Mount Collector Support Group V13

100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/23/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Eillesa
Wait, what text?

They changed the text on all the water striders to say they aren't usable in battlegrounds on water. Don't see the point behind saying they all don't when there's only 1 currently(unless they plan to bring them all out).

And hell they don't even have the azure one listed on there because they already updated the text so just seems pointless to now say crimson, golden, jade, and orange can't be used when they aren't even in the game so just another point towards them being added lol.
Edited by Wilhelm on 1/23/2013 1:35 PM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
01/23/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Wilhelm
Wait, what text?

They changed the text on all the water striders to say they aren't usable in battlegrounds on water. Don't see the point behind saying they all don't when there's only 1 currently(unless they plan to bring them all out).

And hell they don't even have the azure one listed on there because they already updated the text so just seems pointless to now say crimson, golden, jade, and orange can't be used when they aren't even in the game so just another point towards them being added lol.

Eh, the tooltop is different. It just has the sell price listed, rather than the cost like the azure one. I hope you're right, but I don't agree.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Might be right on that but never know as i'm surprised the water strider was the only unique model mount that only had 1 color variation by the time live hit.

Also so glad i stopped archeology in pandaria in hopes that they might have actualy rewards from it as it seems mantid are getting their own digsites which may lead to something being added as a mount for them or even just adding a quilien as a mount for mogu(why there isn't one who knows).
100 Troll Warlock
Sky Claw engineering mount added on PTR!
90 Draenei Warrior
I've been wanting a bat mount since I first saw them.

And the blue one oh so does match my current transmog.
100 Human Warlock
01/23/2013 12:23 PMPosted by Warrada
Please, people, support it http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7709112115 ..

I posted in support but honestly it wont get much attention from the right people there, i made a similar thread on the PTR forums where the upcoming patch is constantly being discussed and feedback is viewed by devs.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415605842?page=2#24
100 Blood Elf Paladin
01/23/2013 04:54 PMPosted by Yukio

So hyped!
Reagents: Stabilized Lightning Source (30), Living Steel (30)

Living Steel (30)

Oh boy, now I get to farm dinosaur bones for the Raptor, and Spirits of Harmony for extra LS transmutes to make the Sky Claw!!!
100 Night Elf Druid

So hyped!
Reagents: Stabilized Lightning Source (30), Living Steel (30)

Living Steel (30)

Oh boy, now I get to farm dinosaur bones for the Raptor, and Spirits of Harmony for extra LS transmutes to make the Sky Claw!!!
OH GOODIE
More gold sinks/farmng!

Is this all this expansion is? Yeesh. Can't I have one handout/RNG/pee my pants because NPCscan goes off mount?
Edited by Eillesa on 1/23/2013 8:43 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm just glad that unless the mats change it won't cost me a dime for sky claw because i've been stockpiling living steels anyway and then the engineering part can't be "too" much considering the BS equivalent is pretty laughable unless they change the mats since the forge still hasn't been implemented on the ptr(along with all the BS gear that goes with it).

But ya beyond that this expac is in desperate need of some dungeon farming mounts or even a rarespawn in a random zone(Alani could have been that but vale is far too active and skyshards aren't just rng but holy !@#$ rng). With the rare spawn 5.2 rares having a pretty short respawn they can't really be considered much either even if the mount drops are sub 10%.

Like how "most" of the mounts are pretty cheap though and honestly with how fast i can make gold if i try wouldn't consider them too much of a gold sink, but then when it comes to paying 7k+ for a single mount off a rep vendor that took weeks of dailies to get i kinda felt the blow(mainly because of how long it took for the dailies then to be slapped in the face with a somewhat expensive mount). The 4 regular panthers are kinda understandable with the cost of the orbs but then having to use all 4 to make the jeweled or getting 3 orbs for the engineering mounts.....it gets a little overwhelming especially when there's other mounts that have a high pricetag attached to them that i may want more.
Edited by Wilhelm on 1/23/2013 9:00 PM PST
90 Dwarf Paladin
Not to mention feeling pressured to pool money for a mount off the BMAH.
90 Tauren Priest
Yep, certainly feel the pressure to pool money for BMAH, especially on a server renowned for having 'rich players'.

And I agree, a dungeon farming mount is needed, kind of miss that. Yes ok, the new rare spawns are kind of our 'farming' for mount, but not when you have to camp on top of a heap of other people for RNG... if it was 100% and your Aeonaxx/TLPD spawn example? Sure... ok, I can deal with that. But camping on top of a Altaruis or Slabhide type character? .... I know their not going to be a 1% drop rate, but still... camping it to finally get a tag on it (without every other sucker taunting it away & resetting it) to not have it drop the mount? OR... to finally after all the crap, get the tag to have RNG *on* your side to get the mount to drop only to have RNG drop kick you in the crotch and have you loose the roll to the other people *needed* to kill the guy in the first place.

Or am I just getting cynical & complaining a lot in old age?.....

PS. I still need to get a damn Al'Akir lock out - wtf have I being doing?
100 Human Warlock
I hope there is never another TLPD/Aeonaxx to be honest the last thing i want it some rare spawn consuming all of my playtime as i sit in the middle of a zone waiting for NPC scan to go off.

There was no sense of accomplishment or exhilaration when i got either of them just relief, really wasn't much fun at all. Drops however are great because you're actively doing something to try get the mount, i still hold my breath for a split second every day when i kill the panther boss in ZG (all 7 times per day)
90 Draenei Warrior
I just want a heavily armored mount that isn't restricted to a dying arena system.

...Or I just want cross-realm arenas so I can actually play real matches instead of capping in 2's every week.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Yep.. all Mop seems to be is gold sinks lol. And I dont have alot of gold for gold sinks...
I am also running out of things to farm. Just VP and Voa I can solo farm now..

The new rares may drop a mount but you really cant solo farm them, atleast not yet so you will most likely be rolling off for it? or is it like the other loot where it rolls for you..

Really happy though that I just recently got a mottled drake, corrupted hippogryph and a spectral tiger :)

Kinda feeling a bit sad im running out of mounts to get lol. Darn my mount collecting.. !@#$%ness..
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Managed to bag Ony and Drake of the North Wind this week, guess I'll finish off the terrible reps to boost my numbers now!
90 Pandaren Hunter
I finally farmed the shards for my Alani mount and snagged it this morning!

...I never want to see another Stonebark Trickster or a Slateskin Troublemaker ever again.
Edited by Dimensional on 1/24/2013 9:34 AM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7709582380

Help stop world of goldcraft!
72 Tauren Paladin
So you're basically saying to stop making gold sink mounts because you ran out of things to farm solo?

Yeah sorry not supporting that.

God forbid Engineering be profitable.
Edited by Mungoyoyo on 1/24/2013 1:52 PM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
So you're basically saying to stop making gold sink mounts because you ran out of things to farm solo?

8 crafted mounts is too many for one expansion.
72 Tauren Paladin

8 crafted mounts is too many for one expansion.

Says who?

I don't see what the big deal about all this is. I don't see how grinding gold to buy these mounts is any worse (or more boring) than parking your !@# in a spot for 15 hours a day with 30 other people waiting for an addon to go off.

I know this is probably not the case but it really just sounds like "I don't have the gold to afford all these mounts so this is a bad move" to me.
Edited by Mungoyoyo on 1/24/2013 2:23 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]