Mount Collector Support Group V13

100 Night Elf Druid

I know this is probably not the case but it really just sounds like "I don't have the gold to afford all these mounts so this is a bad move" to me.

I wouldnt be complaining if there was more for me to farm. I could buy both engineering mounts today, but i'd rather spend my gold elsewhere. Not only that, I feel engineering for more than enough love this expansion. I am an engineer myself.
100 Night Elf Druid
Its not that I want crafted mounts to go away, I just want more things to do to get them. Farming gold isnt fun. . Buying vendor mats for a mount isnt fun. Maybe if I could farm all the mats instead of paying a vendor for them I'd like them more.
Eillesa, i partially agree with you, farming mounts could be fun but id rather have tlpd 3.0 than alani 2.0
100 Night Elf Druid
01/24/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Highmana
Eillesa, i partially agree with you, farming mounts could be fun but id rather have tlpd 3.0 than alani 2.0
I do not want alani 2.0

D:
Edited by Eillesa on 1/24/2013 3:34 PM PST
90 Dwarf Paladin
Crafted mounts aren't that bad, except the ones they introduced at the start of MoP cost almost 300000 gold for all of them. And I mean literal gold. If it were just me collecting mats and using cooldowns, that would be one thing. It'd take time, effort, and a bit of a wait, but you could do it.

But pooling 300000 gold is not something every player in the game can do. The dirty little secret to playing the auction house is that if everyone did it, no one would be able to make money at it.
72 Tauren Paladin
Which is funny because everyone complains about how rare mounts have no meaning to them anymore because everyone has them whether it's due to account wide mounts or the fact being a lvl 90 with even LFR gear makes soloing old raids absolute jokes (My 487 ele shaman can kill Onyxia in 32 seconds now and it would probably be less if it wasn't for the script requiring her to at least fly to the opposite side before starting P3).

They make gold sink mounts to somewhat restrict the abundance of them and people still complain.

People complain about everything so there's no right answer to anything.
Edited by Mungoyoyo on 1/24/2013 4:14 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You know i like it even more that you feel the need to post on a seperate account because you're trying to hide the fact that you don't actively collect anything and just feel the need to troll people who have a vast majority of mounts in the game and feel like having to farm gold doesn't make mount collecting fun.

If you haven't noticed the person you're responding to has most of the tcg mounts and knows what making gold is, they're complaining because ontop of the already expensive tcg mounts and 100k yak blizz keeps shoving down expensive mounts down our throats to force us to make even more gold. Tcg mounts aside if i wanted to farm gold then i'd farm gold but being forced to farm gold for so many crafted mounts is hardly considered part of the fun that is collecting mounts.

This thread isn't for people(like you it seems) who just want to go around calling people out for a legitamate complaint when for all we know your shaman is sitting there with 10 mounts when you hate collecting. This is for collectors and the stories/complaints about collecting, not getting trolled by some random alt account(advicetroll aside because he trolls with advice).
Edited by Wilhelm on 1/24/2013 4:29 PM PST
72 Tauren Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Kektonic/mount#status=is-collected
Battletag: Kektonic#1292

Here ya go and even gave you my battletag . I totally only have 10 mounts and obviously don't collect mounts or pets. Knock yourself out there champ.

Feel better about yourself now?

Also just for the record disagreeing with someone's opinion isn't trolling just because it's not to your liking.
Edited by Mungoyoyo on 1/24/2013 4:50 PM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Kektonic/mount#status=is-collected
Battletag: Kektonic#1292

Here ya go and even gave you my battletag . I totally only have 10 mounts and obviously don't collect mounts or pets. Knock yourself out there champ.

Feel better about yourself now?

Also just for the record disagreeing with someone's opinion isn't trolling just because it's not to your liking.

in this thread, yeah it kinda is. You're more then welcome to say what you want in the thread I created. I don't see what this has to do with support.

Also Will <3
90 Human Warlock
I agree that the amount of crafted and gold sink mounts is a little over the top this expansion, a little bit of variety would be great. Nothing wrong with having another dungeon drop mount like Stonecore, Vortex Pinnacle and ZG.

I have every single TCG and gold sink mount and im not broke either but it doesn't mean i think we should be forking out so much gold. Crafted ones are great gold sinks in terms of materials that must be sourced from your servers economy but 18k orbs and mounts that cost a fortune when you hit exalted with someone annoy me a little.

