I have a theory on why warriors receive nerfs

You want reasons why you are getting nerfed?

20 seconds CD on a 7 seconds lock down. There is no classes with enough defensive to be able to counter a 7 seconds stun for 2 minutes after trinket.
25% passive damage reduction while in defensive stance on top of armor damage reduction and resilience damage reduction. No DPS classes can mitigate so much damage PASSIVELY.
40% damage reduction from shield wall compared to other DPS classes who usually stay at 20% or less.
You can kill someone with similar gear in the 7 seconds lock down using CDs.
You don't have to manage your rage at all. It's either Heroic strike when you have lot of rage or slam when you have GCD to spare.
All of your healing is in a passive that do the work for you. Meanwhile, other classes need to use their abilities and use them right in order to heal themselves.

With the new patch, you don't get nerfed as much as you warriors believe.
The rage cost on overpower is mostly negated by the haste buff and I greatly appreciate this change since warrior rage usage as become a mindless task.
Nerf to prot stance is EXTREMELY JUSTIFIED.
Second wind change is FINE. Use your trinket wisely and yo ueven got Avatar to break off stuns.
TFB change isn't much of a nerf. You won't get stupid massive spike of damage from heroic strike. You'll get more constant damage from overpower. Which is good and less faceroll.
Warbringer stun DESERVED to be on the DR with shockwave. And you even get a free slow to compensate if you are too def to choose dragon roar instead of shockwave with warbringer.
Shockwave change is FINE. 20 seconds CD on an AE stun that deal damage is too much. 40 seconds is fine. Put it in line with other stuns.
Glyph of death from above change is fine.
Storm bolt get a buff.
Enrage regen and impending victory get a buff (Maybe you'll choose that rather then second wind eh?)
Slam get buffed.
Bladestorm get buffed.

If you arn't happy with thoses changes. Then I suggest you change class right now before the patch hit.

Edit : P.S. I wish they could bring back stance dancing and rage management back the way it was before. Right now, warrior is all in passive and facerolling.
Edited by Plastoche on 1/29/2013 10:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Go away little boy, adults are talking.

It's quite a bother why this is still even a subject. People will hate us because we're one of the classes that were stronger than the rest; they want our place on the mountain top so of COURSE they're trying to knock us off. Haven't you ever played King of the Mountain? Hmm maybe a good pvp battleground in the near future Blizz...just saying I better get a random statue in there if you take my idea!! Haha

Seriously though, we're not OP. It's funny what you say Panic, because a Mage has MUCH more of what you described yet I will bet you don't go into their forums and raise a stink, amirite?

TfB you can blow through, and it's been shown before through specific example above, yet no one listens. We even TELL people how to BEAT US, yet they still don't listen. It's like they're so prideful they cannot accept the constructiveness and instead think, "oh they can't tell me how to play my class better than I KNOW HOW TO!!!" Get over yourselves. You people who think this have hardened hearts, and one of the signs of a hardened heart is pridefulness and confidence to the point of cockiness; why? Why are you like this? We're trying to HELP. Let us HELP YOU BEAT US.

The cry for Nerf isn't the answer, it's just a band-aid for all those childish complainers. Unfortunately the qq'ers qq ling enough and they get what they want. When we faceroll after 5.2 they're going to cry even harder, and if we hit like a wet limp noodle all they'll do is laugh at us and say, "HAHAHA Blizzard listened to us and now you SUCK AHAHAHAHA".

We can never win.

We can never get what we want because people qq too much.

We will never be as strong as Mages.

We constantly get beaten down.

We constantly get up, dust ourselves off, and continue the a$$-whoopings.

My suggestion to you whiners; watch out, because you've created monsters. We will wait for our moment to strike like a rogue. We will pounce like a druid. We will feed you the flavor of coldness like a dk, only it will be the coldness of our steel, as only a Warrior can, leaving nothing but tears and death in our wake.

You have been weighed. You have been measured. You have been found wanting.

You have been warned.

