College Honors Thesis:Request For Respondents

90 Draenei Priest
Fellow Gamers Unite: Requesting survey respondents for College Honors Thesis on MMORPG gamers and play! Help very much appreciated!

Here We Go! My Honors Thesis Survey is finally live after a year of prepping. If you play any MMORPGs or know someone that does please take a few moments of your time to complete my survey or to send it to a friend. Thank you very much!

Perceptions & Attitudes Among MMORPG Players

"Do you like to play MMORPGs like: World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, Guild Wars, Vindictus, Star Trek Online, Tera, Lord of the Rings Online Age of Conan, Guild Wars 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Everquest, Aion, Rift, EVE Online, The Secret World, or Warhammer Online? If you are 18 or older, click on the link below to take a survey on your gaming, social relationships on and offline, and possible positive and negative health outcomes related to your MMORPG play."

http://uncc.surveyshare.com/s/AQAINQD

A couple of *Disclaimers* - Based on current feedback thus far.
- This survey is officially tied to the University of North Carolina at Charlotte & the UNCC Psychology Department.
- Surveyshare utilizes a hashing system (to my knowledge) to prevent spamming and multiple instances of the survey being taken.
- E-mail input is the easiest way to protect you and the survey.
- Once the survey goes down all data is stripped from the website - you're perfectly safe.
- This will come up... the questions are not of my own creation and are pulled from prevelant MMORPG research.
- This is to maintain continuity and universal validity amongst all studies. I cannot make changes to formatting.
- The survey should take about 10-20 minutes to complete
- If you've questions, comments, and concerns I am open ears to anything you've got to say.
- Please keep all of this in mind.

- My contact information is in the survey, if you wish to get the results once publication is finished you can contact me at the end.

Thank you again for your time and consideration - I really appreciate everyone! This thesis has taken a long time to craft and the community has been amazing to me thusfar and I am eternally grateful for all of it. My research is meant to benefit the community and I am glad it has been received so well!
Edited by Vardivh on 1/25/2013 5:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
65 Pandaren Hunter
done and done. Just took your friends survey
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Hey Soongda,

I really appreciate you taking time out to take the survey and support the research, it means a lot to me! Thank you. :]

Best,
Justin
Reply Quote
65 Pandaren Hunter
No worry's I can see the type of research he wanted to conduct. It was on gamers and how mmos impacted there life both socially, mentally and there psychical contact with the real world and those around them right? Interesting survey I gotta admit
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Sorry for the late replay - school's been busy. Um I can say you are somewhat close but I unfortunately cannot tell you in full as we are on the open forum and I can disclose what the study is about while it is still live. But essentially you are on a pretty good thought track. There are some different aspects to it though.

I really appreciate the compliment by the way - I tried to make the study something worth while.

Best,
Justin
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]