Let us see how many bosses are dead already..

90 Tauren Shaman
Hey Blizz here's a thought...let us see what we're siging up for BEFORE accepting an LFR invite.

Maybe we don't want to come in on the tail end of a run especially if the gear we're in search of comes from a boss that's already dead. Or maybe we've killed the last boss already and need a run that will let us get the first two. There are any number of reasons but regardless, we shouldn't be penalized for 30 minutes for wanting a fresh run.

We used to be able to see how many bosses were down already and we could make an informed decision about whether or not we wanted to join. Maybe there's been some discussion explaining why the change was made but, I'm sorry, it was a dumb idea that takes away player choice.

Please bring back the raid preview.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
If you enter and complete a partial clear you will be given priority for a fresh run the next time you enter the queue, letting you pick up any missed bosses. The 45 Valor for completing that run too isn't a bad deal, either.
Edited by Bashiok on 1/25/2013 11:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Won't happen, people trying to "cherry pick" a new instance is what caused even more problems and longer wait times for most.

Right now at least if you end up on say the last boss and queue immediately, most of the time you will get a fresh instance. That is fine until they come up with some other real solution... my suggestion may be to make each boss something you queue for separately instead of grouping the instance into 3-4 bosses at a time.
Reply Quote
75 Human Hunter
01/25/2013 11:15 AMPosted by Xvi
my suggestion may be to make each boss something you queue for separately
queues are short for MSV and long for TS, why? because everyone is queueing for MSV atm and not for TS (because alot of mains are geared up and now ppl are working on alts which start in MSV) same thing would happen if bosses are solo queued and would solve nothing...
Reply Quote
75 Human Hunter
01/25/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Crocelle
Oh boy 45 valor. For wasting probably an hour of our time?
you did not waste your time, since you would have had to wait the same amount of time for someone ELSE to help clear that in-progress instance if you did not help in order to make room for the fresh instance YOU want - so, since you helped clear the in-progress instance, you got 45 valor, if you did not help, you would have sat in the queue for that time with no valor...
Edited by Jola on 1/25/2013 11:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
01/25/2013 11:14 AMPosted by Bashiok
If you enter and complete a partial clear you will be given priority for a fresh run the next time you enter the queue, letting you pick up any missed bosses. The 45 Valor for completing that run too isn't a bad deal, either.

Is this really the case? I'm glad to hear it, if so, but this is the first I've heard about this.

The Valor is irrelevant..but anyone with a DK alt can tell you how irritating it is to spend an hour in a queue only to zone in to a pile of skeletons and that voice yelling "THE EMPEROR'S STRENGTH STUNS THE RAID"..."THE EMPERORS COURAGE TEACHES THE RAID WHICH SIDE YOU DPS FROM"...etc.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
01/25/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Crocelle
Oh boy 45 valor. For wasting probably an hour of our time? Not including the time wasted for the second queue and raid.

I generally find I'm in a 2/3 partial, and when I re-queue to pick up those first two bosses it does not take an hour to down the final boss. Is it taking you an hour to kill a boss?

45 valor for about 15 minutes more of my time is pretty efficient.
Edited by Bashiok on 1/25/2013 11:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
75 Human Hunter
01/25/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Bashiok
Oh boy 45 valor. For wasting probably an hour of our time? Not including the time wasted for the second queue and raid.

I generally find I'm in a 2/3 partial, and when I re-queue to pick up those first two bosses it does not take an hour to down the final boss. Is it taking you an hour to kill a boss?

he was referring to the hour long queue - he had to queue TWICE for an hour each time to kill all bosses once instead of queue ONCE for an hour to kill all bosses once
Edited by Jola on 1/25/2013 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
01/25/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Bashiok

When the queues are an hour long and you get ported into a raid where all the bosses you need are dead, then yes, I am a bit miffed at that. Especially when there are less frustrating ways of getting VP.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

I generally find that when I'm in a 2/3 partial and I re-queue to pick up the first two bosses I drop group when those bosses are down.

45 valor just isn't worth it to me when I'm going to cap through daily quests and the daily 5 man anyway.

Edit: Actually that only applies to my alts. On this guy I don't need anything from any LFR, so I actually prefer 2/3 partial runs for the quick valor.
Edited by Atroxx on 1/25/2013 11:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
01/25/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Stormelder
Please bring back the raid preview.

How about no.

It was changed because previously groups in progress would be stuck waiting indefinitely for replacements because no one would accept the queue for a partial run.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage

Honestly I'm getting tired of the "X valor makes it worth it" argument when there apparently isn't any other answer that can be feed to the masses. Say you want to LFR casually but don't like dailies...valor is nearly worthless to you then with a lot of the gear has reputation blocks on them. Now lets say you make it an option where people can earn rep by turning in valor points to the factions, okay now you made it more valuable. You also give people a way to get the reputation blocked gear without having to endure the annoying daily grind. Allow people to turn in say 100 valor for 250-350 rep with a faction, then you give them more options on doing what they like to do. They may then sit through multiple LFR runs to get more valor since it will actually allow them to have option on how to gear up. It would definitely make many of us happy that do full LFRs nearly every week and get that wonderful 28g per boss. Which in and of itself is a measly amount (barely able to cover repair bills after some horrible LFRs) but at least that is getting addressed in 5.2.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
popping into a half completed run isnt bad its just already a long queue for dps. Especially if you are trying to do it on a day other than tuesday it is easy to see 45+ min queues. You can do dungeons and scenarios in the queue but if you dont have a ton of time and come into an lfr past the boss you need it can feel like you just wasted all your time.
Reply Quote
If you enter and complete a partial clear you will be given priority for a fresh run the next time you enter the queue, letting you pick up any missed bosses.

Dumb question: does "the next time you enter the queue" mean anytime, even a few days later? Or does it need to be same day?

01/25/2013 11:27 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
It was changed because previously groups in progress would be stuck waiting indefinitely for replacements because no one would accept the queue for a partial run.

Very much this ^
That drove me nuts :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
cherry picking queue's only happened because of LFR Garalon pre-nerf --- basically when he was an LFR killer (still kinda is cause people like to stand under him but it's manageable now). remember those numerous posts about getting 2/3 in HoF? even after hours of waiting.

otherwise, the raid boss kill preview was fine. we didn't really have any problems with it when MV and DS was up. queue times were always the same.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
01/25/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Jola

he was referring to the hour long queue - he had to queue TWICE for an hour each time to kill all bosses once instead of queue ONCE for an hour to kill all bosses once
But if you refuse the raid you have to requeue again and sit in another hour long queue.

Though I have never seen an hour long queue, myself, half hour is the longest I've seen.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
as a healer this is what I end up doing

Queue; get in progress run; kill the last boss or last 2 bosses
re-queue; get a fresh run, leave after X bosses (whichever I need)

which means then the next healer gets that same in progress run; and has to re-queue again after to finish; and will likely leave like I did meaning another healer gets a partial queue.. etc etc etc

See I don't see this as solving the problem.

Was the other way perfect? nope but it left the choice in our hands. I guess I could just start deserting in progress runs; since I've got 3 healers @ 90 and 2 more getting close I'll have lots of alts to switch to while the debuff fades...

Actually nevermind; leave it as it is; I just eat deserter every time I get an in-progress run that doesn't benefit me (IE I don't need gear from the already downed bosses)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]