Arës

So basically your saying Warriors weren't over powered in the slightest, all the other players just all suck, and even with the nerfs you will still kill them all because Warriors suck now.

Even though you predominantly only PVE?

ROFL predominently only PvE? ROFL uhhhhh ok...what?...dude you don't know me, so don't act like you do. I PvP, a LOT. So here's an idea; roll on over to my server, and bring your character to me. I'll show you just how much I can PvP. I didn't say anything of the sort that you're indicating and honestly all the stuff you're spewing literally shows how much you troll people on these forums. Reported.

Arës
Edited by Arës on 1/29/2013 10:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
honestly all the crap you're spewing literally shows how much you troll people on these forums. Reported.
Arës

Eh... You realize you are the one spewing crap?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
You want reasons why you are getting nerfed?

20 seconds CD on a 7 seconds lock down. There is no classes with enough defensive to be able to counter a 7 seconds stun for 2 minutes after trinket.
25% passive damage reduction while in defensive stance on top of armor damage reduction and resilience damage reduction. No DPS classes can mitigate so much damage PASSIVELY.
40% damage reduction from shield wall compared to other DPS classes who usually stay at 20% or less.
You can kill someone with similar gear in the 7 seconds lock down using CDs.
You don't have to manage your rage at all. It's either Heroic strike when you have lot of rage or slam when you have GCD to spare.
All of your healing is in a passive that do the work for you. Meanwhile, other classes need to use their abilities and use them right in order to heal themselves.

With the new patch, you don't get nerfed as much as you warriors believe.
The rage cost on overpower is mostly negated by the haste buff and I greatly appreciate this change since warrior rage usage as become a mindless task.
Nerf to prot stance is EXTREMELY JUSTIFIED.
Second wind change is FINE. Use your trinket wisely and yo ueven got Avatar to break off stuns.
TFB change isn't much of a nerf. You won't get stupid massive spike of damage from heroic strike. You'll get more constant damage from overpower. Which is good and less faceroll.
Warbringer stun DESERVED to be on the DR with shockwave. And you even get a free slow to compensate if you are too def to choose dragon roar instead of shockwave with warbringer.
Shockwave change is FINE. 20 seconds CD on an AE stun that deal damage is too much. 40 seconds is fine. Put it in line with other stuns.
Glyph of death from above change is fine.
Storm bolt get a buff.
Enrage regen and impending victory get a buff (Maybe you'll choose that rather then second wind eh?)
Slam get buffed.
Bladestorm get buffed.

If you arn't happy with thoses changes. Then I suggest you change class right now before the patch hit.

Edit : P.S. I wish they could bring back stance dancing and rage management back the way it was before. Right now, warrior is all in passive and facerolling.

Dude, just stop. We don't have to manage our rage? are you retarded or just slow? You and Panic should go have a picnic, you children could then maybe swing ion the swings. Seriously wahhh wahhh wahhh is all that's heard. We're getting things done to us, so CHILL OUT. How's about we make it so that any damage done to your stupid OP fears break the fear? you and warlocks don't have a right to complain at ALL. SPriests, hell priests in general = op like druids and somewhat warlocks. We're strong but not retarded so much so that you cannot win. Priests can beat warriors easily. L2PvP. Don't go toe to toe with us because that's downright retarded. Our cooldowns are anywhere from 1-5m like other classes. GROW UP.

Sounds like you got beat and cam to QQ.

Babies.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
honestly all the crap you're spewing literally shows how much you troll people on these forums. Reported.
Arës

Eh... You realize you are the one spewing crap?

Really? Did you get beat by a warrior? your little priesty feelings hurt because you got outplayed? Go on go for it. Keep trolling. Reported. I'm tired of you fools trolling our forums. You got something constructive to say? say it. All you were saying is DE-structive. and QQ. grow up little boy. Go ahead and give me more crap; proves my point more.

