Predictions: best DPS for 5.2 arena

01/22/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Hafleur
This is why less than top tier classes (warlock, rogues, dks, disc) are found currently in top tier comps.

Are you saying you'd put 5.1 rogue and DK in tier 1?

I tried to take synergy into account. Could I see your tier list?

I'm saying you can't tier classes, you need to tier comps, because arena isn't 1v1.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Rogue has no comps besides playing with Shadow Priest and that's only because Shadow Priest can play with everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Dominosx is 2500 on his monk right now, and they're getting massively buffed. trololol

I honestly think that mages are going to be bad. Blanket cs is one of the things propping up a lot of bad mechanics. Fire and arcane certainly didn't need the loss in control. Maybe pmr will be able to work.

Affliction will probably only be good if it can be tanky enough in full gear. Maybe destruction will work with monks or rogues and a high control healing spec. Demonology is dead.

I think feral will probably be on about the same level as enhance. Zerg cooldown spam playstyle, with a few people reaching high ratings.
Reply Quote
Warriors are going to be garbage if the changes go live for arena. It will be train the warrior into the ground all match and watch them do no damage because they have no rage and less mitigation.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Crookston
Rogue has no comps besides playing with Shadow Priest and that's only because Shadow Priest can play with everyone.

Shadow Priests aren't the automatic solver of problems in 3v3. Yes, they have good synergy with rogues, but it's not because they are overpowered and rogues are !@#$. Rogues have incredibly high burst damage and low survivability, but with the priests' tools for buffing their team's survivability and forcing other teams into good situations for the rogue, a rogue becomes much more powerful. Shadow priests have virtually no ability to peel for themselves vs melee, while rogues have a multitude of tools available to keep their priest out of melee range vs cleaves. This is NOT true for every other DPS class.
Reply Quote
Dominosx is 2500 on his monk right now, and they're getting massively buffed. trololol

I honestly think that mages are going to be bad. Blanket cs is one of the things propping up a lot of bad mechanics. Fire and arcane certainly didn't need the loss in control. Maybe pmr will be able to work.

Affliction will probably only be good if it can be tanky enough in full gear. Maybe destruction will work with monks or rogues and a high control healing spec. Demonology is dead.

I think feral will probably be on about the same level as enhance. Zerg cooldown spam playstyle, with a few people reaching high ratings.

Ring of Peace will probably not go live as it is. (per GC's twitter)

Mages are losing blanket silences, the game isn't. If mages still need blankets to set up kills, and that's it, pair up with a class that brings a silence to the comp.

The answer to playing a class with low survivability, but high damage (whether sustained or bursty) is to pair with classes that buffs the team's survivability and compliments their damage or helps set up kills.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I currently have my furry warrior and my BM hunter. I play mostly with my hunter but I figure that I have terrible problem with priests cause of shield, fear and heal. I feel that other classes have more stuns, fears, silences that I have. So I want to make another dps class, but I am not sure which I should make cause of the 5.2 changes. Which dps will do decent dmg and be able to survive through those fears, silences, shields and heals?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
very smart answer ! thank for nothing
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Warriors will be bad. Real bad. SPriests and Rogues will both be amazing.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Will Windwalker Monk or Sub rogue be better dps or have higher survivability than BM hunter after patch?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
This post makes me laugh rogues and monks will be top tier along with Rets anyone who says Rets aren't great right now is on drugs and needs to quit wow just using wings ur pet can crit for 70k+ 40k normal hits no and ifs or buts short of a bubble that's enough to make any healer run without the fact that the pally is on them as well.

Spriest it's too early to say.. They're going to get overhauled for the worst; Blizz has had their eyes on them this whole patch and now they're screaming bloody murder on them, which is true. They will not stay as they are. This isn't even a question, what is the question is how exactly are they going to nerf their skills. Most likely they will join warriors in the swamp of sorrows being able to either deal alot of damage but survive nothing or being very drawn out and survive for a long time. Most likely the latter as the easiest fix for them would be to make shadow orbs harder to get while slightly nerfing their dmg and their days of spamming all their moves at once is finished along with the insane burst.

Warriors are not jokes either they can still rip your face off they just cant switch to defensive and live forever anymore. They'd prob be better off getting the improved victory rush with a healer in any of their comps.

Everyone else is staying about the same and we will most likely see a monk nerf in 5.2.x as they're already OP and Blizz is buffing them for $hits and giggles because they dont feel like their numbers add up.. No there's a diff people just aren't flocking to them like every other expansion because they're just slightly op atm instead of zomfg my face is gone in .000015 seconds.

now /close all these threads
Edited by Geeker on 2/20/2013 9:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
DPS is dmg per sec

That term is used in pve boss fights, I don't understand how it will work in arena. Are you going to see people saying 70K dps arms warrior lf 3v3 KFC 1DDK MMO hero? Or wil the neext season see people spec more in a pve spec to max their dps over control and suriv?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Warriors will not be tier 1. They just recieved another dmg nerf today on PTR. Blizzard just nerfed all the class has to offer across the board. Taken one by one the changes may not be that bad but altogether and all at once Blizzard as usual went way overboard and swung the pendulum the other way. MOst other classes have gained DPS buffs and with the survivabiliy loss that warrios incured.

In full Tyranical gear gemming all resiliance on the PTR my warrior gets blown up through cool downs and defensive stance. If I am forced to go defensive stance (which you do or you die in a cc) you have lost the battle.

Fighing most classes you do not have enough rage to get through your damage rotations to make a dent in their defenses. The duration of Shockwave cool down is now to long and it makes ahuge difference.

Some are claiming a dps increase on PTR. This is only true if you are fighting a training dummy that does not kite, does not use cc, or defensive abilities.

I am just lucky I have a hunter on live that I can play. Thier damage is insane and I own warriors all day even though I havent played hunter in PVP for several seasons.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
You have it all wrong.. Ele goes tier 3, arms goes tier 3, windwalker tier 2, DK unholy goes Tier 1, ferals go tier 8
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/20/2013 09:18 AMPosted by Geeker
This post makes me laugh rogues and monks will be top tier along with Rets anyone who says Rets aren't great right now is on drugs and needs to quit wow just using wings ur pet can crit for 70k+ 40k normal hits no and ifs or buts short of a bubble that's enough to make any healer run without the fact that the pally is on them as well.

If they are "just using wings," then they wouldn't have a Guardian out.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
02/20/2013 11:31 AMPosted by Murlockhomes
You have it all wrong.. Ele goes tier 3, arms goes tier 3, windwalker tier 2, DK unholy goes Tier 1, ferals go tier 8

Soooo is that an increase for ele or a decrease? Heh.. If its an increase then I'll take it!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Quick everyone reroll to the new FotM. You know need to be mad deeps yo yo. Not for pve but mad epic arena DPS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]