a great community.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Why did you roll here?

Not looking for a quarrel, just genuinely curious.

I rolled here because this is the realm the person who invited me to play played on. And when i left to a straight pvp server i discovered that I just couldnt stand the ridiculous nonRP names people were allowed to choose and get away with. And before you point out my name, i had no idea what a nurple was when i chose this name, i just figured night elves are purple ... night elf ...purple .... nurple. I had no idea it was a nipple twister. wish i could change it but not worth the $25 or w/e money.

Amen on the names.
Reply Quote
Am I the only one here avoiding CRZs? I'm not opposed to RP with anyone who initiated, however, I've yet to see anyone try.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/01/2013 05:19 PMPosted by Briefs
Am I the only one here avoiding CRZs? I'm not opposed to RP with anyone who initiated, however, I've yet to see anyone try.

If you would consider giving RP a couple of rounds I suggest installing an add-on such as MyRolePlay (seems to be the general consensus at this point, due to another popular one no longer being updated). This will allow you to stylize your name a bit and specify your RP type (casual, full-time, beginner, etc) while also displaying your character status (In-Character, Out-of-Character). Then just keep your eyes out for other people using the add-on and BAM! RP in your face.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MrP2qwix_g
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Rogue
I've been on this realm for a year and I've never seen anyone RP yes its a RP/PVP realm but I only really see pvp been thinking of transfering tho. reason why i went on this realm is because i had a few friends over here but they transfered to the place im swich to. The thing is RH the RP is so rare...unless your in an RP guild. If all you want is rp then I suggest you xfer to another realm.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
02/04/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Lunarosa
I've been on this realm for a year and I've never seen anyone RP yes its a RP/PVP realm but I only really see pvp been thinking of transfering tho. reason why i went on this realm is because i had a few friends over here but they transfered to the place im swich to. The thing is RH the RP is so rare...unless your in an RP guild. If all you want is rp then I suggest you xfer to another realm.

Or help pull the wagon instead of expecting to be carried in it. RP is proactive.

Anyway, enjoy your new home!

:)
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid

I rolled here because this is the realm the person who invited me to play played on. And when i left to a straight pvp server i discovered that I just couldnt stand the ridiculous nonRP names people were allowed to choose and get away with. And before you point out my name, i had no idea what a nurple was when i chose this name, i just figured night elves are purple ... night elf ...purple .... nurple. I had no idea it was a nipple twister. wish i could change it but not worth the $25 or w/e money.

Amen on the names.

There are so many times I've considered going on a name-reporting spree ... but then I'd be too busy reporting to play the game.
Reply Quote
58 Gnome Death Knight

No,,you are not alone as a CRZ refugee.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 02:20 PMPosted by Stonzgrinda

Or help pull the wagon instead of expecting to be carried in it. RP is proactive.

Anyway, enjoy your new home!

:)

I second this.

Sometimes it is difficult to find RP, if you're unaware of the community and don't know where to start. However, I feel like the RPers of Ravenholdt have tried very hard to create a sense of RP on the server, as much as we can. Ravenholdt isn't very populated to begin with and the dedicated RP community is even smaller, so we can't overwhelm everyone with RP all the time. While many of the amazing people on Ravenholdt are open to RP, you have to remember that not very many are IC all the time or actively pursuing RP randomly. So that makes it even more unrealistic to walk around and expect random RP to spring up everywhere.

With that said, there are some key things you can do to find the RPers.

1) Join the global RP channel (/Horde or /RP for Horde and Alliance respectively). This is an OOC channel where RPers just hang out. It helps you get to know the people who are actively interested in RP on the server.

2) Stop by the Ravenholdt Sanctum (ravenholdt.us). A lot of RPers hang out here and this is where we try to come up with ideas to build up RP on the server. Not all RPers spend time here, but our goal is to provide some place for us to collaborate and work together. We would love your input.

3) Know the RP guilds. Does it help to be in an RP guild to find RP? Absolutely. Just like it helps to form RBGs if you're in a PvP guild. But, knowing the RP guilds and just seeing what they're up to can help you find where RP is happening, even if you're not a part of those guilds.

The thing that all of these suggestions have in common is you taking initiative. People who complain that RP isn't smacking them in the face as they wander strikes me as a little silly. It would be like me spending time in some forgotten zone, on an unknown alt, wondering why I wasn't getting randomly invited to RBGs. You have to take the time to meet the people in order to help create the RP!

If you're deadset on leaving, then we wish you luck. But if you want to stick around and work with us to start up more RP, to make it more visible, and to reach out to people...then stop by the Sanctum. Or talk to us in-game. Get to know us so that we can support one another in our goals to bring more roleplay, and more roleplayers, to Ravenholdt.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
To be honest im not into the Role playing aspect of wow, i moved here to arena/rbg with friends so thats my reason
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/10/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Aerana
I second this.

I third that and there are a lot of great points that Aerana made here!

02/11/2013 10:10 AMPosted by Remtaya
To be honest im not into the Role playing aspect of wow, i moved here to arena/rbg with friends so thats my reason

I totally believe you. You look super mean. Nice work!
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Druid
Why did you roll here?

Not looking for a quarrel, just genuinely curious.

My guild name says it all. That is the only reason I came here . I checked out The Venture Company and this one, computer performance is better on this server than Ven.Co, so here I am. I know nothing about RP so have nothing to say about it.
I hope I offend no one by my not knowing about RP.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
02/15/2013 10:12 AMPosted by Rebooted

So long as you play nice with the rest of us, no one will mind.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

I'm a CRZ refugee as well.

I would be interacting with the community more, but...I'm terribly shy. >.>;;;

As for the RP aspect, I've wanted to dabble in it a little, and didn't know where to start. Heard you guys were great for beginners.

I also wanted to get a taste of a pvp server before I decided to roll on one. So far, I like this. Haven't been ganked yet, we get our own space...Neat. :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
My guild name says it all. That is the only reason I came here . I checked out The Venture Company and this one, computer performance is better on this server than Ven.Co, so here I am. I know nothing about RP so have nothing to say about it.

There should be a guild like that Horde side. I know nothing of the guilds here, I'm too shy to speak up in game, and I don't want to accept a random guild invite and end up joining an all pvp guild, an all rp guild, etc.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior

There should be a guild like that Horde side. I know nothing of the guilds here, I'm too shy to speak up in game, and I don't want to accept a random guild invite and end up joining an all pvp guild, an all rp guild, etc.

A good, all around and laid back guild that I can recommend Horde side is <Nightgloom Hollow>, another that is up and coming is <Silver and Silence>. If you rolled an orc you can come to us - and if you don't roll an orc... you can STILL give us a shout!

Please contact me in game, or my XO and 2inC Sisanej or our bloodthirsty field murder Hulkababy. We are all RP devotees who will always have time to help people who are new to it.

We don't have to be guildys to help each other out. Hell, we don't even have to be on the same faction.
Edited by Stonzgrinda on 2/17/2013 1:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
This is just a great server.

Enough said.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]