EDIT: Also, to youre point; had you have not had a closed-mind so much and just wanted to troll you'd realize maybe I was trying to make valid points, mixed with some fun at the end. I'm a warrior fool. What you want me to crap on my own class? Really?? I said what I said at the end because I needed to stick up for my crew. It is what it is. Moreso to the point it was more or less for fun. If you can't understand a joke then don't post. You're just playing a fool agreeing with someone who didn't make a valid point whatsoever but who LITERALLY decided to put words into my mouth to make me look bad. Like I said, go have a picnic with Panic, who knows where it could lead.
Edited by Arës on 1/29/2013 10:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
Dude, just stop. We don't have to manage our rage? are you retarded or just slow? You and Panic should go have a picnic, you children could then maybe swing ion the swings. Seriously wahhh wahhh wahhh is all that's heard. We're getting things done to us, so CHILL OUT. How's about we make it so that any damage done to your stupid OP fears break the fear? you and warlocks don't have a right to complain at ALL. SPriests, hell priests in general = op like druids and somewhat warlocks. We're strong but not retarded so much so that you cannot win. Priests can beat warriors easily. L2PvP. Don't go toe to toe with us because that's downright retarded. Our cooldowns are anywhere from 1-5m like other classes. GROW UP.

Babies.

I'm not shadow, I'm holy priest.
You have berserker rage for my fears. I have a trinket for one of your many CC.

If you want, I can come duel you anytime with CRZ (since that's what you asked for in one of your posts). Won't be my priest tho since I'm healer.
I'll let you choose.
Hunter
Death knight
Druid
Which one you want to duel?
And cut the insults if you want to be taken seriously.
Edited by Plastoche on 1/29/2013 10:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Babies.

I'm not shadow, I'm holy priest.
You have berserker rage for my fears. I have a trinket for one of your many CC.

If you want, I can come duel you anytime with CRZ (since that's what you asked for in one of your posts). Won't be my priest tho since I'm healer.
I'll let you choose.
Hunter
Death knight
Druid
Which one you want to duel?
And cut the insults if you want to be taken seriously.

Ill take each one on one at a time. You think I'm joking, move to my realm and whisper me. Remember your insult? that's why I'm fuming with you. You stuck your foot in the fire, so deal with the heat or get out of the kitchen son. Also, berserker rage is on a 30's sec cooldown, how often can you fear? you can mind control, you can turn into your little cloud, you can heal, etc etc. long story short; you have your things you can use like ANY other class. Don't act like you don't. Also, don't tell me how to act, I'll say and do whatever I want to. If you don't like it, don't respond.

EDIT: Many cc's? name it; I have a charge I have to be a distance away from you; only effective way I can get farther when close; leap or run. I have a silence I can use every 30s I believe is the cooldown; otherwise: I have a 20s stun which is being changed to 40s stun. Thats it. You're turn. Be honest, what do you have? I know you have more in your little bag o tricks than a simple trinket.

Edit 2: Removed certain things said above to attend to your request of, "cut the insults". However I do want you to understand; you taking the side of someone who literally wrote something that was completely NOT what I said nor even IMPLIED is a. hurtful b. rude and c. what can set someone off, i.e. me, so take that into consideration please and thank you.
Edited by Arës on 1/29/2013 10:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
30 seconds CD on my fear. 28 with PvP gloves. Seems fine to me since you have berserker rage every 30 seconds. What? You didn't know?
I can't use dispersion as an holy (It's a shadow spell.)
I need to spec for mind control and I have to cast it. (Also removable by berserker rage.)
Taking Mind control means I don't have my Psyfiend (Which is the pet that fear people and can be killed in a global, interrupted or LoSed and share DR with my fear.) or my void tendrils which is a root.
I'm an healer so yes I can heal.
Only other CC which is only for holy priest is Holy word chastise and require me to get out of my healing stance in order to do so. It's a 3 second disorient with 45 seconds CD.
Yes I have defensive CDs. I can survive a warrior no trouble. I usually need allies to peel off me but that's usually not a problem.

