I have a theory on why warriors receive nerfs

90 Human Warrior
Yeah, or maybe just make us immune to stuns and roots for avatar and remove the ability to cd stack with it. While this would make it entirely a PvP ability it would give us some ability to hit ranged without blowing them up entirely. Overall I think we will be fine though. We are just aren't going to be able to take a cookie cutter build and will be forced to explore more options of our spec. I definitely plan on taking Stormbolt with the increased damage and to compensate for the increased cd to shockwave. Bladestorm is more viable now but I think shock wave will still take the cake as a 1.5 min cc breaker isn't as good as a cc with a 40s cd.

I don't think the immune to damage via spell reflect is a great idea. They'd have to give other classes some ability around it (like a shatter). Plus, we don't wanna be paladins, who doesn't love seeing a chaos bolt incoming slowly then see it reflected back at twice the speed at the warlock who cast it?
Edited by Narcaine on 1/27/2013 8:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Warriors are being nerfed cause u can keep someone stunned for 7 seconds out of 20 (35%), and if someone cannot burst u for 75% of ur hp in 13 seconds (not including ur cds) u cannot be killed.
Edited by Kungfumanchu on 1/27/2013 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
My theory based on asking multiple people who complain about warriors being OP is that the person has a lack of brains and expects to face roll everything.

I say this because many people come crying to me that warriors are OP and i ask them did you try this? "no" how about this "no" what about that "no" well there's your problem. That is usually followed by me suggesting they dps them down and blow their cd's at the last 30-40% instead of at the start. That is usually followed by them !@#$%ing about how that's stupid that they have to do that because they want to pop them at the start and face roll them.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Best thing i ever did this expac was stay away from warrior pvp, i knew this would happen, i stuck to my dk all through 5.0 and 5.1 while i watched with pride as my boys rapecleaved or i got rapecleaved, absolutely proud that we were out of the shackles of slow hits and mobility of cata, while knowing full well that for the last 5 years of playing my !@#$ train that it wouldnt last.

And alas i was sad to be right, but we'll see mid mop if i come back.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
My problem with the way blizz does their nerfs is:

1) tfb is hitting too hard, so we're going to nerf the !@#$ out of avatar (wtf?) - that way warriors won't have sufficent face time for tfb to stack.

2) tfb will only stack to 1 in pvp (ok... what about avatar then?)

3) tfb is being completely redesigned so it doesn't interact at all with hs (ok.... what about avatar, then?)
'
Another thing that irritates me is TFB to start with. The INSTANT I read about tfb I said "that's idiotic and it won't make it past the first patch - assuming it's not just hotfixed. 500% weap damage? Really? You REALLY think that's ok?

I don't give a damned how much star aligning you have to do, if you manage to hit someone with a single attack that does that kind of damage, people are going to lose their bloody minds. Now add on the fact that it's off the gcd.

Horribly, horribly op and should never have been in the game, and yet it gets put in the game, and then just becomes another in the long line of nerfs that only adds to frustration both to warriors and non-warriors.

Exactly this.

There isn't much to all the nerfing. Some of you guys are thinking too hard on the reasons behind this. If Blizz really wanted to balance this game, it would have been done so already, period.
They are nerfing us because we are overpowered, and YES they intentionally made it that way too. Why? to increase the warrior representation in the game.
Where do you think people came up with fotm? its so obvious to the point where we all know which class is fotm.
It's a business for Blizz, a way for them to constantly make changes so people feel new and different every patch, that way people can keep playing this game. duh?

According to the PTR discussions, I hear the next fotm will be Monks.
Edited by Griffiths on 1/27/2013 7:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
01/27/2013 05:06 PMPosted by Lionheart
That is usually followed by me suggesting they dps them down and blow their cd's at the last 30-40% instead of at the start. That is usually followed by them !@#$%ing about how that's stupid that they have to do that because they want to pop them at the start and face roll them.

A number of specs (dps shaman, afflocks, maybe demo locks as well, etc* aren't going to live long enough to get the warrior to 30-40% without using those cooldowns.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
^^ That

You're getting nerfed because you're really good right now. Lets run down the standard fight -

You charge, I'm stunned, you shockwave, I'm stunned some more. I hit Thunderstorm to get some range and snare you (usable while stunned) and pop Astral Shift (also usable while stunned). Stun wears off just in time to be charged again, for some more stun. At this point, I've done maybe 10k from the TS and I'm down to 66% health tops. So, that stun wears off, I drop Earthbind to get some space again. However, since I'm tagged with your snares, I get about 10 feet away tops before root wears off or you pop Avatar or whatever and goomba stomp me. At this point, I'm out of defensive CD's, snared, at low health, and then interrupted when I try to cast a heal or hex you. Then I'm executed.

