Dear Horde AV BG Multiboxer

100 Night Elf Hunter
I faced you several times today. I think, at least 4 or 5 times and my Alliance team still won 3 of those. We got down to the wire, got behind by more than 100 points, and even won by only 1 point, BUT we beat you. So I'm not complaining, because we lost. I hear that what you do is legal, but I don't completely understand it. However, I do think it should not be allowed. Yes, it is a game and you pay your fair share, but I think it is unfair in PVP. No one can stand against you and you slaughtered me several times. However, I went back after you left and recapped some towers, so I know I helped my team to win. There's the word. . . Team. My team had the occasionally rager, but we stuck with it and we had several people get control and refocus us and give great instructions to move forward.
I am some thankful for the AV Alliance teams that I played with this Sunday. I have never worked so hard for a win and I think I played my best. So I guess you brought out the best and the worst ( ragers and quitters ) in us, and we prevailed.
Please save your multiboxing for questing or whatever and face us one on one .
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
It would be interesting if he replied the same response 40 times.

edited it 3 times because i failed at # of players... sad. =(
Edited by Warglaive on 1/20/2013 5:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
70 Troll Hunter
Multi-boxing is fun, try it some time.

Controlling multiple character isn't easy, and it's painful when somebody drops an AoE fear right in the middle, of death grips the 'lead' character. Just learn how to counter them. Depending on the class/spec, you can usually predict what'll happen.

Flame shock*5 will likely be followed by a barrage of lava, etc.

Multi-boxers are here to stay, the only questionable thing was the fact they could (i think) instantly vote kick anybody themselves.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
01/20/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Esotra
the only questionable thing was the fact they could (i think) instantly vote kick anybody themselves

It is currently questionable how they would all get into the same game legitimately since the max queue is 5.
For normals.
Reply Quote
70 Troll Hunter
01/20/2013 05:11 PMPosted by Warglaive
the only questionable thing was the fact they could (i think) instantly vote kick anybody themselves

It is currently questionable how they would all get into the same game legitimately since the max queue is 5.
For normals.

Ahh, how many were there?

Had to skim over the post, rather strenuous to go through.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
Yeh, i dont know - i didnt think that a single group of 5 warranted a forums post. I may have jumped the gun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
01/20/2013 05:15 PMPosted by Warglaive
Yeh, i dont know - i didnt think that a single group of 5 warranted a forums post. I may have jumped the gun.

You didn't think SOMETHING wouldn't cause SOMEONE to come crying to the forums?

You /spit on someone and they will come raging in whispers or on here.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
HEY! Did you just aim that /spit at ME? I know you did... didnt ya. I'm tellin.
=)

But only 5 in AV didnt really cross my mind as game-breaking. Like i said i may have jumped the gun...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Forgive me, but it seemed like a lot more than 5. I know that my whole team was very frustrated. I do not completely understand how it works. I think it was multi DK with a massive undead army. I couldn't determine the primary player, since he/she rolled over us so quickly and then I was dead again. And my real, but indirect point, was that I played with several groups of great people that refocused when we all, you know, died and got us back on track. I don't think it is right that one person can freight train a group of us like that. Just my 2 cents. No rage.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
Well, at least you beat him a few times then. There's always that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/20/2013 05:02 PMPosted by Chetarindre
we beat you.

No one can stand against you

Not following your moon logic.

I also like how you think something should be disallowed because it resulted in the necessity to work as a team and use strategy. That's a knee slapper.

/slaps knee
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
I had a feeling it was this guy.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Yes, I am. If I am correct. I think I understand multiboxing for questing and even instances, where you play against the game. In BG, I'm not a fan. Just saying.
Edited by Chetarindre on 1/21/2013 3:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
We, as a team, beat this individual, but one on one is no contest. Even 2 or 3 of us can't match that degree of coordination. I didn't ask Blizzard to do anything. I asked the multi boxer to face us one on one in a BG. If it is allowed, so be it, but I can still comment on it. Seriously, no hating, no whining.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/21/2013 03:42 AMPosted by Chetarindre
but one on one is no contest.

There is no "one on one." Battlegrounds are not duels, they're team oriented. I think that's what you need to understand. Whether it's one person controlling 10 characters or 10 people controlling 10 characters - it's still 10 characters. Multiboxing doesn't twist the rules of the game - the opposing team still only has 40 characters on their team, just as you do.

01/21/2013 03:42 AMPosted by Chetarindre
Even 2 or 3 of us can't match that degree of coordination.

Why do 2 or 3 of you expect to win a battle that's 2-3v10? That's an awfully silly mindset. Next time you should meet them against even odds, fight at the very least in even numbers, you have teammates too.

If it is allowed, so be it, but I can still comment on it. Seriously, no hating, no whining.

I see both hating, and whining from you.

Please save your multiboxing for questing or whatever and face us one on one .

There's especially a lot of hate/whine with this particular part.

Don't tell people how to enjoy a game that they're paying for, and playing within the rules of.

01/21/2013 03:37 AMPosted by Chetarindre
Yes, I am. If I am correct. I think I understand multiboxing for questing and even instances, where you play against the game. In BG, I'm not a fan. Just saying.

Some people enjoy the contest of playing against other living, breathing human beings. Some people enjoy that while trying to play more than one character simultaneously.

You don't need to understand it. If it doesn't interest you - that's fine. It's an interest of others, and that's what makes us great, we're all different. I don't understand the appeal of building model airplanes - but I have enough respect to understand that the world doesn't only revolve around what I find appealing.
Edited by Xexyz on 1/21/2013 9:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I have never worked so hard for a win and I think I played my best. So I guess you brought out the best and the worst ( ragers and quitters ) in us, and we prevailed.

And what is wrong with working hard in pvp? That's the good of multi-boxers/premades, makes you work hard...something that has been long gone in BGs.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I certainly didn't mean to be hostile, so I apologize if I came across as snarky. I agree that BGs are team oriented and I truly enjoy fighting tooth and nail for any win. Howeever, you often get broken into groups in AV defending towers and such, so one multiboxer could wipe us out of any place we were defending. We had to work around them, but could never face them directly, unless there was a ton of us in one place.
Multiboxers can play how they wish. I won't be rude in game or anything like that, but I can give them a different point of view. I made my request. Choose to ignore it, if you wish. No harm, no foul.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]