Warriors CCs :
Charge stun (1.5 second every 12 seconds or 1.5 seconds X2 every 20 seconds or 3 seconds every 20 seconds)
Intimidating shout (8 seconds fear, 1 minute CD).
Storm bolt (3 seconds stun, 30 seconds CD) if specced into it.
Shockwave (4 seconds stun, 20 seconds CD, soon to be 40) if specced into it or Dragon roar (0.5 seconds KD, 1 minute) if specced into it.
Pummel (4 seconds lock, 15 seconds CD)
Disrupting shout (4 seconds lock, 40 seconds CD) if specced into it.
You can also reflect spell CCs. And mass reflect spell CCs if specced into it.

To remove CCs I have a trinket. That's it. I'll have my Guardian spirit usuable while stunned next patch without the need of a glyph (Heal me for 50% of my health on a killing blow minus the overkill damage)

It seems to me that you know nothing of other classes. Since you can't even tell the name of a single spell from priest. You don't know any thing about priest talents or what we have for which spec we are. Hell you don't even know the CD on your pummel.
P.S. I have a warrior. I know everything there is to know about it.

Edit : Oh and I can't terror/disarm you. That's only for shadow and it requires them shadow orbs to use. (Bet you don't even know what shadow orbs are.)
Edited by Plastoche on 1/29/2013 10:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Go away little boy, adults are talking.

It's quite a bother why this is still even a subject. People will hate us because we're one of the classes that were stronger than the rest; they want our place on the mountain top so of COURSE they're trying to knock us off. Haven't you ever played King of the Mountain? Hmm maybe a good pvp battleground in the near future Blizz...just saying I better get a random statue in there if you take my idea!! Haha

Seriously though, we're not OP. It's funny what you say Panic, because a Mage has MUCH more of what you described yet I will bet you don't go into their forums and raise a stink, amirite?

TfB you can blow through, and it's been shown before through specific example above, yet no one listens. We even TELL people how to BEAT US, yet they still don't listen. It's like they're so prideful they cannot accept the constructiveness and instead think, "oh they can't tell me how to play my class better than I KNOW HOW TO!!!" Get over yourselves. You people who think this have hardened hearts, and one of the signs of a hardened heart is pridefulness and confidence to the point of cockiness; why? Why are you like this? We're trying to HELP. Let us HELP YOU BEAT US.

The cry for Nerf isn't the answer, it's just a band-aid for all those childish complainers. Unfortunately the qq'ers qq ling enough and they get what they want. When we faceroll after 5.2 they're going to cry even harder, and if we hit like a wet limp noodle all they'll do is laugh at us and say, "HAHAHA Blizzard listened to us and now you SUCK AHAHAHAHA".

We can never win.

We can never get what we want because people qq too much.

We will never be as strong as Mages.

We constantly get beaten down.

We constantly get up, dust ourselves off, and continue the a$$-whoopings.

My suggestion to you whiners; watch out, because you've created monsters. We will wait for our moment to strike like a rogue. We will pounce like a druid. We will feed you the flavor of coldness like a dk, only it will be the coldness of our steel, as only a Warrior can, leaving nothing but tears and death in our wake.

You have been weighed. You have been measured. You have been found wanting.

You have been warned.

Arës

So basically your saying Warriors were powerful, are receiving sleight buffs and some nerfing, and some players who think they are op will have a chance again in their eyes, and most likely will tease them when they beat them because they used to be "OP", however even with the nerfs warriors will still kill people because Warriors are still a force to be reckoned with; we shall persevere.

Even though you predominantly only PvP?

Fixed for you.

Arës
Edited by Arës on 1/29/2013 12:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Wow you guys are ripping this guy a new one, but I think I have to side with the priest on this one. That being said- you say all these nerfs are justified, which so be it most of them are. But I bet you my bottom dollar even after these nerfs go live people like you will come in here and spew the same crap- 40s stun is too frequent, SW still overpowered and dstance blah blah.

Couple things- the intimidating shout is 90 seconds, not 1 min after 5.0. We have to take piercing practically to keep up with all the kiting in at least 1v1 and 2v2.