Having said all of that i guess they need to make a decent effort towards getting inflation under control so i guess we need to just roll with it, ultimately its our choice as mount collectors to get every single mount we can get our hands on.

@Mungoyoyo this thread is at its core a very small group of dedicated mount collectors who chat and sometimes vent about matters surrounding collecting and sometimes other non related things. Coming in here as a new person posting on an alt with a combative attitude isn't really going to get you anything at all.

If you're not friendly with a half decent attitude towards others this isn't the place for you even if you do have a very small mount collection in the makings.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yep fell for the old alt account that has a decent main account, beyond that ya this isn't exactly the place to say people are complaining too much about something "insignificant" to you. For the most part as i said this is primarily a place to vent or tell stories about mounts people have or are after, it's not hurting anyone talking about displeasure with constant gold sink mounts just to have even more thrown at us when we've had 8 so far totaling at around 300k(which blows away any past gold sink mounts in expacs).

Also it seems that the engineering mat for their fuse thing to make skyclaw is the exact same thing as the BS bars.....10x ghost iron bars....because it makes sense for bars to turn into a fuse when they can also turn into another bar. So ya that makes half of the mats required for it pretty meaningless if you have a miner alt, just have to worry about the living steel which as the last 2 expacs have shown it will increase possibly dramatically when a new patch comes out that using the mat(titansteel, truegold, and now living steel).
Edited by Wilhelm on 1/24/2013 5:30 PM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
Thats definitely better than having more gold sinks. Just working on my miner now. Now she can mine and not just smelt :P
90 Draenei Warrior
Hey look,

Another person complaining about people complaining in a thread where people generally come to complain.

I shiggy doo.
94 Troll Hunter
01/24/2013 06:40 PMPosted by Schwert
I shiggy doo.

Hehe.

So I noticed armory isn't accurately tracking my Ony kills anymore. @77 kills now though. Wish I had more characters capable of tackling her. Not faring much better in ZG either at about 50 kills per boss. Half tempted to go flat broke and buy all the Profession mounts, just to treat myself to nothing dropping in so long, haha.
90 Tauren Priest
OT but... Whoa Schwert... didn't recognize you for a second with the hair style change for a second there :P

In other news, nothing new for me, hardly being on WoW at all actually - I did get one of the Engineering mounts (awesome having an engineering friend who doesn't charge you for SoH's!). Now to get the other one... :/

And I need to make it a priority this weekend to get myself that To4W lock out *slaps self*
100 Night Elf Druid

And I need to make it a priority this weekend to get myself that To4W lock out *slaps self*
Seriously, just spam trade for someone who has the lockout. Its easy to share. Run in, switch to heroic, profit!

dont freakin' put it off! Stop reading, go now!
Edited by Eillesa on 1/24/2013 7:24 PM PST
90 Tauren Priest
Seriously, just spam trade for someone who has the lockout. Its easy to share. Run in, switch to heroic, profit!

dont freakin' put it off! Stop reading, go now!

Yeah, except Horde on Aman'Thul is pretty quite - the worst thing is, right before I went to work one day, I seen "LFM To4W Transmorg Run" *sigh*

I'll just go get a group and bolt through there I think, I will do it though! lol thanks for the push :P
90 Draenei Warrior
OT but... Whoa Schwert... didn't recognize you for a second with the hair style change for a second there :P

I did a deal with somebody where every time he helped me out with something I'd change my hair cut to something that wasn't my usual supershort cut that looks like what I usually have IRL.

I feel classay.
Edited by Schwert on 1/24/2013 8:58 PM PST
90 Tauren Priest

I did a deal with somebody where every time he helped me out with something I'd change my hair cut to something that wasn't my usual supershort cut that looks like what I usually have IRL.

I feel classay.

lol I like it - I don't get too many options as a tauren to have regular style changes.

But you got it going on girl
90 Dwarf Paladin
Bought Rivendare's off the BMAH for 25k. Now the only dungeon mount I do not have is the panther out of ZG.

...Kind of wish a raid mount would drop for me. It's been almost 10 months since a mount dropped for me from one. I think it was the Mammoth Reins. Really, what I want at this point is to simply not have to do an instance anymore. Just one of them. I don't care if it's Kara, TK, Ony's Lair, Throne, DS. Just let me check one of them off the list.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]