If you can tell me how the hell to avoid all that with the toolbox I've got, I'm all ears. There is jack all I can do to a warrior once he decides to kill me without MAJOR rescuing from allies. I'm ok being weak to melee, but right now, warriors are just nuts.
Reply Quote
^^ That

You're getting nerfed because you're really good right now. Lets run down the standard fight -

You charge, I'm stunned, you shockwave, I'm stunned some more. I hit Thunderstorm to get some range and snare you (usable while stunned) and pop Astral Shift (also usable while stunned). Stun wears off just in time to be charged again, for some more stun. At this point, I've done maybe 10k from the TS and I'm down to 66% health tops. So, that stun wears off, I drop Earthbind to get some space again. However, since I'm tagged with your snares, I get about 10 feet away tops before root wears off or you pop Avatar or whatever and goomba stomp me. At this point, I'm out of defensive CD's, snared, at low health, and then interrupted when I try to cast a heal or hex you. Then I'm executed.

If you can tell me how the hell to avoid all that with the toolbox I've got, I'm all ears. There is jack all I can do to a warrior once he decides to kill me without MAJOR rescuing from allies. I'm ok being weak to melee, but right now, warriors are just nuts.

Which is why you don't balance the game around 1v1. To make an example is that SW is only OP in a 1v1 situation and since they don't balance around that why the nerf? Not sure if anyone seen the last wow tournament with Snutz going against a warrior team but you didn't see them have ANY problems at all shutting down the warrior (This is when you could get high Tfb stacks). Blizzard just listens to the wrong people way too many times. One more thing to add is if they continue to nerf in this format then blizzard is unofficially trying to balance the game in a 1v1 situation going against all they stand for in pvp.
Edited by Ixbillyxi on 1/28/2013 12:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
^^ That

This is the frustrating thing about wow we have people who cant even gem or enchant their character properly let alone play them complaining about balance. You do realize my warrior has less gear than you but i have almost 7% more resil than (yes this is a big deal). Generally most warriors will just insta ham on you get them to trinket a capacitor stun and ns hex them this will waste most of their avatar if not all of it. But at the end of the day you are the weakest of the dps casters its like asking for advice as a rogue on how to kill spriests/mages.

In the mean time learn how to gem enchant your class these 2 are the highest non chinese ele shamans on the ladder:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Deathguard/%D0%90%D0%BA%D1%81%D0%B5%D1%81%D1%81/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Blackscar/%D0%9D%D1%83%D0%B6%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9/advanced
Edited by Flipoutmon on 1/28/2013 4:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Um because Warriors had way to much burst and far to much survivability, control, on top of great mobility! That's why you guys had everything and a bowl of ice cream too.
Reply Quote
12 Troll Warrior
War is not a underdog class, stop treating your selfs like you were.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/28/2013 05:22 AMPosted by Piãodoido

Go away little boy, adults are talking.

It's quite a bother why this is still even a subject. People will hate us because we're one of the classes that were stronger than the rest; they want our place on the mountain top so of COURSE they're trying to knock us off. Haven't you ever played King of the Mountain? Hmm maybe a good pvp battleground in the near future Blizz...just saying I better get a random statue in there if you take my idea!! Haha

Seriously though, we're not OP. It's funny what you say Panic, because a Mage has MUCH more of what you described yet I will bet you don't go into their forums and raise a stink, amirite?

TfB you can blow through, and it's been shown before through specific example above, yet no one listens. We even TELL people how to BEAT US, yet they still don't listen. It's like they're so prideful they cannot accept the constructiveness and instead think, "oh they can't tell me how to play my class better than I KNOW HOW TO!!!" Get over yourselves. You people who think this have hardened hearts, and one of the signs of a hardened heart is pridefulness and confidence to the point of cockiness; why? Why are you like this? We're trying to HELP. Let us HELP YOU BEAT US.

The cry for Nerf isn't the answer, it's just a band-aid for all those childish complainers. Unfortunately the qq'ers qq ling enough and they get what they want. When we faceroll after 5.2 they're going to cry even harder, and if we hit like a wet limp noodle all they'll do is laugh at us and say, "HAHAHA Blizzard listened to us and now you SUCK AHAHAHAHA".

We can never win.

We can never get what we want because people qq too much.

We will never be as strong as Mages.

We constantly get beaten down.

We constantly get up, dust ourselves off, and continue the a$$-whoopings.

My suggestion to you whiners; watch out, because you've created monsters. We will wait for our moment to strike like a rogue. We will pounce like a druid. We will feed you the flavor of coldness like a dk, only it will be the coldness of our steel, as only a Warrior can, leaving nothing but tears and death in our wake.

