Old Skool Nights, sponsored by Natural Order

90 Blood Elf Priest
Hello Farstriders! How are you? You look nice today. :)

So we, the awesome folks of <Natural Order>, do this thing on Saturday nights called "Old Skool Night" where we get together as a group and go punch old content in the face. It's quite a bit of fun, and it's a great way to see old content people missed out on, get achievements, mounts, transmog gear, etc., and generally have a good time together. Sometimes drinking and karaoke are involved.

We'd like to go ahead and open up this event to members of the Horde* community to come along and participate with us. Even though most of the content we'll be doing can be easily handled by a small group, not everyone gets the opportunity to do things like this, and some things are better with friends (or at least awesome people that might not be friends yet, but are still cool to hang out with.)

What: Old Skool Night
Where: Farstriders - various Vanilla through Cataclysm raids
When: Saturdays, 8:00pm server time

A few rules:

1. Wheaton's Law applies - Don't Be a D**k. If you're being That Guy, you'll be removed and not invited back. Listen to the Raid Leader, follow instructions, etc.

2. No Reservations - all loot is Need Before Greed. If you want it, Need on it. We're not taking gear/item reservations. That said...

3. Don't Be Greedy - If you're just rolling Need on everything, we'll notice and say something to you about it. Also, see Rule #1.

4. Quests, Special Objectives - If you're working on a quest for something like Shadowmourne, or Tarecgosa's Visage, or your rogue daggers, tell us ahead of time, and let us know what you need to do for the point you are at. We'll do our best to accommodate you.

5. Mumble - We use Mumble as a voice server and will open it up to groups. You're not required to use it, but it will be available.

6. Don't Be a D**k - Seriously.

If this is something you'd be interested in, post your character name here, or send me - Ikuri - an ingame mail. I'll add you to our weekly invite list. We'll post where we're going to our calendar in advance, so you can decide if you'd like to go or not. And if you have a special request - maybe you really want to check out places like Black Temple or Sunwell or Kara but don't want to go there alone - tell me. :)

*Sorry Alliance! We'd take you if we could. Maybe we can have brunch together instead? I like what you did with your hair. Your shoes are cute too. :)
Edited by Ikuri on 1/20/2013 6:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This weekend's Old Skool raid will be ICC25. We'll be running it on Normal and grabbing achievements. If you'd like to tag along, be sure to post your name here for an invite or send me a message in game. :)
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Mage
Will there be cookies and/or cake?

Even tho I'am completely burned out on icc, there are still somethings I want from there for Transmog. You can easily reach me by just /who gross and ask anyone if oilstain is on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
There are always cookies, but the cake is a lie. They're 'lock cookies though, so might be a little suspect. Consume at your own risk.

I'll be sure to toss you an invite for our next Old Skool Night this coming Saturday since we'll be heading back into ICC at least twice more to re-do a couple of achievements we missed and help our DK & warrior finish their Shadowmourne quests.

Fun Fact: Did you know that even if you manage to get both achievements during the LK encounter, if your Spriest bugs out and doesn't DIE at the end with everyone else, and uses the roleplay time to DPS the LK to 1 hitpoint, Arthas will die before Terenas can rez you and screw your group out of a legit kill? /facepalm

TRUE STORY BRO

Anyway.

If anyone else Horde-side would like to come along, please post here or shoot me a message in-game to "Ikuri". Unless you're a slacker DK alt of a certain Aegis member, in which case you can do neither. :P
Edited by Ikuri on 1/27/2013 7:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Bump!

Since a few of us were out last week due to family emergencies, illness, the Plague, etc. our group ran BoT instead of ICC25. So ICC25 is back on the calendar for this week, for achievements towards the mount, transmog gear, etc.

If you're interested in tagging along, please post your name here or send me - Ikuri - a message in game so I can shoot you an invite. Unless your character's name starts with SIN- and ends with -SALLAD in which case I say "Good Day to You, Sir!"

I SAID GOOD DAY!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I got my forum ban repealed! Fear me, woman!

On topic: While I don't spend much time red side, this is a great group of people. Truly a family in game and out. They're a really good time. I would highly recommend checking out their old school nights. Make sure to bring a beer along.

Sin
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You re-subbed and got your forums ban lifted, just for meeeeeee??

<insert girlish squeal here>

Oh and you just had to go and say such nice warm fuzzy things about our guild so I can't pick on you TOO much now, didn't you? :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Is this still going on? Sounds fun, I'd like to be on the weekly invite list.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I feel bad I missed these runs.... :(

-Oil
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Give us a /who Natural Order some Saturday. We haven't been very consistant lately, but we're still running something most weekends. Sometimes it's just 2 of running AQ40 or MC for Rep, sometimes we're running Cata Heroics for people that never saw them - whatever. We made a decent push to get everyone their mounts from Obsidian Sanctum a few weeks back - that was fun.

We try to start getting people together about 8PM server time. Once we see how many people we have going and what their interests are we'll decide on something. I will try to remember to spam /trade a few times before we head out again next time.

-Mage
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
If its possible to crack out these runs quickly, I would still happily tag along. Ill keep an eye on trade. If they are at 8 pm I got about an hour to punch things in the face.
Edited by Sprøcket on 4/6/2013 1:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Qaletaqa was the best guildmaster you ever had. Admit it, you miss him.
Reply Quote
you invoke the name of the mighty Q beware,
you are dating yourself there
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]