You guys are getting a little out of control and need to calm down- this is not intended to be a my class sucks harder than yours so you need nerfs thread. Remember every class has its own distinct advantages and playstyle- blizz is balancing it to the best of their ability

And honestly priest- warrior is not as faceroll as you may think... It's been said before and I'll say it again... for the morons who are stupid enough to go roeshambo with a warrior 1v1, who expect to outdps a warrior toe-to-toe, they are going to lose! This being the random bger's and the occasional arena player. These are the people who pop ALL cds on the target. The other morons they are fighting then are speechless why they were practically globaled, when if they had an ounce of intellect they would use their classes abilities-every class has so many- even warriors have a decent amount now, to get away from this warrior blowing you up. But they don't and they come here to complain about it.

We are not as overpowered as you might think. Are we in random bgs and low rated arena brackets- you betcha. But for those who know the ins and outs of their class and strategize victory- warriors are only slightly more annoying than any other class (because they are powerful atm)
Edited by Narcaine on 1/29/2013 11:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Just with reading your posts.. you seem like a huge douche. I hope your attitude isn't as awful in RL.. jesus.
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Narcaine
Couple things- the intimidating shout is 90 seconds, not 1 min after 5.0. We have to take piercing practically to keep up with all the kiting in at least 1v1 and 2v2.

My bad on the CD. And I agree piercing is kind of mandatory. But mostly because of latency issues where people arn't nearly as close as you see them in your screen. I find the root shoot in 2v2 being pretty good in most situation if you put latency aside.
Trust me I'm not going to complain about warrior after this patch.
I've always said warrior need high damage to go with their inability to heal and their close range only. But 20 seconds CD on 7 seconds hard CC needed a fix. And so much passive defense needed a fix too.
The patch is looking into this problem and it's mighty fine like it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Narc you're absolutely right; in that, I apologize for derailing your thread so much. I started being offended by panic and went off from there since my RL sucked last night (total gf aggro; not good things) and being on the phones all day for 10 hrs got to me; sorry my fellow warriors and brethren (including you, priesty).

That said; I was just trying to state hat you did; I feel people will either still complain, or tease us if we do in fact stink again. That's all; I never said we weren't OP; never indicated we sucked, nothing of the sort. Like every other class we take certain talents over others to make us the way we are. We work with what we got; and will continue to do so; I'd think.

I really am passionate about our class, as you can tell. I am as a person as well, if that's not appearantly lol. Anywho, cheers m8s.

Arës
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/29/2013 11:36 AMPosted by Vïdar
Just with reading your posts.. you seem like a huge douche. I hope your attitude isn't as awful in RL.. jesus.

I'd like to address this as I feel I was being a douche. However I'd like to direct you to my previous post. I had a bad day man, it happens; priesty just rubbed me the wrong way is all. I say priesty almost toying as he / she has kinda grown on me now, and makes a good point in their most recent post.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
30 seconds CD on my fear. 28 with PvP gloves. Seems fine to me since you have berserker rage every 30 seconds. What? You didn't know?
I can't use dispersion as an holy (It's a shadow spell.)
I need to spec for mind control and I have to cast it. (Also removable by berserker rage.)
Taking Mind control means I don't have my Psyfiend (Which is the pet that fear people and can be killed in a global, interrupted or LoSed and share DR with my fear.) or my void tendrils which is a root.
I'm an healer so yes I can heal.
Only other CC which is only for holy priest is Holy word chastise and require me to get out of my healing stance in order to do so. It's a 3 second disorient with 45 seconds CD.
Yes I have defensive CDs. I can survive a warrior no trouble. I usually need allies to peel off me but that's usually not a problem.