You have been weighed. You have been measured. You have been found wanting.

You have been warned.

Arës
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
01/28/2013 07:20 AMPosted by Arës

Go away little boy, adults are talking.

It's quite a bother why this is still even a subject. People will hate us because we're one of the classes that were stronger than the rest; they want our place on the mountain top so of COURSE they're trying to knock us off. Haven't you ever played King of the Mountain? Hmm maybe a good pvp battleground in the near future Blizz...just saying I better get a random statue in there if you take my idea!! Haha

Seriously though, we're not OP. It's funny what you say Panic, because a Mage has MUCH more of what you described yet I will bet you don't go into their forums and raise a stink, amirite?

TfB you can blow through, and it's been shown before through specific example above, yet no one listens. We even TELL people how to BEAT US, yet they still don't listen. It's like they're so prideful they cannot accept the constructiveness and instead think, "oh they can't tell me how to play my class better than I KNOW HOW TO!!!" Get over yourselves. You people who think this have hardened hearts, and one of the signs of a hardened heart is pridefulness and confidence to the point of cockiness; why? Why are you like this? We're trying to HELP. Let us HELP YOU BEAT US.

The cry for Nerf isn't the answer, it's just a band-aid for all those childish complainers. Unfortunately the qq'ers qq ling enough and they get what they want. When we faceroll after 5.2 they're going to cry even harder, and if we hit like a wet limp noodle all they'll do is laugh at us and say, "HAHAHA Blizzard listened to us and now you SUCK AHAHAHAHA".

We can never win.

We can never get what we want because people qq too much.

We will never be as strong as Mages.

We constantly get beaten down.

We constantly get up, dust ourselves off, and continue the a$$-whoopings.

My suggestion to you whiners; watch out, because you've created monsters. We will wait for our moment to strike like a rogue. We will pounce like a druid. We will feed you the flavor of coldness like a dk, only it will be the coldness of our steel, as only a Warrior can, leaving nothing but tears and death in our wake.

You have been weighed. You have been measured. You have been found wanting.

You have been warned.

Arës

So basically your saying Warriors weren't over powered in the slightest, all the other players just all suck, and even with the nerfs you will still kill them all because Warriors suck now.

Even though you predominantly only PVE?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Fine. Don't nerf warriors.

Buff everyone else instead. I want instant capacitor totem, instant hex, 100% of my fire damage to heal me, immunity to CC in Ascendence, and a pony.

@ Flip - Capacitor would be a lot better if you didn't have five seconds to backhand the damn thing. I'm looked into more resil, but when I gemmed that way before, I didn't have a really big increase in surviability. Theory is, if I'm going to bite it anyway, might as well cause some hurt first. I might swing back that way, but it's worked out better to hide in the back of the pack and try not to be noticed until everyone else has the CC trains rolling. Appreciate the serious response.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
01/28/2013 05:22 AMPosted by Piãodoido

Warriors had LESS than 1% Arena Representation last Season. If that's not underdog, then i don't know what is.
Warriors have a high Arena Representation this Season, because a !@#$ton of Warriors had quit WoW last season because of how seriously gimped we were. When they heard that Warriors could once again hold their own in PvP with MoP, a bunch of them resubbed and came back.
Edited by Korbu on 1/28/2013 10:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

Buff everyone else instead. I want instant capacitor totem, instant hex, 100% of my fire damage to heal me, immunity to CC in Ascendence, and a pony.

@ Flip - Capacitor would be a lot better if you didn't have five seconds to backhand the damn thing. I'm looked into more resil, but when I gemmed that way before, I didn't have a really big increase in surviability. Theory is, if I'm going to bite it anyway, might as well cause some hurt first. I might swing back that way, but it's worked out better to hide in the back of the pack and try not to be noticed until everyone else has the CC trains rolling. Appreciate the serious response.

The more resil you have the more you get out of it. At 50% hp every % of resil increasies your ehp by 2% this number increases the more resil you have. So at 67% resil youre getting more than 2% ehp per % of resil. So because I just woke up and dont feel like finding the exact numbers 7% resil will give you more than 14% ehp increase thats 1.5x having fort on you at all times. Resil in pvp scenarios will always win out, you cant complain about survivability and be gemming full pvp power it makes no sense.

