So old... I'm new. (basically)

8 Blood Elf Warrior
Sup All.

I have recently returned to the game after being gone since the end of 2005.

Needless to say, I almost feel like I never played, considering how much things have changed. My wife will be playing along side me, and she has never played before at all.

I wanted to stick my head in here and say hey, and hopefully make a connection or two with some good folks that might be open to a noob question here and there. We will probably play mostly Horde, although we've started toons in both factions. I don't know if we will end up looking for a guild or not, to be honest. Back in the day, I was in one and did a few MC runs, etc.; so I have a notion of the value of having a little help now and then, or just some good folks to BS with about the game.

Anyway, its been interesting being back and checking out the new stuff. See ya around.

Butress / Sanspants
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey Butress and Sanspants,

Welcome to Ysera. I hope you find what you're looking for here ^_^

---
-Roshen
www.myriad-guild.com
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
01/21/2013 11:09 AMPosted by Butrëss
I have a notion of the value of having a little help now and then, or just some good folks to BS with about the game.

Word. Whisper me in game if you have any questions. A lot has changed in the past 6 months, never mind in the last 8 years!

And, as always: FOR THE HORDE!!! XD
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Welcome Back!

-Dark
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
01/21/2013 11:09 AMPosted by Butrëss
See ya around.

WILL YOU, NOW?
Reply Quote
8 Blood Elf Warrior
01/24/2013 09:41 PMPosted by Around
See ya around.

WILL YOU, NOW?

Heh. I may indeed. I appreciate the welcome.

Definitely have a few things to figure out... like why I have to retrain my old main to ride my dang horse, and where the heck i might have to go to do it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I'm always happy to see Vanilla vets re-up.

If you ever played a druid in vanilla, they're a completely different class now. Otherwise most classes have retained their thematic flavor, despite so many spells and things changing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Welcome to ysera and back to the game. To me it won't matter if you pick horde or alliance but if you need help feel free to look me up. battletag is frostwing#1325, as this is new if you don't know what to do with it just type that in when adding a friend and you'll be able to see me on any of my characters.

Hope you enjoy your time back.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Thanks for the welcome.

It's been interesting to say the least.

Since I was able to use R.A.F. with my wife, it feels like we've been leveling like lightning. Back in vanilla, I had lots of time to analyze my play style, and my UI etc... With RAF I'm getting spells and barely getting comfortable using them before I get another. Not to mention trying to stay somewhat level up with gear. It feels a little wild.

Dungeon runs are quite a bit different, for me at least. No more noobing through at too low of a level with guild buddies on voice, getting lost, discussing drops... PU dungeons are a blur, try to keep up with the next pull, try not to roll on the wrong thing, LOL.

Wife rolled a WindWalker, and with my mage, questing is pretty much, who's the better killer. Which usually works good, but fails spectacularly sometimes as well.

I think the economy is the biggest shock. I guess 8 years of time to compile wealth should logically skew things. It was little daunting, but some dungeon runs seem to be helping out.

Anyway, its been fun. Definitely a different experience from the first time around. Although getting to almost level 40 not running about 1000 miles back and forth across the effing barrens, is not something I miss. At all!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I'd like to throw in my welcome back greetings :D

The economy on Ysera is quite interesting. I've been around for a bit more than a year so I wouldn't have a clue regarding the economy prior to late Cataclysm. Seeing the rate which prices increase or decrease is very interesting. I'm not sure if you have seen the transmogrify NPC near the cooking daily guy in Org but ever since that hit people have been making a bit of their gold from selling greens or blues that look "cool", so buying gear off the AH as a lowbie isn't something I would suggest doing. Also, bliz has made obtaining gold from questing an alright source of earning money. After I hit 90 I've been able to make at least 1k g from my daily quests as well as earning valor and another form of currency. :) Anyways I'll stop here before I end up writing a short novel. Hope to see you in game!

Toodles,
Harrokiyo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]