Warriors CCs :
Charge stun (1.5 second every 12 seconds or 1.5 seconds X2 every 20 seconds or 3 seconds every 20 seconds)
Intimidating shout (8 seconds fear, 1 minute CD).
Storm bolt (3 seconds stun, 30 seconds CD) if specced into it.
Shockwave (4 seconds stun, 20 seconds CD, soon to be 40) if specced into it or Dragon roar (0.5 seconds KD, 1 minute) if specced into it.
Pummel (4 seconds lock, 15 seconds CD)
Disrupting shout (4 seconds lock, 40 seconds CD) if specced into it.
You can also reflect spell CCs. And mass reflect spell CCs if specced into it.

To remove CCs I have a trinket. That's it. I'll have my Guardian spirit usuable while stunned next patch without the need of a glyph (Heal me for 50% of my health on a killing blow minus the overkill damage)

It seems to me that you know nothing of other classes. Since you can't even tell the name of a single spell from priest. You don't know any thing about priest talents or what we have for which spec we are. Hell you don't even know the CD on your pummel.
P.S. I have a warrior. I know everything there is to know about it.

Edit : Oh and I can't terror/disarm you. That's only for shadow and it requires them shadow orbs to use. (Bet you don't even know what shadow orbs are.)

Ok condescending much? Wow dude chill lol. You say you know everything right? But the cooldowns I take it? Ok so we're even then there. Never said I didn't know the names of my own spells. That's just ridiculous. I do know about your class; enough to know that you have things that can counter me. Plain and simple. Do you pvp with your holy priest? I stated before its shadow priests that are the problem, however I did mention holy simply because they can be annoying to kill due to the heals. I don't study every class to the Nth detail; you are correct; however I know all about a dk's remorseless winter, about a hunters' concussive shot and freezing trap, about a mages circle of frost, etc. I'm not incompetent, I just don't always take the time to list their names. Just one of my faults I guess.

I do know how and when to counter them, though. Do I know priests as well as you? Absolutely not. Sounds like you know about warriors, however who knows since anyone can copy and paste or research on the Internet to make their point more concrete. I don't have that luxury as I'm at work at the moment.

Now I apologized for acting like a jerk, and although I don't expect you to back even though it would be the courteous thing to do, I would appreciate if you don't make outlandish claims that are really only intended to insult.

Thanks,

Arës
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/29/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Plastoche

My bad on the CD. And I agree piercing is kind of mandatory. But mostly because of latency issues where people arn't nearly as close as you see them in your screen. I find the root shoot in 2v2 being pretty good in most situation if you put latency aside.
Trust me I'm not going to complain about warrior after this patch.
I've always said warrior need high damage to go with their inability to heal and their close range only. But 20 seconds CD on 7 seconds hard CC needed a fix. And so much passive defense needed a fix too.
The patch is looking into this problem and it's mighty fine like it.

Yep- DR should fix this. I never use warbringer so that won't even be a big change for me.

Narc you're absolutely right; in that, I apologize for derailing your thread so much. I started being offended by panic and went off from there since my RL sucked last night (total gf aggro; not good things) and being on the phones all day for 10 hrs got to me; sorry my fellow warriors and brethren (including you, priesty).

That said; I was just trying to state hat you did; I feel people will either still complain, or tease us if we do in fact stink again. That's all; I never said we weren't OP; never indicated we sucked, nothing of the sort. Like every other class we take certain talents over others to make us the way we are. We work with what we got; and will continue to do so; I'd think.

I really am passionate about our class, as you can tell. I am as a person as well, if that's not appearantly lol. Anywho, cheers m8s.

Arës

No worries- easy to get heated on these forums, everyone tends to assume the absolute worst about whatever anyone is saying.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Need to cut out these huge multiquotes they are making my browser glitch lol- or I am too stupid to figure it out.

Anyway- Yeah spriests are a friggin PITA. They are in god comp and are even getting buffed with insanity, correct?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Need to cut out these huge multiquotes they are making my browser glitch lol- or I am too stupid to figure it out.

Anyway- Yeah spriests are a friggin PITA. They are in god comp and are even getting buffed with insanity, correct?

Worst is GC knows they're OP but doesn't plan on doing anything right now. Guess not enough crying over them yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]