As for capacitor totem glyph it since you dont need purge for dueling a warrior you can have capacitor, thunderstorm and, ghost wolf glyphed. Almost all warriors have warbringer for better stunlock if they duel you with this you will have thunderstorm for every warbringer stun. That means if a warrior wants to stay on you they need 2 cds to get to you every 17.5 secs. He will then leap and shockwave you if he has avatar popped you need to trinket this right away. Then you root and capacitor at the same time but dont out range your capacitor you want him to safeguard yoru root into the stun. 9 warriors out of 10 with avatar popped will trinket this stun. If he doesnt hard cast hex on him and ns hex him on trinket. The great thing now is avatar is wasted for the most part and his timers are off. If he charges you on cd ( he will) he wont have anything to get back to you after thunderstorm. 20 sec cd charge 30 sec leap vs 17.5 thunderstorm.

As a warrior i use juggernaut or double charge vs people who kite hard shamans are in this category the plus side of this is you dont need to thunderstorm charge stun as its only 1.5 secs instead save it for the first shockwave.

Point stands that ele's are the weakest caster class of them all. I highly doubt you could touch a hunter, mage or spriest. But i dont see the tears rolling down your face about them. Warriors need to be adjusted but taking advice from people will full malevolent who cant even break 1500 is not how you balance your game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

The more resil you have the more you get out of it. At 50% hp every % of resil increasies your ehp by 2% this number increases the more resil you have. So at 67% resil youre getting more than 2% ehp per % of resil. So because I just woke up and dont feel like finding the exact numbers 7% resil will give you more than 14% ehp increase thats 1.5x having fort on you at all times. Resil in pvp scenarios will always win out, you cant complain about survivability and be gemming full pvp power it makes no sense.

As for capacitor totem glyph it since you dont need purge for dueling a warrior you can have capacitor, thunderstorm and, ghost wolf glyphed. Almost all warriors have warbringer for better stunlock if they duel you with this you will have thunderstorm for every warbringer stun. That means if a warrior wants to stay on you they need 2 cds to get to you every 17.5 secs. He will then leap and shockwave you if he has avatar popped you need to trinket this right away. Then you root and capacitor at the same time but dont out range your capacitor you want him to safeguard yoru root into the stun. 9 warriors out of 10 with avatar popped will trinket this stun. If he doesnt hard cast hex on him and ns hex him on trinket. The great thing now is avatar is wasted for the most part and his timers are off. If he charges you on cd ( he will) he wont have anything to get back to you after thunderstorm. 20 sec cd charge 30 sec leap vs 17.5 thunderstorm.

As a warrior i use juggernaut or double charge vs people who kite hard shamans are in this category the plus side of this is you dont need to thunderstorm charge stun as its only 1.5 secs instead save it for the first shockwave.

Point stands that ele's are the weakest caster class of them all. I highly doubt you could touch a hunter, mage or spriest. But i dont see the tears rolling down your face about them. Warriors need to be adjusted but taking advice from people will full malevolent who cant even break 1500 is not how you balance your game.

Another example of telling someone how to counter warriors.

He does have a point tho- ele's are extremely weak against us and are weak casters in general for PvP currently. Blizzard isn't completely ruining us, they are just making it harder for the fotm's with no skill who charge in pop cds and destroy someone else of equal terribleness (someone who doesn't understand they can't just stand in those attacks and live). I think some good can come out of the nerfs, we will be forced to think more than just go nuts on our target. Hoenstly, I am kind of tired dealing with the jacka$$es who do this. I applaud a decent arena comp for beating us with skillful use of tactics, it is something to learn from.

I don't play in high brackets, but I by no means am one of the warriors who rushes right in blows everything and GG. I encounter them all the time and it really is a matter of, "OK! Other warrior is bursting me, so I'll disarm that, go defensive, die by the sword when the disarm wears off, shockwave him to force a stupid trinket." By this time, you have everything up, they have nothing and it's gg.

Regardless, warriors have tendencies to get nerfed harder, why? Simple psychology. You are more threatened by someone beating you to a pulp who is right in your face than someone beating you to a pulp throwing magical bolts at you. You feel it's unfair for someone to do that, so you cry for nerfs, and Blizz listens
Reply Quote
12 Troll Warrior
Warriors had LESS than 1% Arena Representation last Season. If that's not underdog, then i don't know what is.
Warriors have a high Arena Representation this Season, because a !@#$ton of Warriors had quit WoW last season because of how seriously gimped we were. When they heard that Warriors could once again hold their own in PvP with MoP, a bunch of them resubbed and came back.

So you sucked at cata and a compensation you need to be OP now ? Remeber when rogues take a hit on 5.0 ? And all rogues cried and said was unfair change ? And all rogue were caled noob class ?

You etheir get balanced or see your self become OP faceroll noob class.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Because you're a melee class so you should out dps other melee classes? I don't understand this logic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]