I am in Love with Pallies

90 Human Warlock
Recently tried out a Retadin on the PTR, havent palyed one since mid wrath. Holy balls I love the rotation, while inquisition can be annoying I love the whack a mole feeling, and being able to string abilities together. Cant wait to get mine to 90 :D, and to try holy and prot.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Welcome to the beautiful class.

Once you go Paladin you don't go back.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior

I'm currently leveling one. So I will love my Retadin more than my Warrior?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Right now, our offheals are weak (psyched for the 20k increase to FoL though in 5.2), we are susceptible to CC, our CC is very limited, and our consistant damage is sub-par without a damage oriented 4pc bonus

That being said, yes it is currently one of the weakest classes in high-end competitive PvP, but we are high-middle of the pack in PvE, and Retadin is easily the most fun melee class to play

Oh, and holy is strong as !@#$ (as always)
Reply Quote

warrior is a lot more fun then a ret
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ret's going to be very fun come 5.2

Depends on your play style, really, since Warriors can't loloneshot someone like at the start of MoP. Currently they are though.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/20/2013 07:04 AMPosted by Rezneck

Subjective. I can't stand the modern Fury; feels like Wrath Ret - all the waiting but none of the buttons. MoP Ret is active and constant, and engaging in a way that I don't feel Paladins have been since I started leveling in BC (the mechanics and tuning then may have been terrible, but I honestly feel that Paladins were far more fun in BC than in Wrath).
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

I wouldn't go that far.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Tried holy tonight, holy balls SO FUN.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
01/20/2013 03:40 PMPosted by Thadium
I wouldn't go that far.

Of course you wouldn't, but that's a personal problem.

01/20/2013 05:58 PMPosted by Detìlthìus

Glad you're enjoying it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/20/2013 06:09 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
I wouldn't go that far.

Of course you wouldn't, but that's a personal problem.

This. Though, what Caden should probably have said was, "So long as you don't suck at Paladin you'll never go back."

01/20/2013 05:58 PMPosted by Detìlthìus

Only other thing I've ever healed on is a Shammy, and, while it's similar, it's still nowhere near as fun as healing on a Pally.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I've always had lots of max level characters.

Currently i have 3 90's (warrior, paladin, mage) with several others on their way up.

I always come back to my pally :P

Been my main since BC. Before this expansion he was always primarily prot (with a sprinkle of holy) but for this expansion i'm honestly enjoying all 3 specs.

Its funny, because while i do enjoy prot quite a bit, i'm finding i actually like ret and holy the most this expansion (might be slight burnout after so many years of tanking on him though) so i'm leveling my other tank alts up now to fill the gap so to speak. Prot warrior was fun (geared to LFR level now) and my dk is 88 and on his way up. Druid is still 85 and monk is 61 atm and heading up as well... but i'm seeing myself going with the dk for my tankage this expansion... don't ask me why *shrug*

But yea, love what they've done with pally pve in recent times and enjoying Retribution FAR more than i would have expected a year ago :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
For the last 6 years I have mained rogue, only ever capping more toons in cata. In cata I had rogue, lock, warrior, priest, and druid at 85, yet after playing my pally again, was 70 last night now 76, I think I will be switching once he gets up, its such a blast to 20-100% someone when they think they are going to die.

To my surprise I am really enjoying paladins, even though among friends I am known as a pally hater, I have had a change of heart. :)

Edit 1: No fighting in my thread!!!!
Edited by Detìlthìus on 1/21/2013 12:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

lies i hate my paladin i'd rather play anything else.. tbh.
we seem middle of the road at everything (i donno about holy as i don't play it any my ret gear is meh) but for tanking the other tanks do just about everything better.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
we seem middle of the road at everything (i donno about holy as i don't play it any my ret gear is meh) but for tanking the other tanks do just about everything better.

I would be careful if I were you. Some people will troll you and tell you to L2P, stop playing a paladin, or just call you a noob. You can't speak your mind in the paladin forums without getting attacked.

Trust me, I know.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Is it really trolling, though, if it's true?

Food for thought.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Is it really trolling, though, if it's true?

Food for thought.

It is according to Blizzard:

Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling

Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.

Edit: Taken word for word from the forum guidelines.
Edited by Thadium on 1/21/2013 4:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Paladin

I would be careful if I were you. Some people will troll you and tell you to L2P, stop playing a paladin, or just call you a noob. You can't speak your mind in the paladin forums without getting attacked.

Trust me, I know.

One tends to wonder, though, why one would go through the trouble to:

a) find this thread
b) write out a post on said thread

All to say how much he dislikes playing the class being discussed. Seems...odd. But carry on!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
One tends to wonder, though, why one would go through the trouble to:

a) find this thread
b) write out a post on said thread

All to say how much he dislikes playing the class being discussed. Seems...odd. But carry on!

Some people like paladins, and some don't. Why do people look for threads that talk about how bad paladins are and proceed to "inform" them on how wrong they are?

It's the same thing, only in reverse.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Paladin
Never informed him about anything. Simply stating that this thread was started by someone genuinely stating he was having fun playing a pally, and he went out of his way to rain on his parade. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Anyways!

OP, glad you are enjoying pallies. Keep it up, we need more positive attitudes around here!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]